Hovership Techs

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
After being inspired by Sakura's(a Steam user) and @GKJ's posted hover-ships,
View attachment 19446
I attempted at making a hover-ship myself.

Feel free comment how well this attempt at the hover-ship works, or to post some hover-ships that you have made yourself!
Finally!! I have been trying to get Sakura to post on these forums but this will do

wotikins

This ship is quite nice, it has alot of firepower and armor, however the only thing i disliked was the amount of shields you had. I understand you put them further away so explosions dont go trough, but the batteries drained very quickly.
Also your tech has problems gaining altitude, being boosters the only way to raise up.

I tested my "Red dragon" vs your ship and mine won. However it might be due to the fact that for some reason your tech didnt seem to be firing its cruiser missiles (altough they would barely reach me since they have short range), but i still had the range advantage because venture missiles, and most of your firepower is on its belly and i could just go above you to minimize damage, since you had a hard time gaining altitude (like stated above). I tried to give it a fair fight by staying within its range. You can see how the first volley of missiles your tech launched made a dent in my front, because your underside weapons were able to reach me, once i went above you, they could no longer hit me. I still think if your tech could keep within range mine would have lost.

(Game lagged alot cause too many missiles/explosions and 2 big techs fighting makes it worse)
(Both techs had their batteries full)

Last edited:

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Ouch, Cruiser vs Battleship...(Actually not. Both are somewhat similar in size, but both have different building styles)
I guess I forgot to mention that the Avalon is a Cruiser...

However it might be due to the fact that for some reason your tech didnt seem to be firing its cruiser missiles,
I think you were out of the max range of the enemy AI's automatic firing detection radius. The AI has a chase radius bigger than the attack radius last time I checked.
There was also one point where you completely outranged the AI. It doesn't look like it at first, but if you look closely at the part where you were very high above it, the AI froze in position and didn't do anything.

Hitting the enemy AI directly causes it to fire, but not when it gets hit on the shields.

Usually the Enemy AI is really bad for airborne battles, and it seems like the TAC ship held together fairly well till the batteries ran dry from the attacks.

being boosters the only way to raise altitude.
It actually has fans on the inside (boosters were placed for TAC RP reasons). I kept the rising speed low because I was concerned about how long it took to get back to solid ground. (Design is of the floaty kind)

For Power:
The TAC Avalon Cruiser has an onboard power generation unit that takes blocks while anchored and turns them into power. 2 VEN Oleite blocks and it is almost fully charged. What makes it special is that one VEN Oleite Block powers all 4 onboard generators, and gives one extra Oleite Capsule to each, and then those anchored furnaces consume the fuel that they already have in their possession while mobile, charging the craft on the go!

I tested the TAC Avalon MK1 and it failed in mere seconds under megaton fire.
That was the first version of the Avalon (the one you battled against), ironically having the weakest point on the bottom (I forgot the shields!).

Given the destruction that the Avalon caused when it got an attack through, but failing against the mobility of your ship, I would say a win for you in the current version, and maybe a tie with the new version that I patched the hole and once the devs realized they brought the bees back with the avalanches.

Edit: added some things

Last edited:

wotikins

Ouch, Cruiser vs Battleship...
I guess I forgot to mention that the Avalon is a Cruiser...
I mean i would consider them both in the same tier, if not yours in a higher tier, given my ship was slightly smaller and had less firepower, it just had the range advantage, in a real PvP battle who knows the outcome, since AI is dumb.
I have a bigger ship that i wanted to test but i dont wanna kill my pc.
Armageddon.png

Also heres the battle save incase you wanna do anything:

Attachments

Last edited:

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I mean i would consider them both in the same tier, if not yours in a higher tier, given my ship was slightly smaller and had less firepower, it just had the range advantage, in a real PvP battle who knows the outcome, since AI is dumb.
I have a bigger ship that i wanted to test but i dont wanna kill my pc.
View attachment 19480
Now that is comparable in firepower (maybe closer to a battlecruiser class in size rather than cruiser in TAC terms? TAC has a battlecruiser already, but it is at the size limit and it is a multi-Tech with unlimited load capacity - not the same league...).
The missiles would definitely cause frame-rate issues though.

Here is a tiny TAC Alerus Fighter for those who are curious on smaller scales.
TAC Alerus Fighter.png

wotikins

Now that is comparable in firepower (maybe closer to a battlecruiser class in size rather than cruiser in TAC terms? TAC has a battlecruiser already, but it is at the size limit and it is a multi-Tech with unlimited load capacity - not the same league...).
The missiles would definitely cause frame-rate issues though.

Here is a tiny TAC Alerus Fighter for those who are curious on smaller scales.
View attachment 19483
I have a chopper, has no shields but does have healing bubbles: Chopper.png

I have also other bigger techs but still not big enough to be considered cruisers:
Dragonfly.png
Tsunami.png

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Cross post from TAC. Old thing i plopped a few cannons on
Caerleon.png
Very much relies on getting in the first strike -> battery capacity is small so shields go down fast. For some reason AI doesn't fire cruise missiles, or my first salvo knocked them all out, because this wrecked the avalon in your game save

Traveel

Press A and the ship would spin around, also decreasing it's altitude faster when doing so.
Or just use spacebar (slower).
Maybe instead of having boosters, use the jet's to propel the craft downwards. Also, I'm making my FIRST airship as of right now. :D
Let's see how it turns out (right now it's failing in every category. Including look, practicality, mobility, and controls! I must be doing great).

Lyons

Maybe instead of having boosters, use the jet's to propel the craft downwards. Also, I'm making my FIRST airship as of right now. :D
Let's see how it turns out (right now it's failing in every category. Including look, practicality, mobility, and controls! I must be doing great).
Same. I tried making one and all I made was a awesome ship with hover height control

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
A very big hovership. *Might* be the biggest one yet
Dawn of Destruction.png
I have no idea how good the DPS is, since my computer lags a ton with it in the world, even when alone.
I abandoned the thought of adding more weapons to it as pressing space drops my FPS to 1.

EDIT: Actually tried using the thing:

Result: Ridiculously bulky with 30+ GEO Batteries, but extremely laggy.

Can also fly when pressing shift, also doesn't get pushed around by the boosters.

Last edited:

Lyons

A very big hovership. *Might* be the biggest one yet
View attachment 19573
I have no idea how good the DPS is, since my computer lags a ton with it in the world, even when alone.
I abandoned the thought of adding more weapons to it as pressing space drops my FPS to 1.
Is it really a hovership? How many wheels and plates do you have on that thing?

Traveel

Airboat 2.png
My very first semi-functioning hover aircraft. Although it doesn't automatically maintain a constant height, it is able to lower itself. Just press shift in order to lower yourself. It isn't that strong against land vehicles, but it can rip apart anything on its flanks. This is my first, so it is extremely flawed, but I'll try to make a far better one in the future. (My airship was scrapped, so don't expect that to come out).