Hawkeye Black Labs - Released Blocks

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Available in the Weapon Blocks.zip file in Post #19.

Very excited to present Black Labs first internally developed weapon, the Fenrir VLS Canister missile. This missile is encapsulated in a launch tube with attachment points on all sides, allowing it to be embedded in the surfaces of techs to create missile batteries. Damage-wise, it sits between the cruise missile and seeker pod, but its large amount of attachment points will no-doubt make it a powerhouse.

Besides offering many APs, the heavy canister adds both mass and explosive protection. The Fenrir missile will not explode upon destruction. Lastly, the missile itself has unparalleled homing capabilities, allowing it to steer to aim even when placed vertically on a tech.

This block was a lot of work for how simple it looks. Probably my level of experience getting in the way, but it's finally polished to a level it can be released. I may tinker with it further, so look for updates. Feedback is welcome.

HE_VLS_Canister_Missile.png

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Available in the Weapon Blocks.zip file in Post #19.

New weapon available from Black Labs, the Gungnir 64 MJ Railgun. This weapon is based on the HG1 cannon turret chassis, providing similar performance in terms of damage, weight, and HP. However, the principle drawback of the HG1 is its struggles with applying it's high damage. Using railgun technology to counteract this, the Gungnir supports the following improvments:
  • Black Labs Railgun - projectiles travel extremely fast, have no drop, pierce shields, and apply full damage a small impact zone rather than through direct damage or explosions.
  • 2.5x faster turning than the HG1 cannon turret - because Black Labs thinks it's ridiculous to make a turret which can't track enemies.
  • Laser Pointer
However, the consequence of the better damage application is a much longer barrel. The barrel sweeps a larger volume and so the Gungnir is much more constricting to place. It also only can no longer spin fully in a circle, being limited to only the forward arc.

Huge credit to @Potato on this one. The code for this wouldn't have been possible without his expertly annotated LK block code. He also helped me debug a projectile issue during development.

1589504393994.png

1589504424416.png

Saelem Black

Available in the .zip file in post #4.

This is the Huginn Antimatter Engine. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who uses linear motion engines to build airships, but I've always wanted a more robust, non-hoverbug way to control a tech's altitude. @Rafs floater tanks did a really good job at this, so I decided to combine the functions of the two into a single block. The engine's throttle will add or subtract to the passive buoyancy of the block. As a result, it basically turns your vectored lift into "vectored elevation". Throttling up will make your tech gently ascend to a new altitude, but then you'll stay there. It works fine with regular LMEs, rotors, and adjustment thrusters, but keep in mind that the more of these other blocks there are, the more subtle the Huginn altitude control will be.

A final disclaimer, this block has passive buoyancy. With zero throttle, this block can lift a mass of 10.5.

TL;DR, the Huginn Antimatter Engine is a moderately powerful lift block that also allows true hovering.

Please give it a try and let me know your thoughts!

Requires the Motion Block mod.

HE_Huginn_Generator.png

1589763489943.png
1589763666366.png

Saelem Black

As do I. May I ask, what are those pink shield thingies on the wings of your airship?
Ah, those are a project I'm working on; a series of high-efficiency shield panels you could surround your tech with. There's some issues with them though, so they won't be out for a little while yet.

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Ah, those are a project I'm working on; a series of high-efficiency shield panels you could surround your tech with. There's some issues with them though, so they won't be out for a little while yet.
Clarifying the issue with those shields, the game refuses to allow player bullets to go through non-bubble shields for practically no reason

Saelem Black

Next block is a super simple addition which adds some pretty massive functionality to the game...

A big trailer wheel. Good for making trains and trailers. The possibilities are really quite extensive. This wheel is identical to the HE Big Daddy wheel except that passive braking is entirely disabled.

Turns out trailer wheels are very simple to make, so if people want another (Hawkeye) wheel as a trailer wheel, let me know.

HE_Big_Daddy_Trailer.png

5/21/2020 Edit: This post will now serve as the repository of Black Labs wheel blocks. New blocks added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Available in the .zip file in post #32.

New Black Labs block available, the Ymir Wheel. Named after the progenitor giant god from Norse mythology, the Ymir is Hawkeye Black Labs answer to the GC Behemoth and the VEN Titan wheels. It sockets in between them in terms of wheel performance, but is both dramatically heavier and has dramatically more HP. The included armor fills the empty corner gaps and fits seamlessly in your large Hawkeye techs.

1590110799315.png

HE_Ymir_Wheel.png

can you make a counterpart to the jet engine?
For a block that supposedly pumps out 200,000 Lbs of thrust, it's really underwhelming.
A block at the same width and height. Maybe throttlable power?

You don't have to take this seriously

Saelem Black

can you make a counterpart to the jet engine?
For a block that supposedly pumps out 200,000 Lbs of thrust, it's really underwhelming.
A block at the same width and height. Maybe throttlable power?

You don't have to take this seriously
Hey, thanks for your question - though I'd prefer discussion be taken to this thread to keep this one uncluttered.
The old HE jet engines are in a tough spot, especially since Better Future showed up. It's worth considering. Post what you'd like in that other thread and I'll consider it when I circle back around to do more engines.