Helicopter controls bug

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, as reported here and still a problem, of course. (I really wish the development cycles would permit the devs to implement these cool new features to more than 90% completeness... :confused:)

Oh, and this issue totally wrecks all quad copter style drones (e.g. attached) and many helicopters. Even throttled lift gets overridden by pitch and roll controls if the rotor blade is not exactly centred. e.g. this infamous workshop tech, on which I moved the rotor forwards one block (it worked OK in it's original form):

Worth digging up again, though (and again).

The work-around for drones (which suffer from this stall problem badly) is to use the "Propellers" override instead, which forces lift to stay on. But that only works with fans/props, not rotors, with force throttle. Hence why I've suggested that manual override of throttled control is very desirable:

1:
Enable/disable throttle control [Tick] - toggle-able fan thrust and/or forward driving is something that's been asked for a lot in the past, from players with tired (pinkie) fingers from flying/driving for long periods. A good potential quality of life addition.
2:
(14) Please, please give a manual override option to enable and disable throttling control, per axis.

The vast majority of my hovering aircraft don't use the HE rotors (or linear engines), and I want to have this option for them.