"Groundripper" Geocorp Autominer

Is this a good suggestion?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want something changed (I will edit the change into the post if it is good)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QuackDuck

Duck
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
So I watched this trailer.
At 00:16, there is a new Moon Miner, which punches a moon in the face and forces it to hand over its lunch money rips a chunk out of the moon and lifts it up into space for harvesting.

So I thought, "Hmm, can we add this to TerraTech?"

Here is what I came up with.

THE GROUNDRIPPER AUTOMINER
Groundripper Drill.png
In-game mockup, is a snapshot and can be loaded into game.

How would it work, you ask?

First, the autominer must be anchored on a resource seam and supplied with a large amount of power to start up, which can take a few moments and can have a cool animation added. The power usage I'm going for is about 4 EXP Plasma Furnaces running on refined Celestite, since I heard they produced tons of power like that.

Then, the centre plasma drill will start spinning and cut out a chunk of the ground, which can just be an animation with the plasma drills firing and having tons of dirt fly out. The drill then folds away after ~7 seconds and the chunk of ground is lifted out with a beam animation, similar to the GEO Delivery Cannon firing, but upside down like this:
screen47.jpg
Imagine the bottom of the picture is the ground.

So, the chunk is lifted out and ground into 9(?)resources, which will pop out of the outlet port (GSO Fabricator) in a short burst. Then the drill continues to mine like this for 16 minutes, which by my calculations will give you 864 resources (36 GSO Treasure Blocks™), if the entire process of mining and grinding takes 10 seconds.

While mining, the autominer's power supply can not be interrupted, or else it will shut down and the seam is destroyed and the unmined resources lost.

This autominer is designed for fast late-game resource extraction without using the autominer stacking bug, which will be fixed soon anyway. It should be put in Grade 3 Geocorp or Grade 4 when that is added. It would be best if it were added after the EXP Plasma Furnace has been graduated into the main game.

TL;DR This autominer uses tons of power to mine seams quickly for fast money making.

Last edited:

QuackDuck

Duck
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
Seeing that the post has accumulated 6 likes and the autominer overlapping bug has been fixed, I think the Groundripper needs to be added ASAP, to let us get resources quicker during late-game.

It is time to summon a dev.

*Draws a finch on the floor and places some birdseed on it*

THE ALMIGHTY @Jamie ! I SUMMON THEE! RISE, AND GIVE THY OPINION!

Gayvid`

Yes, I'm a well-known member
Sep 12, 2015
This idea is badass man , needs to be in the game.

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
Seeing that the post has accumulated 6 likes and the autominer overlapping bug has been fixed, I think the Groundripper needs to be added ASAP, to let us get resources quicker during late-game.

It is time to summon a dev.

*Draws a finch on the floor and places some birdseed on it*

THE ALMIGHTY @Jamie ! I SUMMON THEE! RISE, AND GIVE THY OPINION!
Why couldn't you draw a Budgie..? ;v;

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
B- but bird sidekick..! ;v;
Alright I guess you have a point. Anyway do we have any more fowl play to stop?