How do you change the orientation of a cab module?

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
I'm able to change orientation of all modules (by pressing F & G). Except.... cab module.

So how do you gaiz do it?

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
while holding the cab in position, I use the mouse wheel,but the f&g should work(but have not tested the keys)

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
it doesn't work for me.

these are the steps I've taken.

1) click and drag the cab module and aim it at another module's connection point
1.5) the cab module will be automatically aligned (as if attached to another module)
2) while holding left click, press F/G/mouse wheel
3) nothing happens (while all other modules can be rotated with these steps)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Try clicking the right mouse button to rotate your cab. I have on occasion had to use all three different methods to rotate blocks because one or the other didn't seem to be doing anything.

Hope it helps

Have a good one

Reactions: MNSweet

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
@999
m(_ _)m thank you for being the first respondent

@reaper
m(_ _)m thank you for your magical solution m(_ _)m

===========

From what I've heard and experienced, it seemed weapon's auto-targeting will NOT cover area outside of your cab's "vision arc/radius" (I think it's about 180 degree). In other words, your guns will not target enemy at your rear, despite your gun can turn 360 degree.

Gazillion guns with extremely high maneuverability/turning ability is not quite enough for my sadist taste ψ(`∇´)ψ

Now I'm going to place 4 cabs in different direction, with gazillion guns. Whenever I see a heavily armored or super agile enemy, all I have to do is hold the fire button until I hear a loud explosion.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Caemon no problem, glad I could help.

The cabs are supposed to have a field of veiw that covers 270 degrees so you should only need 2 cabs to cover your back. If your tech starts to act weird add a third cab and it should fix the problem.
Recently I have only needed 2 cabs.

Have a good one

Reactions: MNSweet

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
@Caemon no problem, glad I could help.

The cabs are supposed to have a field of veiw that covers 270 degrees so you should only need 2 cabs to cover your back. If your tech starts to act weird add a third cab and it should fix the problem.
Recently I have only needed 2 cabs.

Have a good one
It's true that I only need 2 cabs to cover 360 degree. Do you mind explaining "starts to act weird"?

I know that first cab attached determines the WASD orientation, the subsequent cab won't impact the WASD direction no matter how you rotate them.

In my case, my first cab faces the front and second faces the back. After I exit and enter the game again, the second cab becomes my first cab. My tech reverses when I press W.

I found out the game has some sort of rule to determine which cab is the primary/first. After I re-enter game, the cab at the left will always become my primary cab, despite it's the second cab I attached to my tech before I exit game.

P.S.
Not sure if it's weird (for an early access), sometimes I can rotate my cab normally with F & G (= =||||)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Caemon
By acting weird I meant if it starts to drive backward when pushing W. Like it did to you. Adding a third cab facing front should fix that for you.

I have noticed in the past that the game seems to favor the left side of things. For example in older updates if you made a conveyer system that had two refineries attached to both sides of a conveyer block the one on the left would be use first everytime. Not sure if it was done by the game or just the way I had built it.

To rotate blocks in TT you can use the F and G keys, the mouse wheel, and the right mouse button. in total you have three options which I think is two too many. I like the F and G keys myself. The mouse wheel for me is an inconvienience because it is akward to roll the mouse while trying not to move the mouse. The mouse is too small or my fingers are too long, one or the other causes me to have trouble with this method.
The right mouse button rotates blocks in the same direction as the G button.

Not sure why there are so many options for this.

Have a good one

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
@Caemon
Not sure why there are so many options for this.
I have my favorite color, but I prefer all other colors to stay.

You can press F & G to rotate a block while you pan the camera with right mouse, and move blocks with left mouse.
You can press right click to rotate a block while you move blocks with left mouse.

The latter method is preferred for rotating blocks with 4 orientation(e.g. a pillar) while former method is perfect for blocks with a lot of orientations. Do you find thier different purposes/functions convenient? Okay, let's move on to the next one.

You can press middle mouse to rotate a block while you pan the camera with right mouse, and move blocks with left mou-

Hmm.......

If I use index finger for left mouse(move block), middle finger for right mouse(pan camera).....

How do I press the middle mouse!!?

EDIT
I forgot about holding left click and scrolling middle mouse. Maybe it's just me and my mouse, my middle mouse is very stiff when I'm holding left mouse button.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Caemon I get that more options the better. I just think that when key binding comes in that there are better uses for the mouse wheel and maybe the right mouse button. I do use the right mouse button and the F and G buttons to rotate blocks quite often. The mouse wheel is just inconvienient for me.

Maybe if the options could be turned off by the player to suit the way they want to play. That way it frees up the buttons for other things. Again key binding needed.

Just a thought

Have a good one