Hover time trials impossible

I got the unstable and I tried the campaign with the better future stuff, but I can only do half the quests because the time trials are incredibly hard. I even tried cheating by building my own ground tech with wheels. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just bad at hovers?

Gameslinx

Make sure you're in Hover craft mode.
Make sure you have 4 or more hovers and that your mass is distributed relatively well.
Make sure that you have adjustment thrusters at the front and back of the tech to make turning and movement easier.
Ion drives help, but aren't needed since your hovers will provide thrust.
Make sure you have a HOVER computer! This is stability assist and stops you drifting about!

Q and E move you left and right respectively. The up and down arrows will raise and lower your hover height, but a hovering control block allows you to set it permanently.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
I have to say, for wiki research purposes, I had to give up with lowly Hoverbird Mk5 and used a ground tech, abusing the build beam to get through the suspended gates. I was fine with Hoverbird Mk5 for the 'Hover Race Track' (where it can be purchased) because it's an untimed mission and I could take my time.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
@kae Tech that is purchased for hover missions is very bad to control. Actual tech is very hard to control, it keep yawing left and right without possibility to strengthen up trajectory between gates. Maybe you can add BF tail Wing to stabilize it. I had to make hover-tech wit wheels and to actually drive it with hovers activated to do mission.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@kae Tech that is purchased for hover missions is very bad to control. Actual tech is very hard to control, it keep yawing left and right without possibility to strengthen up trajectory between gates. Maybe you can add BF tail Wing to stabilize it. I had to make hover-tech wit wheels and to actually drive it with hovers activated to do mission.
Thanks for the suggestion & feedback all!

The hover tech races have already gone through quite a few changes, as the tech was too difficult to control and the the mission would sometimes spawn on difficult terrain. We put a few 'fixes' in since to make it a bit better, but it still seems a bit too poor based on this feedback.

I'll forward this information on and see what we can do.

Cheers!