Helicopter ease of use

FreeUdon

Apr 21, 2019
Prospecting on another planet...
A great feature to add to the game would be an altitude lock for helicopters, quadcopters and anything of the sort. Altitude lock would work by having the player hit a button at a desired height then the tech would lock at that altitude. Another possible solution would be to revamp the way such flyers work in the first place, such as when the player isn't pressing any buttons the altitude gain/loss is neutral when you press your key for up it goes up (if your rotors are powerful enough) and the same with down, similar to the way hovercraft work. Payload studios, keep it up, great work!

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Sorry for being a bit late to this thread.

You can achieve this effect using Hoverbug. I won't go into too much detail on how this works as it's unintended behaviour, but it does provide a lot of utility.

Our aim is to create a legitimate form of Hoverbug (that isn't too overpowered) that would add this functionality.

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
Sorry for being a bit late to this thread.

You can achieve this effect using Hoverbug. I won't go into too much detail on how this works as it's unintended behaviour, but it does provide a lot of utility.

Our aim is to create a legitimate form of Hoverbug (that isn't too overpowered) that would add this functionality.
Will the hoverbug be removed once this is legitimized?

Reactions: Aardvark123

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Will the hoverbug be removed once this is legitimized?
I'm not sure to be honest. On the one hand it is a bug that shouldn't exist, so from a QA point of view it's not great. On the other hand, there are a lot of Techs that have been built using it and removing it entirely would break all these Techs.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Sea_Kerman

Oct 21, 2015
Quite a lot of the use cases for the hoverbug can be served by an actually functional flight computer system.

Reactions: Matt