HUD disappears/flashes

jnj01

So I am playing on this save I've had for a while, and recently I moved my base to a new saltflat. However, sometimes my HUD disappears, often when I zoom in on my tech. If I zoom out or sometimes if I look at the tech from a different angle it comes back. This also occurs when I enter certain areas of the saltflats. I haven't tried to drive far off and check if the problem is the same everywhere, but it's not an issue I have seen earlier before I moved my base. The HUD, including the radar, $$ indicator, inventory section/button, anchor/unanchor tech button, snapshot button, XP indicators, spawn tech button, as well as speed and altitude indicators, disappears completely. My FPS is good when it occurs, and otherwise everything seems normal. The HUD reappears just as usual when the issue is over.

Seed: NeYoScEPM4xJBkt
Coordinates(of my base, not necessarily where the issue occurs): -7809 , 5418

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks buddy, this is a known issue that can occur when very far away from (0,0).

jnj01

Thanks buddy, this is a known issue that can occur when very far away from (0,0).
Wierd. The base I had a long time ago on the same save was more than 10.000km away from 0 , 0. Anyways, how close to 0 , 0 do I have to be for it to no longer occur?

Masakari

It seems to also be related to distance to the current mission if it has a marker/location you need to go to (base capture, bandits, crates, etc.). HE tech hunter or GEO mining missions are good because they don't have a set marker and should be what you have selected when not going for active marker based mission (base capture, bandits, crates, etc.).

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
However, sometimes my HUD disappears, often when I zoom in on my tech. If I zoom out or sometimes if I look at the tech from a different angle it comes back.
Sounds very similar to the UI flickering I was getting at times in 0.7.6.0. Appears to be fixed in 0.7.6.1, now (but the stable branch will presumably still have this for several more weeks). Did yours also look like this?:
Note this is entirely different to the ground lighting flicker that comes with significant distance from the origin. And you can see I'm well under 2km from the origin in the video. I had, however, been zipping around rapidly, via my relay towers, though, so I thought there was a chance that could have contributed.

jnj01

Sounds very similar to the UI flickering I was getting at times in 0.7.6.0. Appears to be fixed in 0.7.6.1, now (but the stable branch will presumably still have this for several more weeks). Did yours also look like this?:
Note this is entirely different to the ground lighting flicker that comes with significant distance from the origin. And you can see I'm well under 2km from the origin in the video. I had, however, been zipping around rapidly, via my relay towers, though, so I thought there was a chance that could have contributed.
Yes, that is how it looks like.