Having troubles with my base

Mittes

Hello, I tried to make a big base where there were my refineries ... and for fun I wanted to park my techs into garages. But each time I went somewhere and came back to base my techs would have been destroyed ... Why ? Of course I did place guns to protect this base so it's not the fact that enemies would have destroyed them.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey Mittes, I've moved your thread to community help, as that seems more approriate (the "Techs" section is more for posting up snapshots of things you've built, for general perusal).

That's a frustrating issue. I've heard of similar happening before, with techs in a garage type setup taking damage and/or being displaced. I think the issue is that the are loading back in out of position, or in another strange way, such that the mobile tech is intersecting with the anchored tech and being slammed against the ground, taking collision damage.

Enemies can't attack while you're outside of 200m from them (second major circle on radar), so won't be them. Techs are loaded unloaded between 500-600m from your present position. You might try moving your base location ~100m diagonally (e.g. north-east, etc) to be sure you're not on a join between adjacent world tiles, which has caused issues in the past [e.g. 1, 2]

Do you have a cab on your anchored base too?

If you want to upload your world save file to this thread (from before the damage happens), we make take a look. Devs might too if it seems like a (new) bug.

Last edited:

MrTwister

H
Hello, I tried to make a big base where there were my refineries ... and for fun I wanted to park my techs into garages. But each time I went somewhere and came back to base my techs would have been destroyed ... Why ? Of course I did place guns to protect this base so it's not the fact that enemies would have destroyed them.
Hi mate,

I had similar problem a couple times, where a parked tech is sightly displaced on save loading or on driving back into sector with base.

The blocks would intersect and the base would rip out chunks out of a parked tech.

Best solution is to force the game to recalculate locations of both techs - snapshot both techs. Then SCU both techs.

Redeploy and anchor your base first then redeploy your other techs and park them. Then save the game over in a new slot. Test by loading the game, should be fine.

Another thing that helps is a powerful CPU, which is not busy or distracted by other programs, I believe it increases precision of most physics calculations in this game. It is best to have Terratech as a sole running program and to shut off everything else including browsers and especially the antivirus while it is running.