Hawkeye Black Labs - Released Blocks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Black labs Cirrus angled wings:

Pretty straight-forward. These wings were based of the SR71 and F22 tail wings in shape, and serve well as either rudders or wings. They have an interesting AP layout, so you should be able to make some interesting wing shapes.

1594170213222.png

There are also some new body blocks in this update. Hawkeye three block and eight block. HE_Three_Block.png

Saelem Black

Update:

I've been away for a few weeks, but I'm back to give a quick bug fix update:

1. The Ymir Wheel's tire track is no longer misaligned
2. Some consistency issues in the rarity and grade of body blocks has been fixed
3. Icons for manufacturing blocks have been improved.

With the released of the buff blocks mod and the lovely trailer attachment by Fireflywater and Rafs, the big daddy trailer wheel is obsolete, so I have discontinued support for it. Please check out the trailer attachment instead.

Saelem Black

After a bit of a break, I'm back with a fun new toy. This is the Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engine. This monster is an enormously powerful ion drive, meant for your starships, rocket cars, pod racers, and the like. Like the BF ion drives, it has no reverse thrust, but extreme forward thrust. In terms of power density (thrust per cell volume) this FR22 is a hair more powerful than the BF ion drives. In situations where you would simply spam ion drives in vanilla, you can now instead use this. However, it retains Hawkeye's characteristic HP and mass. You can find it packaged with the Flight blocks in post 1. Stay tuned for more Jotnar series engines.
HE_Jotnar_Cruiser_Engine.png 1596166304066.png

Last edited:

Cloud

After a bit of a break, I'm back with a fun new toy. This is the Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engine. This monster is an enormously powerful ion drive, meant for your starships, rocket cars, pod racers, and the like. Like the BF ion drives, it has no reverse thrust, but extreme forward thrust. In terms of power density (thrust per cell volume) this FR22 is a hair more powerful than the BF ion drives. In situations where you would simply spam ion drives in vanilla, you can now instead use this. However, it retains Hawkeye's characteristic weight and mass. You can find it packaged with the Flight blocks in post 1. Stay tuned for more Jotnar series engines.
View attachment 33505 View attachment 33504
You have the birb seal of approval.

Ghosty-Jr

Several blocks are no longer appearing in the creative menu or showing up to craft after todays update. I found the Battleship RG,Laser dish, Fortress outside edge blocks, Isotope energy modules, Inline turbine and its end attachment. Can confirm they do still however remain in the game(Minus the Isotope generator which turned into an old GSO AI module) as I can load in a survival world with these blocks attached to my techs still. Will edit the post the more I find.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

I have reworked the antimatter engines somewhat for this update.

The Huginn antimatter engine has been entirely reworked with a smaller model with more APs. I've updated the description and title to better reflect how it works. I have also doubled its power density. Previously it was about equal to the LME. Now it's about twice the power of the LME (since the LME needs a buff anyway).

I have also added the much larger Muninn Heavy Antimatter Engine. It's a 2x2x2 antimatter engine with more than 4x the power of the Huginn. For those interested in technical details, its altitude scaling is the same as the Huginn, so they will work in sync if used on the same tech.

Please give these a try! These blocks simply and effectively allow your airship techs to hover in place, no hoverbug needed and no constant feathering of the throttle (like in vanilla). Use the throttle to adjust your elevation.

Make sure the arrows point upward when you place these on your tech, or the height control won't work.

I have also fixed a small UV mapping bug in the Jotnar Cruiser Engine, so please make sure your flight blocks are fully updated.
HE_Huginn_Generator.png HE_Muninn_Generator.png
1596261995420.png

Last edited:

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
You weapons use battery power to work. if placed on tech with no batteries or with empty batteries weapons do not work.
And two suggestions about production blocks, first can you make miners so we can put 4 miners on one spot, like we can with GSO autominers? And can you tone down red on your production blocks, so it matches red on cab more?

Fenrir missiles are only 100 dmg/s?

Last edited:

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
for the nice HUGE airplane tech, we are now missing only vertical tail blocks :)
EDIT: HE planes in this size are very slow, I do not recommend that build as HE blocks are very heavy. who want to play with this size better to use Venture, now when we can apply skins and make them more eye-pleasing :).

Attachments

Last edited:

Saelem Black

You weapons use battery power to work. if placed on tech with no batteries or with empty batteries weapons do not work.
Yes - this is by design, and is mentioned numerous times through this thread including the first post.

Railguns - all Black Labs railguns have the following
  • Energy Consumption per shot - 1 energy per damage point for rotating guns and 0.5 energy per damage point for fixed guns. Make sure you tech has the energy infrastructure to support these!
And two suggestions about production blocks, first can you make miners so we can put 4 miners on one spot, like we can with GSO autominers? And can you tone down red on your production blocks, so it matches red on cab more?
The mining layout of the Tortoise was intentional. It's benefit is not so much in its mining capacity so much as its resilience. It is also much easier to place than the GSO autominer. As for the red shielding - I can't darken it sadly. I'd like to, but that's as dark as I can make it using that transparency technique. If I or another modder figures out a better way to do it, I'll change it.

Fenrir missiles are only 100 dmg/s?
The Fenrir VLS missiles do 600 damage per shot with a 2 second reload, giving them 300 dps. They also have considerable splash damage. Dps-wise, they are in between the cruise missile and the seeker missile. This information is in the post concerning the Fenrir.

For my sanity, please make sure you've scanned the thread for the information you seek before posting.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
Yes - this is by design, and is mentioned numerous times through this thread including the first post.

The Fenrir VLS missiles do 600 damage per shot with a 2 second reload, giving them 300 dps. They also have considerable splash damage. Dps-wise, they are in between the cruise missile and the seeker missile. This information is in the post concerning the Fenrir.

For my sanity, please make sure you've scanned the thread for the information you seek before posting.
I read all, but I am old and I forgot fast...
And for rocket dmg, comment was on what was measured in R&D. Also, no dmg is recorded for your other weapons.
Red as it is is very good, You did great job making all these.

Saelem Black

Jotnar FR3 Frigate Engine

This smaller, 1x1x4 plasma engine provides powerful thrust, but is heavy and expensive. It is has a hair more thrust than the BF medium ion engine (with the same overall volume). Grab it in the flight blocks .zip folder.

Also another bug fix on some accessories. Make sure you're using the most up-to-date versions.
HE_Frigate_Engine.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Update: I made a mistake with the IDs of the Cruiser Engine, the Muninn Heavy Antimatter Engine, and the Frigate Engine. This caused these blocks to override other existing Black Labs blocks. This problem is now fixed, but if you've saved a snapshot with a tech containing one of these blocks, it will require fixing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Saelem Black

Several blocks are no longer appearing in the creative menu or showing up to craft after todays update. I found the Battleship RG,Laser dish, Fortress outside edge blocks, Isotope energy modules, Inline turbine and its end attachment. Can confirm they do still however remain in the game(Minus the Isotope generator which turned into an old GSO AI module) as I can load in a survival world with these blocks attached to my techs still. Will edit the post the more I find.
There is a bug having to do with 1.4.0.1 and the block injector. It is being worked on by their respective owners, but it's not something I have control over. The issue is that random modded blocks seem not to appear in the menu, and its different for everyone. Switch back to 1.4 Stable to fix the issue for now.

Also, the isotope energy modules are not mine. (There likely won't be a mobile Black Labs power generator).

Saelem Black

New Black Labs block today. This is the Foreblaze Plasma Mortar. Built out of a desire for a proper endgame mortar, the Foreblaze's excels in explosion damage. Its explosion radius is massive and has aggressive homing. It is good at hitting it's target, and small enough that you can stack several in a relatively small area. Personal recommendation - use on the underside of airships to make plasma bomber.

Special thanks to @Sozin for the Particle Systems document and the code for the lovely plasma cannons which helped make this.

HE_Plasma_Mortar.png

1596743749092.png

1596743931575.png