HE signal light

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Lol. That's a weird one... It's definitely related to block placement and no getting unlucky with the time of day and stuff, right?

I've long noticed that the lights they tinge the colour of the (repair?) bubbles e.g. red. (I guess they still do.)

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I've noticed they also don't reliably color correctly based on port/starboard, especially when loading a tech which was designed in a separate game session. I have had numerous instances of loading a save file and finding a row of lights the wrong color. In fact, when @reaperx1 did a saturday showcase on one of my techs, he noticed several of the lights were red, which should have been green. You can see this here around the 15 minute mark.

Last edited:

burger1113

Yeah lights just seem to work sometimes and not others for me lol
I never thought there might be a correlation to where I'm placing them tho. Interesting...
Maybe we could have it so every time we pull the signal lights off and put them back on, they could change color. That would be a simple way to let us customize it.
I personally think we should be able to just turn the lights on and off manually regardless of the time of day, BTW.
Me Wants Shiny All Day!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
i think they just change the color based on witch side of the tech they are on, left = red, right = green
That is indeed what they are *supposed* to do.

I've noticed they also don't reliably color correctly based on port/starboard
Definitely with the same tech on different instances of being loaded in? I mean, if you build you tech after turning the cab 180 the sides would (I think) be reversed, for example.

but the HE signal light will not function when placed on a shield bubble projector.
Could you give us a snapshot sometime (no rush, no worry).

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Definitely with the same tech on different instances of being loaded in? I mean, if you build you tech after turning the cab 180 the sides would (I think) be reversed, for example.
Check out the video I linked in the previous post, specifically at the 15:40 mark, you'll see what I'm talking about. One cluster of lights is the wrong color. If it were a cab reversing issue, they all should be the wrong color. (Also, I don't ever reverse my cabs in building since I usually start building from the cab location outward.)

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Welll, since that last little update they've been working just fine on the shield bubbles now. But I agree 100% with @burger1113 that being able to change the color would be cool. It would make possible some cool lighting affects. The base I was working on when I had the aforementioned problem was going to use them so you could tell which side of it to pass under in order to reach the collectors at night.