Hi, new and quick question about AI stuffs

Wazubaba

Dec 18, 2014
I love the way this is implemented. AI that can become extra lives \o/

One quick question though. I built an AI friend in hopes of having a goofy-looking tank that was more for cannon fodder and shield-walling while I got my guns lined up, but with enough 3 pound cannons to level a city. I set him to follow, and he wouldn't leave the confines of my base shield(not that I can blame him :p), though he would climb all over me whilst I was inside.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Is it something I said that made this tank fall absolutely in love with me, but only within the dome? *trails off on tangent after tangent...*

Setting him to harvest gets him to go off trying to harvest things. Unfortunately with extraordinary difficulty as he has no real means of transporting anything XD

Also, am I right in that the multi-seeker(spelled 'multik' seeker in-game?) AI block lets cannons aim independently of one-another, acquiring their own individual targets, or am I seeing something else?

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
The AI is a little...dumb right now. For lack of a better word XD

We like to use the analogy of it being a baby that's learning how to crawl. We can't really expect too much of it right now but eventually it'll will grow up and learn more things & become a little more competent the more the game get's developed.

So bare with it - it will eventually learn how to do follow & farm etc efficiently.

Wazubaba

Dec 18, 2014
Haha! That's fine, as it is it makes a nifty little base guardian, and lets me have more than one vehicle :D

One more question, should my AI tanks be able to shoot while locked into build mode? They seem to become almost like stationary turrets as soon as an enemy comes about.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
One more question, should my AI tanks be able to shoot while locked into build mode? They seem to become almost like stationary turrets as soon as an enemy comes about.
That's a good point! We'll look into it. Thanks.