GSO Gatling Gun

Add this item?

• Total voters

BroBane

Sep 24, 2015
I have an idea for a Gatling gun, that its size would be equivalant to 3 GSO 2 blocks placed in an L shape like this:
X
XX
the gatling gun would fire 50 bullets per seond, think a better oozee smg . it would be 2x2x1 and a 2x1x1 attachment on the left top. it should look like a gatling gun barrel.
Auto Target: Yes, very slow
Grade:4
Lore:A Test Weapon made using blueprints from 90 years ago. not expensive but large and lanky. the next one to the big boy.Capable of firing 50 bullets per second.
Cost:3000
range: same as the oozee.

Aug 23, 2015
Yes
I will, in 2 sentences, try to improve this.

1. An instant 50 bullets upon firing sounds slightly OP to me. As real-life gatling guns work, they should spool up first. The spooling is when the barrel has to spin up for a bit before it begins firing. I'd say, about 2 seconds.

2. It should have limited ammo, but plenty of it. If it runs out of ammo, it must reload. It'll take a while for it to reload before it's usable again. No limited clips, to prevent trouble.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I think a cooldown for the barrels would be another good option to keep a gatling gun balanced.

Just a thought

Have a good one

Whensgen

Aug 14, 2014
A heat mechanic of some kind does seem like the only way to balance this, unless you turn the auto target to an absolute crawl, to the point that it would need a good 4-5 seconds to turn, and another 2-3 to spool up for the BRRRRT

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
if the gatling's turn speed was similar to the mega, with the firing delay of about one 3 pound shot, and a not firing while rotating on it's base it should be closer to balanced

Smoovious Laxness

Oct 31, 2015
could use the pause between firing, to be reloading a new belt into the gun...

so... spin-up... fire... spin-down/new-belt... spin-up... fire... spin-down/new-belt... lather... rinse... repeat...

-- Smoov

Whensgen

Aug 14, 2014
could use the pause between firing, to be reloading a new belt into the gun...

so... spin-up... fire... spin-down/new-belt... spin-up... fire... spin-down/new-belt... lather... rinse... repeat...

-- Smoov
I like this idea. The gun only works in bursts. High instantaneous damage, lower DPS

Sir Metaladon

Oct 15, 2015
Meh, I think GSO should get more "Cannon-style" weapons, not faster-firing ones.
As GSO's largest weapon will be the Megaton, this makes sense to me, tho the idea of a separate "line" of guns for faster fire rate is also good.