Give us EXP blocks even if unfinished

In what way are they not working as intended?
I have noticed zero problems with them.
Some people have been complaining about them sliding sideways all the time. For me, when I use them in R&D it is literally impossible to keep them in one spot without using anchors. I know it's a bit of a problem with other wheels as well (lack of friction in R&D) but it's really bad with the Monster and Titan wheels.

P

Pink Kitty

Some people have been complaining about them sliding sideways all the time. For me, when I use them in R&D it is literally impossible to keep them in one spot without using anchors. I know it's a bit of a problem with other wheels as well (lack of friction in R&D) but it's really bad with the Monster and Titan wheels.
I hadn't noticed.
All wheels slide sideways, so i don't park on slopes.
And thus, did not notice.

In short: i call this a 'wheel physics' problem, rather than monster truck tyre problem.

P

Pink Kitty

After a bit of practice, i have found that yes, the big wheels are more slippery.

I think this is probably necessary for wheels that big to work without causing massive jiggle.

Hey @zanzistar Is this right?

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
After a bit of practice, i have found that yes, the big wheels are more slippery.

I think this is probably necessary for wheels that big to work without causing massive jiggle.

Hey @zanzistar Is this right?
What I'm talking about is that they turn inconsistent from Left to Right. Aka they do not turn the same Left as they do Right.

P

Pink Kitty

What I'm talking about is that they turn inconsistent from Left to Right. Aka they do not turn the same Left as they do Right.
Oh that. Yeah this is true.

But, it happens with other wheels too.
It's just more obvious with those.

Basically, the whole turning logic needs an overhaul.
But that's not gonna happen til everyone is done freaking out about MP.

Wait a minute... how do bikes turn in TT? In real life, you steer the wheel. Here, you don't do that, but they still turn. Now I'm confused. Also, how come a singular wheel can still turn as well?

P

Pink Kitty

Wait a minute... how do bikes turn in TT? In real life, you steer the wheel. Here, you don't do that, but they still turn. Now I'm confused. Also, how come a singular wheel can still turn as well?
If you look closely, you will see that both wheels turn a little.

But i suspect this is just a graphical thing, and that when you 'turn' it just applies a little bit of side force to the block.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Actually, i may be wrong. Because if you make a stabilized unicycle, it will go sideways, and not turn.
I was just thinking that.
It probably provides force in the direction the wheel is facing, meaning that for a unicycle/monowheel, it will just drive diagonally instead of turning, unless the wheel is offset from the centre, in which case it will always turn, which is another problem.

NovaLegion

Jamie's best friend
I mainly just view R&D as a creative mode with no hills and lots of stuff
But yeah I can see how previously it was meant for the R&D. {Back when megaton was still untextured}

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
The monster truck wheels have been super bouncy from my usage. Bouncy to the point of not being able to climb hills without bouncing off. Not sure about the titan wheels.

But anyway, I agree with this thread.