Hyper-inflation? - RnD labs price

Wassaup

So I couldn't help, but notice, that you have raised the price of the RnD pack from 3,99 EUR/USD to 9,99, along with Deluxe from 28,99 to 31,99 and the soundtrack from 3,99 to 4,99.

Now, I already have the deluxe pack, so I'm personally not affected, but I really, REALLY question the wisdom behind this decision. You are only going to turn away even more potential buyers and that is something that you guys really don't want to do. Despite all the "little" (there's a lot of work behind them) touches and additions made to the RnD labs, they don't justify raising it's price to more than double! Now, the deluxe pack is a better proposition (it's cheaper, than buying the base and the DLC separately, unlike before), but it's still more expensive, than it used to be. As for the soundtrack... come on, guys!

Business 101: If sales a low, you need to make your product more attractive to the customers. You can do this by improving the product on the same price, or by slashing the price tag. This... this is going to backfire!

Wassaup

There was an explanation on the RR post
Could you point me to the specific post about this topic, please? Somehow, I missed that one. RR is quite the popular topic, especially nowadays.

Although, it matters little, what their excuse is, this is still a bad business move. As I've said, it's no skin off my nose, but Payload should be working on bringing in new players and not demoralize them like this.

You'd be surprised, how many people "hover" around TerraTech, just keeping an eye out, waiting for the right time to join in, and how many have turned away from it because of bone-headed decisions by Payload, like the new UI, the premium skins and the initial plans for Reticle Research. All I'm saying, is that a price-hike won't exactly encourage them, you know?

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
  • What does this update cost?
If you already own the R&D pack, whether through the TerraTech Deluxe Edition, or via a standalone R&D purchase, then it will cost you nothing,

In August 2018 we dropped the price of the R&D pack from £6.99 to £3.99, partly to reflect the fact that we weren’t planning on making any significant changes to it in the immediate future. With this update, we will be reverting the price back to its original £6.99 price point. HOWEVER, we will not be doing so until the new update reaches the stable branch, so anyone who doesn’t already own R&D has the next few weeks to get it for the current price.