Hawkeye Weapons :: Stinger Missiles

LOVEXMEDIA

Nov 28, 2017
As the updates get better and BETTER I am becoming more and more interested in setting up a stable and permanent base so defending it from other prospectors is sort of an issue. I could see a use for the Hawkeye Laser Targeting here in possibly a team fashion Have a dedicated AI with the laser mounted a tad further out (could work in tandem with other AI units; especially if the Hawkeye Counter AI Module was the main use of this system) this way you could have a barrier further out so if a wandering prospector gets a little too close than your defense system will become active and send them running for cover!

The stinger missiles could also be a anchored only weapon as well. That way it doesn't make the game too one sided as more and more updates roll out. It would also be more powerful than the Hawkeye Cruise Missile and would cause upwards of 3 times the amount of splash damage as well. Over the Hawkeye Cruise Missile of course.

All in all this would be a great addition to the game as the AI prospectors become more and more intelligent and are able to roam more freely as the game refines itself.

Reactions: MrTwister

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
It's nice that you linked all the blocks to their wiki articles, but for one, the wiki is completely outdated, and two, we all know what each block is. Also, could you explain it more? All I got out of that was a massive anchored Hawkeye Missile for defending your base. Also, there's no point, since enemies stop moving 200 meters (I think) away from you.

Reactions: LOVEXMEDIA

missleMaster1793

AKA Terro
Aug 21, 2017
The stars and beond.
It's nice that you linked all the blocks to their wiki articles, but for one, the wiki is completely outdated, and two, we all know what each block is. Also, could you explain it more? All I got out of that was a massive anchored Hawkeye Missile for defending your base. Also, there's no point, since enemies stop moving 200 meters (I think) away from you.
nope. i was several hundred miles from my base and a tiny drill machine was attacking my base.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I kinda like the idea of having a big gun to stick on the outside of your base. If you don't have to worry about it moving, you'd imagine that you could use however big of a gun as you'd want.

Also yea, the wiki needs some work.

LOVEXMEDIA

Nov 28, 2017
I just like to be as through as possible you know. I agree however that the Wiki should get revamped to better fulfill its informative purpose.

But to answer your question regarding more info on my idea, basically I am assuming that the AI will get more refined with updates to better challenge us prospectors. That being said, they would pose more of a threat if the benefit of having a base becomes of greater interest. So with that in mind having a system setup that would defend our bases from enemy prospectors would be of great use to us.

I have a hole list of ideas that would all come together and make this idea more reasonable and I am hoping that others like yourselves would want to hear more! The short of it would be to have AIR RAIDS: This would be a Hawkeye exclusive event that would give you time to go back to your base as it would only activate when you are in a specific zone relative to your base. That way if you are 10K away from your base you won't be out of luck and not be able to defend your base. With this idea I would assume that the drill icon that they have in the game would be referring to a permanent base. So you would only be able to place it once or even if there was a module that you would place on your base to activate that feature.

I sort of rambled off a tad there but I hope I answered your question some what. And thank you for the response!

Reactions: Boomik