guide to weapons, measuring power for the space they waste (New)

so i took a bit of my time to research some of the weapons and their efficiency.

Efficiency here is more like....

really difficult to explain...

lemme give you an example - We have a 14 block wide platform, instead of rating weapons efficiency as a unit/number, we are going to be rating them as space - horizontal space (for cannons ). We could put 14 lasers on that platform...or 7 megaton cannons, they would be equal in horizontal space. Space is very important -using it effectively is a must, so this is why i am making this little guide here.

So what i did in my experiment, is make a big platform tech and put weapons i was researching. i would shoot a huge block of armor, with the cab inside, i would set a timer and see how fast does each weapon destroy the cab. this way we can also find out how accurate the weapons are!

heres the list of the weapons and how much time they took to destroy the huge armored cube :

CANNONS (weapons that shoot frontward) ( built on a 14 blocks width platform) (length - as long as a cannon)
  1. GSO
    1. Megaton 8 seconds
    2. Gigaton 16 seconds
    3. Pound cannon 18 seconds
    4. Bertha 20 seconds
    5. Combat shotgun 20 seconds
    6. Stud laser 20 seconds
    7. coil laser 30 seconds
    8. Zk-47 machinegun 35 seconds
    9. Rocketpod 1:30 (my strangely favourite GSO gun)
  2. HAWKEYE
    1. MK3 Battleship cannon 4.5 seconds!!!!!!!!!
    2. Tank cannon 5 seconds
    3. type 45 naval gun 8 seconds
    4. Minigun 9 seconds
    5. Machine gun 11 seconds
    6. Repeater rifle 11 seconds
    7. Small railgun 20 seconds
    8. Mounted railgun 26 seconds
    9. bayonet shotgun (VERY SMALL RANGE) 30 seconds
    10. Axis shotgun 40 seconds
    11. Missile pod 100 seconds
  3. Venture
    1. Rapid cannon 10 seconds
    2. 360 shotgun 14 seconds
    3. needle laser 15 seconds
    4. Hailfire rifle 18 seconds
    5. Crossfire rifle 19 seconds
    6. Pip machinegun 20 seconds
    7. Flamethrower 33 seconds
    8. Lance laser rifle 33 seconds
    9. Ooze machinegun 65 seconds (is too blocks tall tho, so use it behind regular small machineguns. Cant use it sideways like that tho)
    10. Avalanche 79 seconds
  4. Reticule Research
    1. Talon 11 seconds
    2. Sonic - this one really depends, because when it shoots it lifts the whole tech up. if it didnt flip it would be about 29 seconds, if it does flip (which it did) 39 seconds
    3. Sticky mine 33 seconds (destroys alot of parts, also you can put those behind other sticky mines, up to 2 layers, diagonally)
  5. Better future
    1. Cyber disc 9 seconds
    2. speed lance laser 11 seconds
    3. laser rifle 15 seconds
    4. Rank D laser ray 17 seconds
    5. Trapdoor 20 seconds
    6. Flamethrower 20 seconds
MORTARS (Weapons that shoot upward or can shoot through other weapons) (14 blocks wide, 16 block long platform)
  1. GSO
    1. Fixed mortar 50 seconds
  2. Venture
    1. Roundabout mortar (it was LAGGY testing it, so time might be shorter) 42 seconds
    2. Missile launcher (MOST LAGGY WEAPON) 86 seconds. if there were was no lag, i would guess around 60 seconds.
  3. Hawkeye
    1. Cruise missile 8 seconds
    2. Rocket pod ( the 2x2 one, i forgot its name ) 30 seconds
    3. Burst machine gun (yes it technically is a mortar, it shoots upwards) 32 seconds
    4. Monster mortar 33 seconds
    5. DFA mortar 59 seconds
  4. Reticule
    1. Hive missile 55 seconds, but accurate...sorta
AND FIREWORKS if you build it 14 blocks wide and 16 blocks tall, it takes 30 seconds to destroy. and its VERY LAGGY

i tried testing GEO corp weapons but the armored cube just flips and my excavator keeps getting destroyed for some reason...basically dont use GEO corp weapons for combat....

So basically the best weapon is the battleship cannon, not just its OP damage and range, but also its comfortable way of having attach points. megaton cannons are the more affordable version and they are pretty efficient! Oh and the best mortar weapon is the cruise missile.

Basically if you want to build the most firepower having tech, alot of battleship cannons, and at the roof you build cruise missiles.

Last edited:
oh yea, i forgot to add... cruise missiles, despite being effective in terms of firepower, isnt a good addition for a big bulky tank, as it has low hp, and once it gets destroyed it explodes, dealing damage to your tech! for example : i had a big tech made out of cruise missiles, almost everywhere! once it got shot, all of the missiles started exploding in a chain reaction, and of the big tech remained a tiny mess. for big tanks try using monster mortars

YaYYeeT

Tactical Boredom Mode activated
Also, ramming damage helps when it's so laggy(poor poor 2016 xb1) that even avalanches fire once every ten seconds and megatons take like 3 minutes to fire missing in the end. And that's why I use Hawkeye slopes and fort armor everywhere.

Also, ramming damage helps when it's so laggy(poor poor 2016 xb1) that even avalanches fire once every ten seconds and megatons take like 3 minutes to fire missing in the end. And that's why I use Hawkeye slopes and fort armor everywhere.
man that lag must be the worst ive read about, that monstrosity only occurs if some idiot in multiplayer is using a mountain of venture rocket pod things

oh and what you think of my guide ? maybe i missed something?

YaYYeeT

Tactical Boredom Mode activated
It was because I was using a mobile base chock full of resources and apparently the normal Xbox One can't handle more than 50 of them in silos.

The selection of weapons would vary drastically between differently purposed techs. For shield breaking autocannons and/or big explosive weapons are a must. For breaking armor Better Future's arsenal is more than effective. For salvaging BF beam lasers are good, but so are flamers and other lasers. For straight-up DPS the Venture Rapid Cannon is a all-time favourite of mine. Also it would help if your test tech is anchored so all weapons can hit and flipping won't happen

oh. so thats why better futures weapons were kinda good. i guess i need to use a shielded armored cube as the target practice and see how each weapon works from there!