Helios Consortium Shipyard

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
Started learning how to use the pistons and swivels. Here's the first ship that features extensive use of them, the Shiratori (White Bird).

Mods used:
Death Beam by WhitePaw2002
Control Blocks from TTMM

(TECH SNAPSHOT)
HCS Shiratori.png

It can switch between two forms. The first is the "flight" form, with weapons pointed towards the front and thrusters towards the rear, ideal for focusing fire on targets at range, and long distance traveling.

Screenshot13837.jpg

Press T key to transform into the "fight" form. In this form the "head" is raised to reveal some hidden weapons. Laser and missile turrets will rotate to track targets. The wings spread out to increase the ship's stability and turning rate (25% faster!), weapons under the wings also gain wider firing arc. This form is ideal for close combat.

Screenshot13826.jpg

Defensive machine guns under the tail. Laser and missile turrets on the "head" can also shoot backwards.

Screenshot13831.jpg

And finally, this form can be used for landing. Just be gentle, those wings are fragile.

Screenshot13834.jpg

Last edited:

EdCuMo

Jan 9, 2019
I made a few images to showcase that Mobile Fortress. but failed to upload them to steam workshop, so I'll just dump them here.

Workshop Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2052436346

Alternatively you can find my other creations at the workshop.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003853008/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920
Can you share both snapshot? the "Mobile Fortress" and the "resource hover" i like the design

Ps: i love HCS Battle Barge MP, Khopesh and HCS NeoGeo

Last edited:

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Can you share both snapshot? the "Mobile Fortress" and the "resource hover" i like the design

Ps: i love HCS Battle Barge MP, Khopesh and HCS NeoGeo
That hover miner thing was quickly pieced together for demonstration, I wouldn't recommend it but here you go.

As for the original fort, subscribe to it on steam workshop, then click the steam icon on the left, you should see it there.

Plus two more variants I've made for multiplayer a few months ago. The MP variant simply has its factory parts stripped. The MP7H is a more refined hover variant.

Attachments

EdCuMo

Jan 9, 2019
That hover miner thing was quickly pieced together for demonstration, I wouldn't recommend it but here you go.

As for the original fort, subscribe to it on steam workshop, then click the steam icon on the left, you should see it there.

Plus two more variants I've made for multiplayer a few months ago. The MP variant simply has its factory parts stripped. The MP7H is a more refined hover variant.
Thank you bro

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Here's another modded ship, the transforming battlecruiser Alvaldi.

Mods Used:
Control Block and Fusion Block by Aceba1 (from TTMM)
Black Labs Blocks by Saelem Black
Apollyon Heavy Plasma Cannon and HE Rangefinder by Soz
Hawkeye XL Armored Slope by Shidoni
Custom Skins Megapack by Rafs
CrossCorp Skin Packs from Steam Workshop

Controls:
T - Switch between anti-ship and anti-ground modes.

Y - Extend/retract powered weapons.
C - Extend/retract the aft section, solar panel bay and reactor bay doors.
R - Switch between POV cameras.

You can change any of the key bindings (except R) by pressing ALT+C, click "Show Tools" at the bottom and edit from the key binder.

(TECH SNAPSHOT)
HCS Alvaldi.png

First of all, a word of warning. This thing is choke-full of pistons and swivels.
Frame rate will drop during transformation, especially during the "T". Performing multiple transformations at once is not recommended.

Screenshot13847.jpg

Press "T" key will switch from the default anti-ship mode to anti-ground mode.
The fore section will split up, turrets, missile launchers and Plasma Mortars shift position to have a clear shot at targets down below, and bomb bays will be deployed.
Originally the bomb bays were equipped with Freyr Bomb, but its high rate of fire worsened the frame rate issue so I to replaced them with Paladin bombs.

Screenshot13849.jpg

Press "Y" key will deploy various Black Labs weapons. These weapons are very destructive, but cost power to fire. Excessive use of them might shut your bubbles down in the middle of a battle, so they are designed to be retractable to save power.

Untitled-1.jpg

Press "C" key will extend the aft sections, revealing four BL KNR Windmills and six BF solar panels. The windmills will work regardless of whether the aft is extended or not.

In case the clean energy is not enough, "C" key will also open up the Rodius Reactor bay. Anchor the ship, toss some HE Rodius blocks in, and enjoy the glow. If you are in a hurry, close the door to prevent loose Rodius from spilling.

Screenshot13867.jpg

NOTE: The Rodius Reactor has been redesigned to solve the loose Rodius problem. It can now store at least 200 Rodius (3 HE Rodius Block's worth) at full speed without spilling. Thanks, QuackDuck!

Last edited:

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Do I just need the snapshot to use this? And I already have the required mods.
Yes, if you've already installed every mod from the list, then you should be able to load the snapshot in R&D and Creative. If it says missing blocks then double check the mods.

Also I've redesigned Rodius Reactor section on Alvaldi, redownload the snapshot if you are having problems with Rodius falling off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionite

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Probably the most blocky ship I've ever made, the TAC based stealth destroyer Obsidian.

Mods Used:
TAC Pack Mod by Legionite
Custom Skins Megapack by Rafs

Controls:
R - Toggle advanced Radar.

T, Y, U, I - Toggle various weapon groups.
G, H - Hold to launch a single salvo from T/Y weapon group.

More specifically:
  • T: toggle 16 Beam gun and 4 Cruise missiles. If the space key is held while doing this, the first salvo will be wasted on your own tech.
  • Y: toggle the 4 ICBM launcher on the top. Like T, you'll hit your own tech if space key is held, but most importantly the ICBMs can cause friendly fire!
  • U: toggle the 2 EPMC Particle Cannons. Hold space to charge and fire. Costs energy.
  • I: toggle 4 Zorg missile launcher and 2 Pivelite autocannons. These weapons are also triggered with space key, so they still work even if toggled off, toggling them on just keeps the bay door open.
  • G: hold to launch a single salvo from weapon group T. Will automatically close if T is not toggled on.
  • H: hold to launch a single staggered salvo from weapon group Y. Will automatically close if Y is not toggled on. Again, if space is held this will cause friendly fire!

(TECH SNAPSHOT)
HCS Obsidian.png

All weapon groups toggled on.

Screenshot13875.jpg

Of special mention is the ship's radar system. When toggled off, the ship's internal radars will cover 45 degrees each toward the front, left, right and rear, plus a long range radar at 30 degrees towards the front.

When toggled on, two things will happen:
The passive radar will extend and rotate to cover a larger radius with almost no dead zone.

Screenshot13869.jpg

And another long range active radar will be deployed, controlled manually by the mouse cursor.
Come to think of it, this isn't very useful as the only turreted weapon on this ship is the autocannon, hmmm...

Screenshot13874.jpg

Also here's another side project, a steampunk armored zeppelin. Nothing too special about this one, I just wanted to put those curved GSO blocks and boardside cannons to good use.

Mods used are:
Rafs' Custom Blocks and Skins
Soz's Custom Blocks

(TECH SNAPSHOT)
HCS Armored Zeppelin.png

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Ok Helios this is a random question: how do you get the links to the mods you use to be the name of the mod and not an https//:forum.terratech.game thing?
also i really like your stuff and look up to you :]
Click that "chain" icon to the left of "smilies", or use shortcut Ctrl+K
Paste the link in the URL and put name in the Text
Thanks, I'm flattered :]

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Finally, the last corp to try out on my list is Green Tech. I present you the modular mothership Paragon. It was originally called Gaia but that name was taken by a GT wheel.

Mods used:
Blocks and Custom Skins Megapack by Rafs
TAC Pack by Legionite
Various Blocks by Soz
Death Beam by WhitePaw2002

(TECH SNAPSHOT)
(REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD THE MODULE PACK BELOW!)
HCS Paragon.png

The snapshot above is just the frame. For the ship to truly shine, various modules must be attached first.

To do so, spawn a module at a suitable location, then move it towards the frame in build beam, until they merge.

[A] means aft, [L][R] means left/right (or portside/starboard) when the frame is facing north. [LR] means it works on both sides.
After the module is attached, press X to release the bolts. If it's a weapons module, releasing the bolt will allow the module to switch facing with the frame with T key.
If it's the drone/hanger/landing pad module, press X will release the carried tech (which can be re-attached thanks to the reusable bolt), so install it last, after other bolts have been released.

After all the module slots are filled, press T to switch to hover mode, enable anti-grav, then take a snapshot and load it to restore its normal hover control.
Also, the view zooming will be locked after the merge. Switch to another tech then switch back to fix this.

Screenshot13878.jpg

I've included various prefab modules, as well as blank templates for you to create your own module.

Preview of some of the modules:

Screenshot13883.jpg

As I've reached the 5 attachments per post limit, see the next post for more descriptions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
The Large Power Plant:
Filter settings will reset after the merge, so here's the recommended setting:
Expensive stuff like components will be sold, fuel goes in to the generator, Rodius for the reactor, and the rest goes into the Plasma furnace.

Screenshot13897.jpg

The Harvester module:
Press Y to extend the module then anchor with the fixed anchor at the bottom.
Do NOT anchor with sky anchor, otherwise the collector missiles will dislodge the chunks stored on your ship!
Also try not to use more than one harvester module, the physics can go crazy.

Screenshot13899.jpg

Tubes/conveyor directions will be messed up after the merge, so manually reverse them if the chunks are not flowing.
The tubes on the ship is covered to prevent accidental reversal.

Screenshot13902.jpg

If you use the harvester without a chunk processing large module for some reason, remove the last tube section and replace it with the delivery cannon stowed above. This is far from ideal however.

Screenshot13876.jpg

And finally, when using the landing pad module, try to land with the build beam instead of landing directly. Otherwise the landing speed could be too fast and crash the bolts. Same with the hanger module, drive underneath then active build beam.

When building your own tech for hanger/landing pad, do NOT exceed the module boundary, or tech will be cut off! Keep in mind the thin armor panels still count as one block.

Also, that drone pair won't separate after releasing. I have no idea how to make it work so I just kinda thrown it in. Sorry about that!

Screenshot13905.jpg

Last edited:

Skihiley

Trying to make NOVA bloccs a thing...
May 8, 2020
The Large Power Plant:
Filter settings will reset after the merge, so here's the recommended setting:
Expensive stuff like components will be sold, fuel goes in to the generator, Rodius for the reactor, and the rest goes into the Plasma furnace.

View attachment 34001

The Harvester module:
Press Y to extend the module then anchor with the fixed anchor at the bottom.
Do NOT anchor with sky anchor, otherwise the collector missiles will dislodge the chunks stored on your ship!
Also try not to use more than one harvester module, the physics can go crazy.

View attachment 34002

Tubes/conveyor directions will be messed up after the merge, so manually reverse them if the chunks are not flowing.
The tubes on the ship is covered to prevent accidental reversal.

View attachment 34003

If you use the harvester without a chunk processing large module for some reason, remove the last tube section and replace it with the delivery cannon stowed above. This is far from ideal however.

View attachment 34000

And finally, when using the landing pad module, try to land with the build beam instead of landing directly. Otherwise the landing speed could be too fast and crash the bolts. Same with the hanger module, drive underneath then active build beam.

When building your own tech for hanger/landing pad, do NOT exceed the module boundary, or tech will be cut off! Keep in mind the thin armor panels still count as one block.

Also, that drone pair won't separate after releasing. I have no idea how to make it work so I just kinda thrown it in. Sorry about that!

View attachment 34004
my mind is broken thats amazing

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Last edited:

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Missile destroyer Maverick.

Mods used:
TAC Pack by Legionite
Various Blocks by Soz

Controls:
R - Main turret POV, aim the guns with mouse, drag with right mouse key to look around
T - Switch all weapons on/off (excluding the rotary cruise missile launcher)
Y - Switch rotary cruise missile launcher on/off

Like always, you can change any of the key bindings (except R) by pressing ALT+C, click "Show Tools" at the bottom and edit from the key binder.

(TECH SNAPSHOT) :
HCS Maverick.png

Railgun variant (TECH SNAPSHOT) :
HCS Maverick R.png

The ship is designed around the rotary cruise missile launcher concept, which delivers a never- ending stream of cruise missiles.

Screenshot13922.jpg

Another feature of this ship is total auto-fire, which means unless you are controlling the main turret with POV, there is no need to press the space key. Just toggle T and Y, then you can focus on maneuvering the ship, the weapons will fire on their own.

Screenshot13924.jpg

Extra: a light skimmer with twin Blutgang.

(TECH SNAPSHOT) :
HCS ETC Skimmer.png

Last edited:

Ya_like_jazz?

Jul 28, 2020
Cool tech! The rotary cruise missile launcher looks really works really well, i'm gonna try and make a rotary TAC nuke launcher now.

Reactions: Helios

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
Heavy mobile artillery Argus.

Mods used:
Tunagi VOICEROID Blocks by arikasa (Steam Workshop)

Controls:
R - Main turret POV, aim turret with camera.
T - Switch all weapons on/off
Y - Aim main turret with mouse
H - Switch Hover/Siege mode

(TECH SNAPSHOT):
HCS Argus NoChibi.png

Although fire while hovering is possible, the main turret might not gain enough depression.
Switching to Siege mode with H key is recommended.
Screenshot13929.jpg

Like the Maverick above, the Argus also features total auto-fire, enabled with T key.
The main gun array consists of 16 Bultgangs firing in succession, at 4 rounds per second for a total DPS of 18K.
Screenshot13933.jpg

By enabling mouse aim with Y, you can also manually fire the 16-gun salvo with Space key, for 72K damage per salvo.
Screenshot13939.jpg

Chibi commander and gunner mandatory no more.
Screenshot13938.jpg

Last edited:

Biggie Boi

Jun 28, 2019
Heavy mobile artillery Argus.

Mods used:
Tunagi VOICEROID Blocks by arikasa (Steam Workshop)

Controls:
R - Main turret POV, aim turret with camera.
T - Switch all weapons on/off
Y - Aim main turret with mouse
H - Switch Hover/Siege mode

(TECH SNAPSHOT):
View attachment 34469

Although fire while hovering is possible, the main turret might not gain enough depression.
Switching to Siege mode with H key is recommended.
View attachment 34470

Like the Maverick above, the Argus also features total auto-fire, enabled with T key.
The main gun array consists of 16 Bultgangs firing in succession, at 4 rounds per second for a total DPS of 18K.
View attachment 34472

By enabling mouse aim with Y, you can also manually fire the 16-gun salvo with Space key, for 72K damage per salvo.
View attachment 34474

Chibi commander and gunner mandatory.
View attachment 34471
can someone send me a screenshot of this tech but without the chibi commanders?

Reactions: YaYYeeT

Helios

Apr 7, 2020
can I ask which blocks by rafs? im trying to use this tech, and my computer cant handle using all of rafs bloccs.
thancc in advance
Just the Riot Shield and Blast Pillars, I think.

can someone send me a screenshot of this tech but without the chibi commanders?
Official mods are acting up in unstable, so I can't load this snap atm because of the chibis. *facepalm*
Will upload a snap without the chibi once I get the official mods working again.

20200921110609.jpg

On a side note, the Maverick is updated with newly released Black Labs Nidhogg railgun.
Since it's a spaceship, I felt the railguns are more suitable than howitzers.

(TECH SNAPSHOT):
HCS Maverick R.png

Last edited: