help please

Nonefots

bestest player
If somebody could spend some of their valuable time trying to make my monstrosity of a sky base actually float and not come back to the ground that would be nice. I am a mega noob at building with better future. Also on explanation of what you changed would be nice, thanks.

Attachments

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Here you are -

A couple things:
You don't have near enough gyro force to handle that much inertia. The weight of the blocks are reduced to zero, but they still have inertia, enough that the very few gyros and adjustment thrusters you have aren't sufficient to move/stabilize the tech. I added 4x geocorp large gyros, which helped. However, the gyros will always be insufficient to keep the tech level as long as you have some parts not covered by anti-grav. about 95% of your tech is covered by anti-grav, but a few spots aren't, such as the bottom corners and the resource capture ring on the top corner. These will serious impact how the tech behaves.

Secondly, you need a sustained way to keep force upward on your base. Use BF linear motion engines. You'll see I've put 4x on each corner. Use page up to set them to max, and your base will simply float at the end of the sky anchor.

Let me know if you'd like any further help.

Attachments

Nonefots

bestest player
Here you are -

A couple things:
You don't have near enough gyro force to handle that much inertia. The weight of the blocks are reduced to zero, but they still have inertia, enough that the very few gyros and adjustment thrusters you have aren't sufficient to move/stabilize the tech. I added 4x geocorp large gyros, which helped. However, the gyros will always be insufficient to keep the tech level as long as you have some parts not covered by anti-grav. about 95% of your tech is covered by anti-grav, but a few spots aren't, such as the bottom corners and the resource capture ring on the top corner. These will serious impact how the tech behaves.

Secondly, you need a sustained way to keep force upward on your base. Use BF linear motion engines. You'll see I've put 4x on each corner. Use page up to set them to max, and your base will simply float at the end of the sky anchor.

thanks ill let you know if I do. ill also make the rest anti grave

Nonefots

bestest player
Here you are -

A couple things:

I did what you said and its better but its still going up then falling down

Attachments

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
A good way to reduce weight is by hoverbugging your tech. This is a good alternative to using Anti-grav because this consumes exactly zero battery charge.

The most common and efficient hoverbug I believe is to place a downwards facing GSO Large Hover Plate on top of sideways facing GSO Hub Wheels. Putting modules of these in place of some of you GeoCorp Battery Packs will generate massive amounts of lift for your airbase and save you a lot of time charging your tech. Note that at time of placement all hoverpads are only at 50% strength, so if you want more lift out of your hoverpads you should use a Hover Power Controller. If you ever need them to be turned off, you can always adjust the power setting with a Hover Power Controller.

From the snapshot I cannot tell how many gyros or Stabilizing Computers are inside of your tech, but any hovering tech should always have a good number of these.

Hope this helps

Nonefots

bestest player
A good way to reduce weight is by hoverbugging your tech. This is a good alternative to using Anti-grav because this consumes exactly zero battery charge.

The most common and efficient hoverbug I believe is to place a downwards facing GSO Large Hover Plate on top of sideways facing GSO Hub Wheels. Putting modules of these in place of some of you GeoCorp Battery Packs will generate massive amounts of lift for your airbase and save you a lot of time charging your tech. Note that at time of placement all hoverpads are only at 50% strength, so if you want more lift out of your hoverpads you should use a Hover Power Controller. If you ever need them to be turned off, you can always adjust the power setting with a Hover Power Controller.

From the snapshot I cannot tell how many gyros or Stabilizing Computers are inside of your tech, but any hovering tech should always have a good number of these.

Hope this helps
Thankd Ill try this later. Theres about 20 geocorp gyros

Nonefots

bestest player

Hope this helps
I did what you said and it hovers at about a quarter of the anchors height. I want it higher

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
The reason your tech is not going higher is because you have so many batteries. If you want to make the base go higher, Simply swap out batteries for more hoverbug modules and you should be fine. Keep in mind that each additional block you add on to your tech will make it heavier-especially batteries, which are heavy compared to other blocks.

Nonefots

bestest player
The reason your tech is not going higher is because you have so many batteries. If you want to make the base go higher, Simply swap out batteries for more hoverbug modules and you should be fine. Keep in mind that each additional block you add on to your tech will make it heavier-especially batteries, which are heavy compared to other blocks.
alright thanks. last question, do the hoverpads have to be connected to hub wheels or just faccing down