How Powerful/Useful Are The New BF Weapons Compared To Other, Older Weapons?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
I think the title speaks for itself here.

Basically I want to know how effective BF laser weapons (they're all laser weapons IIRC) are against the old, conventional weapons the other corporations have. Also, I also want to know how effective they are at not just draining shields, but draining batteries-e.g. a HE HG1 turret can drain batteries very quickly-hits shield with a lot of damage but also splashes behind, requiring blocks to be repaired. As far as I am aware, none of the BR weapons are splash, so if would be great if someone could tell me if they had higher DPS as well.

Thanks in advance

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
o if would be great if someone could tell me if they had higher DPS as well.
I think BF lasers have insane base damage stats compared to everything else. I think Kris just ramped it right up to compensate for the projectiles being incapable of tracking/hitting moving targets, etc. Consider how fast a few of the the new guns will drain the R&D bricks, given that energy weapons have a 0.5 times modifier against shields (verses 2 times increase for bullets).

2019-03-26 Damage table from Kris.png

Of course there's no splash damage to drain batteries by regeneration, but there's no need with their shield break.

But maybe you're asking for hard numbers...? I don't think I've seen weapon damage stats for the BF blocks in the extracted block data files, as yet....(@HeX, @Exund?)