Hawkeye Weaponry tweaks

Dynamix

Do you want to have a GOOD time?
There are some HE weapons that struggle to compete with others, has tradeoffs not worth it on the Alt variants, and is better when it gets changed or tweaked

Here is my list of such weapons:

Burst Gun
-I made a thread about this, but summarizing it, the burst fire mode should be removed and increase its damage as the gun already has terrible DPS(worse than the Hunter Cab guns).

Zeus Laser Cannon
- This one is still lacking the damage output after all the changes it experienced and the projectile is a joke to laser weapons this size(like the Class-D Laser from BF).
Increasing damage and improving its laser will make it more formidable on techs wielding it.

Hunter Railgun
- Although it received more mobility, it wasted a lot of space for a 2x2 weapon. Tweaking it to feature dual barrels will make the most out of its additional size.

Plasma Jaws
- The only thing bothering me with this weapon is its structure. The 3 barrels(?) aren't centered to the base and it makes building something symmetrical not possible with this. I also noticed that the opposite sides can get attachment points as it is large enough to have one.

That is all.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Burst Gun
-I made a thread about this, but summarizing it, the burst fire mode should be removed and increase its damage as the gun already has terrible DPS(worse than the Hunter Cab guns).
I agree. The burst gun is a waste of space right now considering the Machine Gun is the same size and role, and is waaay better. Honestly, we could just remove the burst gun.

Zeus Laser Cannon
- This one is still lacking the damage output after all the changes it experienced and the projectile is a joke to laser weapons this size(like the Class-D Laser from BF).
Increasing damage and improving its laser will make it more formidable on techs wielding it.

Hunter Railgun
- Although it received more mobility, it wasted a lot of space for a 2x2 weapon. Tweaking it to feature dual barrels will make the most out of its additional size.
These two have a lot of hidden advantages that I don't think most people realize. However, because of their dps, they will always serve a support role as they are now. I wouldn't mind a damage buff, but honestly, the relevance of these weapons is more comentary on how overpowered cannons and cruise missiles are. My opinion is top end weapons should come down a bit, and the mid-ranges like these should stay where they are.

Plasma Jaws
- The only thing bothering me with this weapon is its structure. The 3 barrels(?) aren't centered to the base and it makes building something symmetrical not possible with this. I also noticed that the opposite sides can get attachment points as it is large enough to have one.
These were built so that you could have two pointed together and the beams won't overlap. The offset never really bothers me, personally. I agree that in general they don't have enough attachment points. You will always need one or two rows of these, so having more attachment points will help a great deal. They could also use a damage buff. Even with three beams, they do less damage to rocks/trees than one geocorp laser. The GC should still be more powerful I think, but not by a factor of 2.

Nooboid

Not A Noob
The zeus is a very good weapon actually, about on the scale of the megaton, because it's practically undodgeable and pinpoint accurate.

Dynamix

These two have a lot of hidden advantages that I don't think most people realize. However, because of their dps, they will always serve a support role as they are now. I wouldn't mind a damage buff, but honestly, the relevance of these weapons is more comentary on how overpowered cannons and cruise missiles are.
The only advantage I can think of from these weapons is their fast bullet speed and the Zeus' fast tracking. Their downside is that other corps. can offer more of a punch on the same dimensions and feels like a proper armament on attacking baddiez. These ones seem to not be in that case.

These were built so that you could have two pointed together and the beams won't overlap. The offset never really bothers me, personally. I agree that in general they don't have enough attachment points. You will always need one or two rows of these, so having more attachment points will help a great deal. They could also use a damage buff. Even with three beams, they do less damage to rocks/trees than one geocorp laser. The GC should still be more powerful I think, but not by a factor of 2.
I don't prefer using them sideways (where the beams can interact) as it increases their chances to miss smaller techs. I think the barrels should be swept inwards (when placed horizontally) so it points downwards when placed vertically.*)

*This is not yet possible as it has no mirrored version, but I have an idea which will be explained in a seperate thread.

Edit:Here is the thread I was talking about.
https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...irrored-and-related-blocks.19687/#post-138497

Last edited:

Dynamix

The zeus is a very good weapon actually, about on the scale of the megaton, because it's practically undodgeable and pinpoint accurate.
You can hit them, yes, but it will struggle on armored techs where the cab is buried.
It can attain pinpoint accuracy if it recieves the laser beam treatment.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The burst gun is a waste of space right now considering the Machine Gun is the same size and role, and is waaay better.
Indeed. In fact, they weigh exactly the same and have the same health. The only tiny niche for them is on the sides of bike wheels, where their smaller size means they're slightly less likely to scrape on terrain. But not worth it even then - I'd currently never use these in any practical build (player or enemy tech).

Hmm, I'm say these characteristics are only really relevant in MP deathmatch.

I tried to make a HE weapons platform to make best use of the Zeus and the Hunters. For both, they are entirely useless if the target has any amount of shields. And after dropping shields, they're still fairly slow to core out any buried (or multiple) cabs. And if you're moving at all, the accuracy is for naught too, of course. I can't even see any justification for mixing these in with other weapons - it's always better to have something else in the (large amount of) space they take up. Even on enemy builds it makes them too underpowered for their value.

Zeus: HE hunter Spam 1k.png Hunter: HE hunter Spam 1i.png Auto-canon: HE hunter Spam 1l.png
(Workshop link: hunters, auto-canons.)

As I've said before, I'd like the Zeus to fire 3 or 4 round rapid bursts, to make them more exciting and increase their DPS. And rail gun projectiles need to penetrate in some way, cause secondary splash damage, or something.

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Zeus is the primary weapon for the olympus class destroyer tech that i made and it brutalizes things

Captain Load

Indeed. In fact, they weigh exactly the same and have the same health. The only tiny niche for them is on the sides of bike wheels, where their smaller size means they're slightly less likely to scrape on terrain. But not worth it even then - I'd currently never use these in any practical build (player or enemy tech).

Hmm, I'm say these characteristics are only really relevant in MP deathmatch.

I tried to make a HE weapons platform to make best use of the Zeus and the Hunters. For both, they are entirely useless if the target has any amount of shields. And after dropping shields, they're still fairly slow to core out any buried (or multiple) cabs. And if you're moving at all, the accuracy is for naught too, of course. I can't even see any justification for mixing these in with other weapons - it's always better to have something else in the (large amount of) space they take up. Even on enemy builds it makes them too underpowered for their value.

Zeus: View attachment 28315 Hunter: View attachment 28316 Auto-canon: View attachment 28317
(Workshop link: hunters, auto-canons.)

As I've said before, I'd like the Zeus to fire 3 or 4 round rapid bursts, to make them more exciting and increase their DPS. And rail gun projectiles need to penetrate in some way, cause secondary splash damage, or something.
I'd support a slight increase to railgun reload time in exchange for "directed splash damage" (i.e. penetration). The Zeus is neat idea - I mean, lasers really should have longer range than most direct-fire weapons, but it needs to either be shrunk a bit or something. So many of the HE weapons are just inexplicably huge for what they deliver. For example, I'd never even consider using the Cannon Turret when I can fit four Megatons in the same space. They also aim faster and they have far better ballistic aiming capability. I'd suggest something like this to fill the gap between the Repeater and the HG1:

Hawkeye Assault Turret: A smaller version of HE Cannon Turret, this weapon has a little more vertical travel when aiming than its bigger brother. It is scaled down about 50% in every other way, taking up only 2x1x2 (2 wide, 1 tall, 2 deep) and being slightly less elongated. Firepower-wise its a little more potent than the GSO 3-Lb Cannon and considerably tougher although it doesn't reload quite as fast. NOTE: I picture a design reminiscent of those on certain medium tanks from the WW2 era.

As for the much-lamented Burst Gun, I think it should become a direct-fire weapon with higher muzzle velocity and slightly increased damage. HE doesn't really have a small weapon like that currently, unless you count the useless shotguns.