Gyroscopic Lift Core (proof of concept)

Havok

Hello guys. I was tinkering around with the axles in R&D and I came up with this.

GyroLift.jpg

As you can see, it's a gyro frame. However I slapped some linear motion engines, a rotor and some actual gyros where the spinning disc should be.
I think that by enlarging it a bit and building properly around it one could achieve a flying vehicle that has total freedom of movement while standing almost perfectly still in the air, since the lift core always points up. Or maybe one could have several gyroscopic upward thrust pods around the ship.

Don't know if anyone tried or showed this before. I'm gonna try to build a weird spaceship around a larger version of this.

See ya, much love
Havok / Havoc / whatever

Last edited:

Havok

I've tried to turn my ball frame into a lifting unit. I used this design a lot since the early days, sits nicely inside a gso repair bubble ^^

LiftCore.jpg

This thing weighs 420 units and should be able to lift 2421 units at full power. The repair bubble is there to make it look more spherical. Should look cool with lightning zapping between it and the structure around ^^

I hope 12 hawkeye gyros will be enough. I would use the pitch trim gyro, if it wasn't restricted to only one axis no matter how you place it =(

Much love
Havok

Havok

The frame is working really good.

Liftcore2.jpg
LiftCore3.jpg

It can indeed stand almost perfectly still in the air and has total freedom of movement, without requiring power, antigravity or hoverbug. The joints work and never shakes or stutters. There's still plenty of lift capacity on the core, should be able to make a proper spaceship around this thing.

Much love

Havok