GSO Large Machinegun

Is this a good idea, and TT feel or realistic feel?

• Good idea

• Needs work (post why)

• Terratech-ish sci-fi feel

• Realistic feel

• Other feel (post what)

• I'm a dev, and I'd like to see the opinions (we can see if you're a dev or not)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
GSO currently only has 1 machinegun, and that's the starter machinegun. Maybe, I don't know, give it another machinegun? I know I've suggested something like this before, but this time it's for GSO (unless if the other one was for GSO too, because I don't remember). Like, a big, bulky machinegun to match the Megaton Cannon. The size should be around 2x2, but 2 wide and 3 long would also be a nice fit for a longer barrel. MAKE SURE THE GUN ISN'T ABSURDLY SIZED LIKE THE AUTOCANNON. Yeah, that's about it, really.

Something like this for a more TT feel:
IMG_0852.PNG
(This is the Caucasus Machine Gun from the game Crossout)

Or this for a more realistic feel:
IMG_0853.JPG

Reactions: MrTwister
P

Pink Kitty

Well, the devs have said that they like the dinky little tinker-toy look for the blocks and guns.

And then they added HawkEye.
???

So i'm confused, because HE is very realistic-looking and not very toy-like at all.
Personally, i think that GSO could use a slight visual upgrade.

Maybe 20% more badass?

And that ZK gun needs tweaking. Most times the bullets are so weak, they don't even get past the front of the tech, from the back of it. And that's on a small tech.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
And that ZK gun needs tweaking. Most times the bullets are so weak, they don't even get past the front of the tech, from the back of it. And that's on a small tech.
I like the little machinegun. It's not that bad, if you spam some it'll still rip enemies to pieces.

elfdrow

Mar 31, 2017
in a way I like the toy look TT have.
HE is actually my least favorite corporation in terms of look.

but I gotta admit some blocks take the "toy" look a little too far. the GSO machine gun is one good example.
so yeah. maybe a little more "real" dimensions to some blocks. but keeping the toy aesthetics.

the megaton's over the top look actually works well. as a toy mortar lol.
but that doesn't mean there can't be other guns with a little (just a little) more realistic dimensions.

and the idea of a larger machine gun/turret for GSO is quite appealing for me :)
-----------------------------------------
but I still feel HE needs a visual rework to feel a little more like the rest ;)
(tactical toy bad ass! )

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
There may or may not be a secret gigantic GSO turret in the game, that may or may not be able to hit enemies at very long ranges in the future.

However, if such a block were to indeed exist, which may or may not be the case, I wouldn't know how long it has been there or if they are still working on it.

Not really the same idea though.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
There may or may not be a secret gigantic GSO turret in the game, that may or may not be able to hit enemies at very long ranges.

However, if such a block were to indeed exist, which may or may not be the case, I wouldn't know how long it has been there or if they are still working on it.

Not really the same idea though.
That part which is bold and underlined, that is the part where you failed your suspiciously specific denial. Especially the part that says "if they are still working on it."

Hang on a moment. In GSO weapon scale, 2x2x2 would be considered gigantic, and while it isn't quite a secret, the megaton cannon fits your description.

Reactions: streak1

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
That part which is bold and underlined, that is the part where you failed your suspiciously specific denial. Especially the part that says "if they are still working on it."

Hang on a moment. In GSO weapon scale, 2x2x2 would be considered gigantic, and while it isn't quite a secret, the megaton cannon fits your description.
Maybe it's just some April Fool's spoof.