Hawkeye Black Labs - Released Blocks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Jotnar FR3 Frigate Engine

This smaller, 1x1x4 plasma engine provides powerful thrust, but is heavy and expensive. It is has a hair more thrust than the BF medium ion engine (with the same overall volume). Grab it in the flight blocks .zip folder.

Also another bug fix on some accessories. Make sure you're using the most up-to-date versions.
HE_Frigate_Engine.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Update: I made a mistake with the IDs of the Cruiser Engine, the Muninn Heavy Antimatter Engine, and the Frigate Engine. This caused these blocks to override other existing Black Labs blocks. This problem is now fixed, but if you've saved a snapshot with a tech containing one of these blocks, it will require fixing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
New Black Labs block today. This is the Foreblaze Plasma Mortar. Built out of a desire for a proper endgame mortar, the Foreblaze's excels in explosion damage. Its explosion radius is massive and has aggressive homing. It is good at hitting it's target, and small enough that you can stack several in a relatively small area. Personal recommendation - use on the underside of airships to make plasma bomber.

Special thanks to @Sozin for the Particle Systems document and the code for the lovely plasma cannons which helped make this.

HE_Plasma_Mortar.png

1596743749092.png

1596743931575.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Major Update:

Today I am pleased to release the most sophisticated and challenging block I've made so far. It took me more than 30 hours to draw this, and another 15 to code it, so please enjoy my hard work.

I present the Ragnarok Railcannon Battery. This colossus is a 24x18x4 cell turret able to swing in a 180 degree arc. All its barrels fire simultaneously, and together they are the highest damaging weapon in Black Lab's arsenal. For its astounding damage, it is very energy hungry. Each pull of the trigger consumes the energy of 8 GSO batteries.

This block features a lot of small details that took a lot of work to implement. You might notice the hydraulic pistons which elevate each barrel. Special thanks to @Legionite for first figuring out the code (which you can see at work in the really cool TAC legs) as well has helping me implement it myself.
HE_Ragnarok_Railcannon_Battery.png
1597615295465.png

I have also made considerable and wide-sweeping improvements to all Black Labs railguns. These range from bug fixes, price and recipe adjustments, to adding extended targeting range to every railgun.

A few adjustments have also been made to flight blocks, so please make sure to update both your Black Labs Weapon and Flight block folders.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Two wheel blocks to expand Hawkeye's options.

The first is the Big Daddy Dually Wheel - this wheel shares the performance of the Big Daddy, but with APs on both sides for building columns or for use inside techs. Without the armored hubcap, it does lose a bit of HP though, so make sure to protect vulnerable wheels.

The second is the Chopper Wheel - a front mounted bike wheel. It's heavier than the Big Daddy and has a more limited turning radius, but it's top speed is moderately improved.

HE_Big_Daddy_Dually.pngHE_Chopper_Wheel.png

1597795525686.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
New Black Labs Block: Blutgang ETC Howitzer

This is a 1x1x14 true fixed barrel cannon and behaves more-or-less as a straight upgrade from the HE battleship cannon, but with absolutely no gimbal. You'll need to build that ability yourself with swivels (from WhitePaw's control blocks mod) or through very careful engineering. I designed this block for use with custom-turreted tanks or artillery platforms.

ETC is a real-world electric gun technology which hybridizes conventional chemical propellants and high-energy plasma to create extremely powerful launches. Though it lacks the shield piercing ability and blistering speed of Black Lab's railguns, the Blutgang carries a highly explosive payload with slight homing abilities and still manages a much faster speed than virtually anything in the vanilla game.

Finally, to illustrate the gun I've attached a snapshot of a tech which makes good use of it. Beyond regular car controls, you can tap 1 and 2 to increase or decrease the turret aim elevation.

HE_Blutgang_Howitzer.png
Blutgang.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
New Black Labs Blocks: Right and Left Tank Tusks

The tank tusk is a melee weapon for hawkeye which doubles as heavy duty front-facing armor. Damage is based on how fast you're going. Nothing fancy, just heavy duty military hardware.

Visually I based these on the M1A1 Abrams tank's minesweeping plow. Their shape makes them excellent at clearing rocks and trees and their sheer armor makes it very difficult to blow them off by accident. The spikes will inflict impact damage, but will not catch on the ground, minimizing interference when going up and down hills.

Look out for a center piece in the near future.

HE_Right_Tank_Tusk.pngHE_Left_Tank_Tusk.png

1598594363276.png

Attachments

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Big block update tonight. I'm releasing a Black Lab's light and accessory pack. This pack includes:

• Large Armored Window - like the already existing medium but larger
  • Small Armored Window - like the already existing medium but smaller
  • Jewel Light - a small red ambient light, great for visual highlights
  • Headlight - a powerful front light for seeing at night
  • Cage Light - good as tail lights or accent lights for your tech.
  • Cascade Engine Nose Fairing- I've been meaning to give the Cascade Engines a proper front end for a while, and these serve as both a visual cap as well as a altimeter/speedometer combo.

imageedit_283_9518242795.png
And a fun modded bomber snapshot using Black Labs upgrades:

Spectre X.png

[Edit]: Hotfix for a collider issue on the headlight.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Some exciting news today. I asked @Rafs if he would be willing to make the official Black Labs skin for me and he graciously accepted! The skin is now complete and published on the workshop for everyone. You can find it here:

And if you haven't by now, please check out Rafs other skins on the workshop as well as his custom blocks thread. Thanks again!

For this update, some of the weapon block required a bit of texture updates to make them compatible with the new skin, so please re-download the weapons folder if any of your blocks have parts which aren't properly changing color.

1599100200445.png

1599100235300.png

War Bike X2.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
You may have seen the large bomber in some of the above posts. Frustrated at the lackluster dps of the paladin, I decided to move my planned plasma bomb up. I present the Valflame Plasma Clusterbomb. This uses a similar design to the Foreblaze Plasma Mortar, but is meant as an air-to-surface bomb. Use it on the underside of aircraft. This is also my first animated weapon, so please enjoy!

HE_Plasma_Bomb.png

1599197116152.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs Nidhogg Railcannon:

The origin of this block was that I wanted a truly fixed tank gun-style railgun in my lineup, like the Blutgang. Performance-wise, the Nidhogg takes its cues from the Ragnarok Railcannon Battery, basically being one barrel from the Ragnarok. However, the Nidhogg is not near as thirsty from an energy standpoint.

Remember, with not ability to aim on its own, its up to you to provide aiming. Use control blocks (swivels/pistons) or clever engineering. Without something to help, it will be *very* difficult to hit your target, so design wisely.

1600281472204.png

HE_Nidhogg_Railcannon.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black Labs Gleipnir Nuclear Reactor and fuel cells

I am excited to show this next set of blocks. Given that Black Labs uses energy hungry weapons, I felt it necessary to make a robust, end-game energy generating system. I didn't want it to just be the same as what's already in-game, but the coding limitations make some things a bit challenging. I had to scrap several ideas and spend lots of hours debugging to get this thing working in a manner I'm pleased with. After a lot of toil, I got there.

Fuel Cells: They're batteries. The small one has the same energy as the regular HE battery (3500), and the large one has the same energy per cell as the BF and Megareactor batteries (1875 per cell for a total of 16875). They are ghastly heavy, though, being even more dense than typical HE power blocks.

Reactor: The reactor makes every fuel cell generate power constantly, anchored or not. The power generation is moderate, but *every* fuel cell will begin generating regardless of how many are placed on the tech. However, the consequence of this very powerful behavior is a very serious drawback. If the reactor explodes, there will be no surviving it. On all but the very largest of mega builds, the entire tech will be obliterated and virtually every block will be destroyed and unsalvageable. The reactor's HP isn't low, but it's not armored like many HE blocks. It is also the heaviest block I've ever made, and possibly the most expensive. Protect it well.

Important Notes:
1.) The reactor does nothing on its own. You must pair it with fuel cells to gain any benefit.
2.) The reactor requires BuffBlocks to work. Make sure you have it downloaded and enabled.
3.) Reactor effects do not stack. Only the first reactor does anything.

Because of the way the code for the reactor works, a very astute observer may notice some odd things happening with other power blocks in certain conditions. It's harmless, and will not negatively impact your tech's performance, but I cannot remove these bugs at the moment.

Please enjoy! Let me know if anything isn't clear on how these work.

HE_Nuclear_Reactor.png

HE_Small_Nuclear_Battery.pngHE_Large_Nuclear_Battery.png

Last edited:

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
First I will say, I love how you actually try to make the reactor balanced, and it looks awesome!

Well, anyways after seeing what kind of damage it does when it gets destroyed, I decided I would try to weaponize it! Based on an old concept I came up with after I never really found much of a use for the Better Future Gravity Magnifier, I created a "G-Bomb". Still under R&D, a successful one-stage prototype bomb has been created: The Tower.jpg

The design is rather simple. The reactor is loaded with gravity magnifiers. When it is dropped from the tower, the extreme gravity pulls it hard into the ground, causing the core to detonate. This has proven to be extremely destructive when well positioned, rivaling the power of any super weapon. Since the bomb is a tech, shields are entirely useless against it.

6.jpg

Efforts to adapt the bomb to be carried by a vehicle are under way, as well as development of larger multi-stage bombs. This is the result of an early prototype two-stage bomb dropped from a hover platform:

ss.jpg
What we're seeing here is that the batteries inside of the building are vaporized immediately before being blown away by the second stage of the blast :D More research is needed before it can be deployed...

Last edited: