Have generators charge batteries

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I also have had a look at the tech in r&d, but while it has armour, it is not very effective at resource collection, I think it could benefit from more receivers than the two on the bottom, I usually have atleast 5 receivers and often two rows of receivers across the width of the tech

P

Pink Kitty

i used to do that.

Now i just use tractor pads and drop off vast swathes of resources to a refinery.
money appears while i'm out getting more stuff.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
@Captain Load I tried again and got your tech in the game.

The only thing that is needed in my opinion is more receivers to pick up the resources. For more resource capacity in your system you could try to work in some small silos.

If all you generaters where working at once you would be able to see it charge those big Geocorp batteries.

Cool multi purpose tech.

Have a good one

Captain Load

Thanks for feedback, folks (esp. Reaper). I've already figured out a couple things from further tinkering, thanks partly to ideas from a friend:

I cut my number of big batteries almost in half. Guess what? I can run my bubbles a LOT longer now...like twice or more. Of course the devs might have made some kind of change that helped in that regard, like maybe burning less power while not actually repairing or shielding and I just happened to start experimenting about the same time.

Once I got my basic chassis built I stated thinking that either they increased the weight of the 4x2 yellow blocks or lowered the carrying power of geocorp wheels. I built a new tech with the same number of big blocks as my old one but slightly rearranged and the poor thing can barely move! OR..do changes to things like center of gravity make that huge of a difference?

I managed to score a few of those big collector pads that grab everything. Two of those babies will grab 90% of everything that rolls under or next to my rig. However, I don't seem to have increased my money making..turns out that refined resources are just about as valuable as blocks you can launch with a d-cannon. And of course if you can get the alloys rolling you REALLY rake it in. I hope that if they replace those giant pads they give us a few item-specfiic types that pull in different categories (blocks that can be d-canned, generator resources, non-generator resources, all types) or a new version with a whitelist function. It would be awesome if things like collectors, silos and filter parts could handle multiple item types.

RE: the pic of my rig. It was a snapshot with the camera button, no editing.