How the camera should work

Time to fix the camera?

• No. It's fine the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why would you change the camera?!? It's the game's best feature! :P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xeridox

Well, this is how I think the camera should work, maybe not everyone will agree...
...but in my opinion, Crossout has the best camera controls, not only while your vehicle is in motion, but the building mode as well.

Edit: Even if this is not the best way to fix the camera, I should point out that it's TIME FOR IT TO BE FIXED. At least for now remove the extremely over-smoothed dragging... the rest is just my suggestions. /end edit
  • Have a key to switch modes:
  • Building mode should have a free camera, like in the following video. I suppose there should be a limit on how far the camera should be allowed to move from the current tech's position...
  • While not in building mode, have the orbiting camera similar to the way it is now, but much less dragging, like in the video below starting at about 6:08 in.

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
im not sure this is the solution or not, but i do know that the camera controls are one of the WORST aspects of this game. It's so finicky and now with expanded controls (And all the additional controls mods add and additional hotkeys for control blocks) it is absolutely horrifying to try and build something large. you have to keep refocusing the camera on a new block like every ten blocks or everything gets out of focus, and try moving the camera when zoomed in. instant options wheel triggered every time. it now takes me days to build some of my bigger creations and this is entirely due to have to fiddle with the camera constantly and have to keep dismissing options triggers when im trying to place gyros and turbines in the right places. it's just tedious since they added the radial menu on right click. and further it is near impossible to effectively launch an air to ground strike without using the Modded first person cabs to look down in first person. trying to fly, drop bombs, and position the camera to see where you are bombing requires at least one hand more than the two i have, and unless payload can figure out how to market me a working third hand, i'd say fixing the camera controls is the way to go. (No seriously, i'd vastly prefer a third hand and i'll pay good money for it if you can prove to me that it works.)

Xeridox

...but if you have a third hand, you'd need controls for that too! Then you'd have to worry about the company that made it finally releasing an update for customized controls lololol.....

Seriously tho, I agree with your entire post. Maybe the best thing to do is add totally customizable controls to the options menu...perhaps a modder could assist with that for now...but that would allow for people to change the camera to however they wish. I don't know how that would be done, but I've made a couple of small games myself (an FPS and a tower defense) and if my camera controls were like this it would have been the first thing I would've changed. Devs, I'm not saying any of this to be mean, your game is great and I can't get enough of it...obviously, we all think it's great or we wouldn't still be playing it lol.....but the game has been out now since like 2015? Please fix the camera! :)

Falchoin

I'd love if they added in a follow camera pointing only to the back of your tech with very little (or no) play. It's no fun staring at the front or side of my tech when strafing around an enemy. I'm missing out on the glorious explosions! Given the Better Future update and all the new hover build options it should be a no-brainer in my opinion.

Falchoin

Use target locl, click the middle mouse key near enemies to lock camera and targeting kn them
I use a trackball that does not have a middle mouse button (blasphemy I know), so until the devs let us rebind the target lock key that's not a good option in my particular case.