Hawkeye Black Labs - Released Blocks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Two more wings today. These are smaller version of the Black Labs Strato Wing and the vanilla HE spread wing. These wings are 2x2x1 and designed to make the Knife Wings more compatible with the vanilla wings, per the tech below.

HE_Spread_Wing_Small.png

1591498493619.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
New block today; the Mjolnir Railgun. This block is a more or less a Black Labs variant of the Hunter Railgun. It has Black Labs Railgun projectile behavior in a much smaller and cheaper package than the Gungnir. It does similar damage to the vanilla railguns but because of its unique projectile behavior, it will feel quite powerful, especially if you equip several on your tech. Like my other railguns, the consiquence of this better projectile behavior is a longer barrel, and thus a larger swept volume.

There have been some additional tweaks to other Black Labs weapons as well.

HE_Mjolnir_Railgun.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Update for Railguns:
1. Projectiles on all railguns now have much more vibrant VFX.
2. Explosions on all railguns are now blue with extra sparks.
3. Projectiles on all railguns have been reworked for dramatically improved projectile velocity, making them much more effective snipers.
4. The Mjolnir Railgun has had it's footprint reduced to 2x3x1 (down from 4x4x1), making it easier to place.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
New gun tonight, the Muspell 16 MJ rapid railgun.

This block is designed as a straight upgrade to the vanilla railgun, being slightly larger and carrying Black Lab's characteristic railgun projectile behavior. This fixed gun is 1x1x4, and though it has lower damage per shot than Black Lab's other railguns, it has a much faster rate of fire. This, coupled with it's relatively small and versatile footprint means that groups of these blocks can dish out serious damage.

Alongside the Muspell, the Mjolnir has received a visual update.

HE_Muspell_Railgun.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
I'm pleased to present my next block, the mighty Jormungand Railcannon.

It is Black Lab's answer to the naval class cannons - powerful, but with a slow firing rate. Be careful, though. Unlike regular cannons, the Jormungand's projectile doesn't arc, so it cannot hit anything doesn't have direct line-of-sight to it's barrel. Though this railgun technically does the same damage and dps as the HE battleship cannon, you'll find it feels considerably more destructive thanks to it's Black Labs railgun performance.

The other railguns have received minor polishing with this update, too.
HE_Jormungand_Railcannon.png

1592966688176.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Switching gears a bit - this is the first power block I'm releasing, and I'm quite pleased with it. This is the Hawkeye KNR Anchored Windmill. Special thanks to @WhitePaw2002 for a brand new coding module to allow this to work seamlessly. This windmill will generate power reliably when anchored, no matter the time of day or night. It's raw power output is good, but it is large, heavy, and has a long spin-up time before it generates meaningful power. Thankfully this is no nuclear reactor, so it is cheap and available relatively early.

The KNR features its own anchor, but it will work when attached to any anchored structure. The APs on the top also enable the construction of wind towers, able to power your largest techs. Is long as it's spinning, it's producing power.

I've run out of space to upload new packs in the first post, so I'm placing this here for now. When I start to get several power blocks, I'll reclaim the 2nd post and move them there.

1593238320632.png

1593238525039.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
I am pleased to present Black Lab's take on manufacturing!

This pack of 11 blocks is everything you need for mobile refining and selling operations. These conveyors are designed to work internally in a tech, surrounded on all sides by other blocks and operate for long periods with minimal jams and glichiness (as much as is possible, anyway).

This set includes:

6 low-profile conveyor duct sections in Hawkeye style, including a basic duct, elbows in different directions, and X and T junctions.
1 adapter section so you can convert your factory techs back and forth with vanilla.
1 filter section which works like the vanilla version, but with these ducts

This set also includes an HE mobile refinery, an HE mobile delivery cannon, and a small resource receiver all meant to work directly with the low-profile ducts.

Huge credit to @Rafs . These blocks are largely based on his GT tube conveyors and he mastered much of the required methodology to make these work. As such, these are fully compatible with GT tube conveyors as well. Please check out his blocks if you haven't already.

One final note - though these are designed to minimize glitches as much as possible... the conveyor physics even in vanilla is a bit unstable, so you may need to occasionally de-clog your conveyor duct system. The turbo speed on the pacemaker can make some of these issues worse (really no worse than the vanilla conveyors), so use carefully.

HE_Conveyor_Duct.png
HE_Mobile_Delivery_Cannon.png

1593838270446.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Updates:

• Power Blocks and Manufacturing blocks have now been moved to post 2. Blocks from these categories will be posted there from now on.
  • The Gungnir has received improved spinner models to bring it in-line with the other railguns
  • Most importantly: most Black Labs weapons now require energy to use. This was always their design intention, but when the first guns were released, the code to do this wasn't yet available. I'm aware this makes them more difficult to use - but they were OP in their original state to the point that it made many vanilla end-game guns obsolete (which is strictly against my design philosophy). The energy draw also adds a layer of tech design and tactical thinking that is in-line with what I want for Black Labs.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Hawkeye Wireless Charger

This charger is specialized for rapid transfer given Black Lab's energy hungry weapons. It sports a full 4x the energy transfer of the Venture Remote Charger while only being 3x the size. However it is much heavier and has no better range.

HE_Wireless_Charger.png

1593911939473.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Excited to present the next Black Labs block - this has been on my list for a while.

Hawkeye Tortoise Armored Autominer:
This autominer was built because I grew frustrated with the fact that GSO autominers will unanchor if you sneeze at them. Always as I'm coming in for a pickup, some tiny venture tech unanchors it and scatters the resources. So this is made to counter that.

This autominer will never unanchor, it will be destroyed first. Secondly, destroying it takes some effort. It has an immense heath pool and is has the armor damage type. Of course, it's tough defenses come at the expense of pretty serious mass.

Lastly, though it doesn't mine any faster than the GSO version, this autominer will store chunks internally when it's beyond the horizon. The GSO autominer does this as well, but the Tortoise will rapidly spit out its collected resources upon your approach.

On another note, I'm slowly working through the conveyors to given them better icons. A couple have been updated for this release.

You can find the autominer in the Manufacturing blocks .zip file in post #2.

HE_Tortoise_Autominer.png
1594011562200.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Black labs Cirrus angled wings:

Pretty straight-forward. These wings were based of the SR71 and F22 tail wings in shape, and serve well as either rudders or wings. They have an interesting AP layout, so you should be able to make some interesting wing shapes.

1594170213222.png

There are also some new body blocks in this update. Hawkeye three block and eight block.HE_Three_Block.png

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
Update:

I've been away for a few weeks, but I'm back to give a quick bug fix update:

1. The Ymir Wheel's tire track is no longer misaligned
2. Some consistency issues in the rarity and grade of body blocks has been fixed
3. Icons for manufacturing blocks have been improved.

With the released of the buff blocks mod and the lovely trailer attachment by Fireflywater and Rafs, the big daddy trailer wheel is obsolete, so I have discontinued support for it. Please check out the trailer attachment instead.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
After a bit of a break, I'm back with a fun new toy. This is the Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engine. This monster is an enormously powerful ion drive, meant for your starships, rocket cars, pod racers, and the like. Like the BF ion drives, it has no reverse thrust, but extreme forward thrust. In terms of power density (thrust per cell volume) this FR22 is a hair more powerful than the BF ion drives. In situations where you would simply spam ion drives in vanilla, you can now instead use this. However, it retains Hawkeye's characteristic HP and mass. You can find it packaged with the Flight blocks in post 1. Stay tuned for more Jotnar series engines.
HE_Jotnar_Cruiser_Engine.png1596166304066.png

Last edited:

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
After a bit of a break, I'm back with a fun new toy. This is the Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engine. This monster is an enormously powerful ion drive, meant for your starships, rocket cars, pod racers, and the like. Like the BF ion drives, it has no reverse thrust, but extreme forward thrust. In terms of power density (thrust per cell volume) this FR22 is a hair more powerful than the BF ion drives. In situations where you would simply spam ion drives in vanilla, you can now instead use this. However, it retains Hawkeye's characteristic weight and mass. You can find it packaged with the Flight blocks in post 1. Stay tuned for more Jotnar series engines.
View attachment 33505View attachment 33504
You have the birb seal of approval.

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
I have reworked the antimatter engines somewhat for this update.

The Huginn antimatter engine has been entirely reworked with a smaller model with more APs. I've updated the description and title to better reflect how it works. I have also doubled its power density. Previously it was about equal to the LME. Now it's about twice the power of the LME (since the LME needs a buff anyway).

I have also added the much larger Muninn Heavy Antimatter Engine. It's a 2x2x2 antimatter engine with more than 4x the power of the Huginn. For those interested in technical details, its altitude scaling is the same as the Huginn, so they will work in sync if used on the same tech.

Please give these a try! These blocks simply and effectively allow your airship techs to hover in place, no hoverbug needed and no constant feathering of the throttle (like in vanilla). Use the throttle to adjust your elevation.

Make sure the arrows point upward when you place these on your tech, or the height control won't work.

I have also fixed a small UV mapping bug in the Jotnar Cruiser Engine, so please make sure your flight blocks are fully updated.
HE_Huginn_Generator.pngHE_Muninn_Generator.png
1596261995420.png

Last edited:

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
You weapons use battery power to work. if placed on tech with no batteries or with empty batteries weapons do not work.
And two suggestions about production blocks, first can you make miners so we can put 4 miners on one spot, like we can with GSO autominers? And can you tone down red on your production blocks, so it matches red on cab more?

Fenrir missiles are only 100 dmg/s?

Last edited:
Reactions: Enderjed

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
for the nice HUGE airplane tech, we are now missing only vertical tail blocks :)
EDIT: HE planes in this size are very slow, I do not recommend that build as HE blocks are very heavy. who want to play with this size better to use Venture, now when we can apply skins and make them more eye-pleasing :).

Attachments

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Aug 25, 2018
You weapons use battery power to work. if placed on tech with no batteries or with empty batteries weapons do not work.
Yes - this is by design, and is mentioned numerous times through this thread including the first post.

Railguns - all Black Labs railguns have the following
  • Energy Consumption per shot - 1 energy per damage point for rotating guns and 0.5 energy per damage point for fixed guns. Make sure you tech has the energy infrastructure to support these!
And two suggestions about production blocks, first can you make miners so we can put 4 miners on one spot, like we can with GSO autominers? And can you tone down red on your production blocks, so it matches red on cab more?
The mining layout of the Tortoise was intentional. It's benefit is not so much in its mining capacity so much as its resilience. It is also much easier to place than the GSO autominer. As for the red shielding - I can't darken it sadly. I'd like to, but that's as dark as I can make it using that transparency technique. If I or another modder figures out a better way to do it, I'll change it.

Fenrir missiles are only 100 dmg/s?
The Fenrir VLS missiles do 600 damage per shot with a 2 second reload, giving them 300 dps. They also have considerable splash damage. Dps-wise, they are in between the cruise missile and the seeker missile. This information is in the post concerning the Fenrir.

For my sanity, please make sure you've scanned the thread for the information you seek before posting.