Got a red screen of death from TT Unstable

RolesG

The game was playing normally until I picked up resources, then my computer gave me a red screen of death. Restarted my computer and all of the textures were black.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
what type of computer and operating system (and computer specs (also what type of video card is in the computer))
???

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, RSoD's are generally linked to hardware issues and is unlikely to be caused by TerraTech specifically.

Can you check that all your hardware, especially your graphics card, is correctly installed and if you are overclocking, check that all the settings are correct and nothing is over heating.

Thanks!

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Sorry to respond so late to my own thread, but I really have a lot going on at the moment. I know that that's no excuse to leave you guys hanging like that, but it was unintentional. I wasn't actually pointing a finger necessarily at Terratech though. I really don't think that it is. I was just saying that I had ruled out it being a hardware issue, and that it is only happening with unity-based games. Trust me it's NOT a hardware issue. I've worked with industrial electronics for many years, and have very good test equipment and even after I was satisfied that everything was good I then (just to ensure that I wouldn't end up with egg on my face) tried entirely different hardware. I have two other mainboards with the same chipset that I can drop my C drive into and not even have to load any new drivers (though I did try rolling back to previous versions). As well as 6 different sticks of RAM and 3 different graphics cards to choose from- and it will occur with any combination I've tried. I'm fairly sure it's a unity thing. I've been working on a project of my own for some time now, and am learning Unity to do it, so I'm thinking something is just carrying over to TT. I just mentioned it because I figure that surely I'm not the only one that has had this same thing happen, so maybe someone here knew what was causing it. Sorry for any confusion I caused in the process.

EDIT: Just realized I posted in the wrong place somehow (was looking through my updates, and grabbed the comment box on the wrong window) Just pretend this is in the other thread I guess. :)

Last edited: