Hawkeye Black Labs - Released Blocks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Advanced Notice:

The recent unstable release has added three Hawkeye "Spike Armour Extension" body blocks, one in each size, to the vanilla game. These are virtually identical to my Inside Fortress Corners (IDs 117019, 117020, and 117021). As a result, to avoid confusion and menu spam, I will be discontinuing support for these blocks. If you have techs using my Medium Inside Fortress Corner, Large Inside Fortress Corner, or XL Inside Fortress Corner, please replaced these blocks with their official versions. If you update your Black Labs files, you may find techs which use these blocks to no longer be accessible, so please update your techs!

To offer clarification, it is Payload's official policy not to "graduate" modders' blocks to vanilla, so don't expect this to happen again. In this case, Payload made their spike armour extension blocks quite a while ago and have only recently decided to add them to the game.

When the current unstable content moves to the stable branch, I will remove my inside fortress corners from circulation.

1604016292028.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
This was a courtesy notice that some of my blocks will be removed in the near future. It is not a discussion.

In case this wasn't clear when you DM'ed me, giving me unsolicited advice about how I manage my content is immensely unwelcome. It will get you blocked if you continue. That goes for anyone who feels compelled to whine about how I do uploads, folders, IDs, or similar.

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
First of all, this is my very first post (I believe) around here.

Saelem Black, I would like to thank you for all your work and dedication to modding. Ever since I saw you work I tried to get your blocks (since I'm not particularly gifted with these matters it was quiet difficult for me).

I pretty much felt in love with them because they correspond to Hawkeye aesthetic and they are relatively balanced in my opinion. I have a question though: do you plan to eventually mod a "tracking turret" so to say. Just a turret without any weapon attached to it on wich we could attach 1, maybe 2, of the guns you designed? It's just an idea that I wanted to share with you. If you consider it unwelcomed please disregard it.

Once again I would like to thank you for your work.

Best regards

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
First of all, this is my very first post (I believe) around here.

Saelem Black, I would like to thank you for all your work and dedication to modding. Ever since I saw you work I tried to get your blocks (since I'm not particularly gifted with these matters it was quiet difficult for me).

I pretty much felt in love with them because they correspond to Hawkeye aesthetic and they are relatively balanced in my opinion. I have a question though: do you plan to eventually mod a "tracking turret" so to say. Just a turret without any weapon attached to it on wich we could attach 1, maybe 2, of the guns you designed? It's just an idea that I wanted to share with you. If you consider it unwelcomed please disregard it.

Once again I would like to thank you for your work.

Best regards
Thank you! I'm not sure I understand the suggestion though. How would this be different than using a rotating anchor with an AI? Also, please use this thread for Black Labs suggestions since I have this one cleaned up periodically and your comment may get deleted.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs Update:

With my growing skill and input from other modders, I have revisited some older blocks to add features and optimize.

First up, the Ivaldi Disruptor - it was originally designed to fulfill the role of omnidirectional defense, but the Forseti fills that role much better. To that end, I reworked the Ivaldi as a shield buster. Its damage has been buffed slightly, but its damage type has been changed such that, point-for-point, it now does 8x the damage to shields it did before. The projectile has also been improved - I removed superfluous particle effects to help improve performance. Furthermore, the projectile now does damage in a wide strip as the beam visually indicates (where before I was using something much more approximate).

Secondly, once again thanks to Particle King @Sozin , I've taken the opportunity to add jet/plasma flames to my larger engines. The Jotnar plasma engines and the Cascade Turboprop now have particle trails.

Lastly, a visual bug has been fixed on the Cascade engines.

With release of Stable 1.4.5 today, the body blocks mentioned above are no longer being supported. They have been removed from the body blocks .zip folder. Of course, if you already have them, you need not remove them, but I encourage you to migrate to the official versions.

The blocks are updated in posts #1 and #2, notably body blocks, flight blocks, and energy weapons.

1604120496706.png
HE_Ivaldi_Disruptor.png
Change Log:

Hawkeye Medium Inside Corner Fortress Armor: Removed
Hawkeye Large Inside Corner Fortress Armor: Removed
Hawkeye XL Inside Corner Fortress Armor: Removed
Hawkeye Cascade AM1500 Prop: Bug Fix
Hawkeye Cascade AM2500 Turboprop: Bux Fix and flame trail added
Hawkeye Ivaldi 1.4 TW Disruptor: Optimization and projectile fix
Hawkeye Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engine: plasma trail added
Hawkeye Jotnar FR3 Frigate Engine: plasma trail added

Last edited:

KusanagiRyu01

Aug 24, 2017
Hawkeye Forseti Plasma Locus

View attachment 35129

I keep thinking I've made my most difficult block before attempting something new. Then find out I haven't scratched the surface. This weapon is deceptively simple for how complicated it was to code. Many nights of hair-pulling when into this, mostly in dealing with the particles effects. So once again, I've broken my personal record (and pain threshold) for the most complicated block I've made.

The Forseti Plasma Locus is an omni-directional weapon. The sphere floats upward to give it clearance, and the beam can swing in any direction very quickly. It does the same damage as a GC plasma cutter, but at significant range and with very good tracking (being proportionately expensive as a result). I envision this weapon to be more defensive, providing solid rear-defense regardless of placement and even has decent application as an anti-air weapon. Finally, unlike many Black Labs weapons, it requires no energy.

Once again, a huge thank you and shoutout to particle effect Grandmaster @Sozin ,who rescued me from death-by-particle-effects on no less than 3 occasions over the course of developing this. Check out his blocks if you haven't already.

View attachment 35130

Important note: The weapon blocks .zip has gone over the upload size threshold for the forums. As a result, I have have split off energy weapons from the others and added them to post #2 in a new .zip file. The Forseti is the only new block, but all energy weapons have been moved to the new location.
Yo Saelem, can I have the snapshot of the tech in this post? Please?

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs Center Tank Tusk

Not much to say, just that it exists now. 1-wide so you can make good use on even or odd techs.

Tank tusks and other melee weapons will be included in the projectile weapons .zip in post 1. After all, your tech is the projectile.
HE_Center_Tank_Tusk.png
1604171108292.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs Modular Shields

I'm pleased to released a project that I've been working on for some time. Some may remember the hardlight shields I worked on a few months ago. While very pretty, they were plagued with functional issues and were never officially released. However, recently, good work by @Rafs and @Legionite has paved the groundwork for reviving the shields.

The shields are modular, forming specific shapes which can be coordinated in groups to encapsulate your tech. When built correctly, they will seamlessly blend together to make a single shield which is relatively close to the hull of your tech. Their power draw is moderate, but due to the number of them needed for full coverage, they will drain a bit more than average. However, most importantly, these shields block explosions, a powerful incentive to the clever builder.

The sheer number of design choices in these is staggering, so I'm very open to feedback on the shapes, sizes, and visuals of these. However, you should be able to use these to encapsulate virtually any tech if you build carefully.

imageedit_30_2305945799.png

1604532103677.png

[Rework of Runehammer in progress]
1604534345029.png

1604534393405.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs update: Heavy Airship Gyro

The Heavy Airship Gyro is a powerful gyro intended to prevent gyro-spam on medium/large hawkeye builds. It is difficult to directly compare the power of gyros side by side (because they're rotational, not linear), but it is meaningfully more powerful than the GC gyro without being ridiculous. It also has the flexibility of the BF pitch trim gyro to give the player powerful control over your tech's pitch angle. It is designed specifically to balance and control heavy techs.

Balance adjustments have also been applied to some weapons and flight blocks.

Please Update your Black Labs Projectile Weapon, Flight Block, and Accessory Block folders.

HE_Airship_Gyro.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs update: Hawkeye Compact Block Collector

I was playing campaign and frustrated with the general clunkiness of the SCU/Magnet system. After messing with @Rafs block collector bed, I decided to make my own. Here it is, the Hawkeye Compact Block Collector. It holds 10 blocks and grabs at moderate distance. More importantly, it is relatively small, allowing you to place several in a small area if you have the mind.

Packaged as part of the Accessory Blocks file in post 1.

HE_Block_Collector.png

During my campaign play, I also noticed some of my railguns having collision issues due to projectile speed. I had thought I nailed that down completely, but apparently not. I have updated every railgun to have better collision detection of the guns. If you notice issues where the gun appears not to be dealing damage (especially to very small techs), update your projectile weapons .zip to the most recent version.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
I'm back from hiatus with another block. I've been planning this one for a while, and those following the progress on discord know it took me almost a week to draw it.

I present the Black Labs Jotnar FR200 Battleship Engine. Find it in the flight blocks .zip folder in post #1.

1609374515923.png

This monstrosity is more than twice the size the the cruiser engine in every direction, with proportional thrust, mass, price, and HP. The Battleship Engine is powerful enough to propel even your largest, heaviest techs at breakneck speeds. Also makes good podracer engines.

Black Falcon.png

fd46

Mar 17, 2020
I downloaded the pngs and the block mods and started terratech they wont load in what should I do to get them
actually i have TTMM and this mod and when i installed it it didnt detect it too but i just verified the game on steam and ensured the mod stuff is in the custom blocks folder ooooor ensure that the selected directory folder for TTMM is your terratech folder