Helios Consortium Shipyard

Helios

Helios

And finally the BF version of my series of mobile bases. Two of them actually.

The first Ark of Eden is one of my earliest mobile bases, it suffers from a few issues, like that conveyor loop bug and the inability to hover without AG engine. Plus its appearance, although sleek, kinda looks too soap-ish. The second iteration doesn't have the aforementioned issues, and not a flying soap anymore!

Workshop Link:

Ark of Eden
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2052532899

Ark of Eden II
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2052534940

Last edited:

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Seeing some of the things that you made on your workshop as well as for the Better Future Enemy Submissions have really blown my mind, seeing as you've only recently joined the forums and started posting workshop items tells me we'll see a lot more like this in the future :)

Helios

Seeing some of the things that you made on your workshop as well as for the Better Future Enemy Submissions have really blown my mind, seeing as you've only recently joined the forums and started posting workshop items tells me we'll see a lot more like this in the future :)
Thanks, hopefully I'll live up to your expectations.

I try my best to make the techs look good and sensible, usually at the expense of firepower. And I definitely have a thing for mobile bases! [INSERT ALL YOUR BASE MEME HERE]

Helios

Some new ships just left the dry dock.

One day we were playing multiplayer campaign together, from our rather limited inventory I pieced together this Battle Barge for him.

HCS Battle Barge MP.png

Then I tagged along with another smaller hull-less hovercraft. As we progress, more parts were obtained and my small hovercraft eventually became the Hover Gunship.

HCS Hover Gunship MP.png

I took a liking to its shape, elaborated it in the R&D lab and the Neptune was born, named in honor of said friend NepNep.

HCS Neptune.png

The standard Neptune with two SCUs is designed for single player.

Screenshot13512.png

Max speed of 136 and plenty of fuel for long distance cruise.

Screenshot13513.png

Last edited:

Helios

And two more variants.

The Neptune MP, as its name implies, is designed for multiplayer campaign.

HCS Neptune MP.png

It has less fuel capacity but much more battery, also swapped the SCUs for internal magnet and an additional sky anchor.

Screenshot13511.png

The Neptune MP S is the support variant.

HCS Neptune MP S.png

Its modified bow exchanges a bit of firepower for two more solar panels and the ability to recharge other players.

Screenshot13510.png

Helios

Just fooling around with the newly released Geo blocks. The Top Armor Block works great with hoverpads and thrusters alike!

P.S. Turns out this craft is also pretty well-balanced, even without the only gyro.

HCS NeoGeo.png

Last edited:

Helios

I always wanted something fast and agile as my the campaign flagship. The Neptune was good, but good not enough.

So I started new project, the Saturn, with the following criteria:

* Based on BF parts.
* Reasonable firepower.
* Reasonable battery and fuel capacity.
* Reasonable appearance. At least not too ugly.
* Well-balanced, regardless of whether the anti-grav engine is on.
* Sky Anchor and Solar Panels to recharge itself.
* At least one SCU.
* Max speed of 200 mph!

In total, Project Saturn yielded five variations.

The first Saturn is a relatively small attack craft, without sky anchor or SCU. Max speed is 172 mph.
HCS Saturn.png

Like the Neptune, I enlarged the original design and made the Saturn Mk2. Every criteria is met except the max speed, which is 170 mph.
HCS Saturn Mk2.png

So I pressed harder and made the Saturn Mk3. It could reach 201 mph, but only for 18 seconds, and its wide chassis looks rather ugly.
HCS Saturn Mk3.png

Eventually I decided to abandon the original catamaran concept to adopt a new quad-hull design.
This is one of the final variant, Saturn Mk4A. It can maintain its impressive speed of 201 mph for 37 seconds.
The only downside is its lack of battery, 7 is clearly not enough for something this size.
HCS Saturn Mk4A.png

So some final adjustments was made, mainly swapping a few fuel tanks for more batteries.
Speed is reduced to 199 mph for 29 seconds, but now it has 23 BF batteries, which is much more suitable for prolonged campaign usage.
HCS Saturn Mk4B.png

Last edited:

YaYYeeT

Glorious Yeetist
one of the 17 quintillon NMS planets and moons.
I always wanted something fast and agile as my the campaign flagship. The Neptune was good, but good not enough.

So I started new project, the Saturn, with the following criteria:

* Based on BF parts.
* Reasonable firepower.
* Reasonable battery and fuel capacity.
* Reasonable appearance. At least not too ugly.
* Well-balanced, regardless of whether the anti-grav engine is on.
* Sky Anchor and Solar Panels to recharge itself.
* At least one SCU.
* Max speed of 200 mph!

In total, Project Saturn yielded five variations.

The first Saturn is a relatively small attack craft, without sky anchor or SCU. Max speed is 172 mph.
View attachment 32547

Like the Neptune, I enlarged the original design and made the Saturn Mk2. Every criteria is met except the max speed, which is 170 mph.
View attachment 32548

So I pressed harder and made the Saturn Mk3. It could reach 201 mph, but only for 18 seconds, and its wide chassis looks rather ugly.
View attachment 32549

Eventually I decided to abandon the original catamaran concept to adopt a new quad-hull design.
This is one of the final variant, Saturn Mk4A. It can maintain its impressive speed of 201 mph for 37 seconds.
The only downside is its lack of battery, 7 is clearly not enough for something this size.
View attachment 32550

So some final adjustments was made, mainly swapping a few fuel tanks for more batteries.
Speed is reduced to 199 mph for 29 seconds, but now it has 23 BF batteries, which is much more suitable for prolonged campaign usage.
View attachment 32551
Consider putting the batteries on the outside because they explode less violently?