• Too powerful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not powerful enough

• It’s just a bad idea plain and simple

• Total voters

Epic afdc

A 4 barrel shotgun that has 1.5x the range, twice the spread, twice as many projectiles, twice the recoil, twice the price, and 4x the damage (compared to the standard bayonet shotgun)
This block will be 3x2x2 (lxwxh)

Description:
The 4b bayonet shotgun has earned several nicknames, such as “the super shotgun” and “the boomstick” But the most famous nickname it has received is “riot” this term was coined by general Riggs, the first man who test fired the 4b. It is said that during the test firing, the target was launched into the stratosphere

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Shotgun damage works in a unique way with TT. It doesn't count projectiles so much as just shows an animation of a projectile spread. The damage is actually created by a large spherical hitbox with the shotgun itself at the sphere's edge. The damage is a small value compared to other weapons, but it is applied to every block in this very large hitbox, with the most damage being applied in the center, then falling off as you move outward.

You can see this pattern yourself if you set up a field of 1x1x1 blocks and shoot a shotgun across them. The important point is that shotguns apply small damage across a very large volume. As a result, armoring your tech will not protect it from a shotgun blast, and a shotgun can very effectively hit squishy centers made out of batteries.

That said, I think I agree with your base premise, which is that shotguns are overlooked because they're too short range. I'd perhaps recommend changing shotgun hitbox in general to a cone shape instead of a sphere, then your super shotgun could be a narrow cone with much longer range.

Epic afdc

Shotgun damage works in a unique way with TT. It doesn't count projectiles so much as just shows an animation of a projectile spread. The damage is actually created by a large spherical hitbox with the shotgun itself at the sphere's edge. The damage is a small value compared to other weapons, but it is applied to every block in this very large hitbox, with the most damage being applied in the center, then falling off as you move outward.

You can see this pattern yourself if you set up a field of 1x1x1 blocks and shoot a shotgun across them. The important point is that shotguns apply small damage across a very large volume. As a result, armoring your tech will not protect it from a shotgun blast, and a shotgun can very effectively hit squishy centers made out of batteries.

That said, I think I agree with your base premise, which is that shotguns are overlooked because they're too short range. I'd perhaps recommend changing shotgun hitbox in general to a cone shape instead of a sphere, then your super shotgun could be a narrow cone with much longer range.
Sorry, I don’t really understand how everything in tt works, all I know is: “gun shoot, gun make things break, enemy explode” lol

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com

cool

n2galactic

Spammer of Megatons
I'm less concerned about adding shotguns and more concerned about reworking them. Based on Saelem's statement, I'd deduct that shotguns are merely melee explosive weapons, given their stupidly short range. They'd be better off as a weapon with shorter range than most machineguns, but only slightly, and actually firing multiple bullets as individual projectiles.