How come?

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
I understand that there are features that are mod only, but this is unacceptable.

AI using only one weapon(type)!
Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you complaining that a mod allows AI and enemies to only use a certain type of weapon? Because they do that in vanilla, and there is no mod to enable this.

_Kaasblokje_

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you complaining that a mod allows AI and enemies to only use a certain type of weapon? Because they do that in vanilla, and there is no mod to enable this.
I think he's talking about one of the techs in the title screen not using all of it's weapons, in this case the hawkeye cruisemissiles.
This one exact tech almost never uses it's cruise missiles when you see it pop up in the title screen fights and of course that's very weird.

I also see this happen reasonably often when AI uses large techs in battle, they often don't use all of the guns they have.
I'm pretty sure this is a pretty old glitch and it would be nice to see this fixed, after all I do prefer a fair battle.

This glitch might even be one of the reasons a lot of endgame fights in campain mode often feel like they are way too easy. But I haven't paid enough attention to enemy techs in campain mode to confirm this theory.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
The purpose of the AI is not to destroy the player but to provide an entertaining adversary.

This is also why the infamous "Megaton pyramids" were culled from the enemy population.

Also the AI techs mainly depend on what corp level the player is - now imagine that the moment you hit Hawkeye 3 you start getting cruise missile volleys right in your face. Not precisely what I would call entertaining. Enemy AIs still fire missiles but they probably just have a 1% chance of actually firing in campaign mode.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
The purpose of the AI is not to destroy the player but to provide an entertaining adversary.

This is also why the infamous "Megaton pyramids" were culled from the enemy population.

Also the AI techs mainly depend on what corp level the player is - now imagine that the moment you hit Hawkeye 3 you start getting cruise missile volleys right in your face. Not precisely what I would call entertaining. Enemy AIs still fire missiles but they probably just have a 1% chance of actually firing in campaign mode.
Still annoying when I get a big old brick with a few megatons using this, just because I have (pretty much) maxed my corps. Although... Do we find BF enemies once we unlock it in campaign(I assume it's now in campaign, cause stable patch and announcement)?

Attachments