How do you actually delete blocks? [console]

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by sVig, Aug 29, 2018.

1. sVig

sVig Member

Playing the game on the One X. However I keep hitting the block limit because I have so many blocks stashed in my inventory through picking them up with a magnet then they automatically transfer into it when I go near the black hole at a terminal.

I have hundreds of blocks I don't need and there is seemingly no way to just delete blocks to free up the space. Can anyone help please?

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I think you've misunderstood the block limit (I don't know if it's explained at all well anywhere - I don't have a console).

The limit only applies to the blocks of you techs that are out in the world (and the resource chunks that are held by them). So putting blocks (and techs) into inventory is the best thing you can do to ease the limit.

On a side note, if you do actually want to 'delete' blocks, you can use a scrapper attached to a delivery canon, to sell it's components and constituent resources. (Or you can lay them on the ground and shoot them to destruction.)

layer1 and JimmyBlether like this.
  3. sVig

sVig Member

The thing is though I only have two techs and there's not even 100 blocks between them. And when I do take the blocks outta my inventory and shoot them, the amount of blocks I have left still doesn't go down .

4. ZeroGravitas

That's correct. Don't do that. Blocks in inventory do not count against the block allowance.

Do you have anchored techs around, like auto-miners? Each separately anchored block (or tech) counts as an extra 200 against the allowance.

What happens if you drive 1km away, does that change the usage? If not, could you upload a (decent quality) photo of what's going on on your screen?

layer1 likes this.
  5. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Is the block allowance for a certain game mode? Would PC have it in campaign mode?

I totally missed the boat on this news.

6. ZeroGravitas

layer1 likes this.
  7. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Nice. Maybe they can add this bit on PC for loose rubber resources bouncing around in the middle of nowhere. :D

edit: Also, thank you for the link.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  8. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

If you want to delete blocks, make a box with an open top, and cover it in either front facing lasers or flame throwers.

9. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

As long as the bit that is firing isn't on the same tech as the bit holding the parts I find big cannons to be superior.