Having new blocks only in MP branch seems strange

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Captain Load, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Captain Load

Captain Load Well-Known Member

I haven't heard it said anywhere yet but I have to assume the reason we're seeing all these new blocks - particularly weapons - in MP but not R&D is because PvP is going to be the major focus in the near future. I can't say I'm surprised since every nearly every other sandbox game has went down the same path. Its a stark truth that no matter how much the community wants co-op first, its PvP that will cause the masses to line a developer's pockets. At least we can expect to see MP bugs exposed sooner rather than later. However, I really think it would make sense to have the new blocks added to R&D and creative as well. Those who are on the regular unstable branch and have no interest in limited multiplayer shouldn't be left out in the cold. At the very least it seems worthwhile to have new blocks also being tested w/o the added lag and other variables introduced by MP.

2. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

that was just simple mistake from devs side...

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  3. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} [REDACTED]

The developers are planning on adding these blocks to the singleplayer branch (either in R&D or not, probably a combination of the two) in the next unstable update, which is coming out SOON™

I'm not sure why the developers put the new blocks in the multiplayer branch first, but they are coming to singleplayer in the next update.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  4. Captain Load

Captain Load Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I don't know where people get info on this game other than the forums and those Twitch videos that I usually don't have the patience for. Plus I barely have the bandwidth for videos and they burn through my data.

Everybody likes this.
  5. TheSpaceMan

TheSpaceMan Mammoth walker

I think its because they will integrate MP into the next unstable branch. Basically as an experimental feature that can be used in TT_unstable now.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  6. Jamie

Jamie PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Bingo.

Saints_Blizzard likes this.
  7. Saints_Blizzard

Saints_Blizzard Certified warhammer40k nerd

Oh hello there Internet Explorer ;)

Everybody likes this.
  8. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

Err, what?

Everybody likes this.
  9. Saints_Blizzard

Saints_Blizzard Certified warhammer40k nerd

Internet Explorer is (or was) always slow.
    Jamie replied after 19 days. Hence this joke about Jamie using/being Internet explorer

10. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

Aaaaahhh...

:)

Saints_Blizzard likes this.