Give us EXP blocks even if unfinished

Right now, you guys finish a block (most of the time) before releasing it to R&D. I suggest that as long as the block has:

• A texture/model
  • Anti-crashing functions (basically doesn't crash the game, or break it)

And leave the rest of the testing and feedback to us. You give us unfinished blocks, we give you feedback. That's how R&D works.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
The best part about this is that it is very logical. After all, why put a block in the experimental corporation, if it is already finished, and by definition, no longer experimental...
The whole point of the R&D EXP corporation is for us to test blocks, and give feedback on them. The problem is, we can't do that if you don't give them to us while they are still in an experimental state.

raven0ak

Right now, you guys finish a block (most of the time) before releasing it to R&D. I suggest that as long as the block has:

• A texture/model
  • Anti-crashing functions (basically doesn't crash the game, or break it)

And leave the rest of the testing and feedback to us. You give us unfinished blocks, we give you feedback. That's how R&D works.
well, current multitech ones are good reason to keep em into r&d ... as moment most of em don't work or are causing more headache at using than its worth

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I think they're worried about complains about bugged blocks.
Huge changes happen to those blocks often, so that is why it is restricted.
The small HK Jet once consumed no fuel, but now it does, effectively breaking all creations with the small jet on it.

I would suggest to keep the truly unfinished blocks stowed away until the big changes to those blocks are finalized.

Last edited:
P

Pink Kitty

The small HK Jet once consumed no fuel, but now it does, effectively breaking all creations with the small jet on it.

I would suggest to keep the truly unfinished blocks stowed away until the big changes to those blocks are finalized.
This is why we have R&D, and the EXP corp.

Caveat Emptor.

This is why we have R&D, and the EXP corp.

Caveat Emptor.
This ^^^

Also, since when did the small HE jet use fuel? Is it a thruster or a propellor? Also, what IS the small HE jet...?

well, current multitech ones are good reason to keep em into r&d ... as moment most of em don't work or are causing more headache at using than its worth
What?

P

Pink Kitty

The Small HE jet is just a short Large HE jet. 1x1x2. Cylindrical.

The artists talked about them just working on stream, and ere surprised to discover they used fuel.

The Small HE jet is just a short Large HE jet. 1x1x2. Cylindrical.

The artists talked about them just working on stream, and ere surprised to discover they used fuel.
The new HE jet? What's the point of another thruster that's basically the same? It would've been so much better if it acted like a propellor.

P

Pink Kitty

The new HE jet? What's the point of another thruster that's basically the same? It would've been so much better if it acted like a propellor.
I dunno. I get the impression that this is just not well thought out stuff.

Skirting blocks for example. Good idea, poor execution.
In addition to the bugs, there is the issue of using them (they only have 1 AP) Plus they are small. So you need a bazillion of them to do the job.
Laaaag.

What we need is ones 4 blocks long, with AP's on the end or side.
And 8 blocks long.
So we can build a decent sized wall, with only a handful of blocks.
With a few small ones here and there to fill in the gaps.

P

Pink Kitty

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205812119

42 minute mark.

Edit: did some tests. 1 cab, 4 small (new) thrusters, 4 tanks get to 10000 ft.
The same done with large thrusters reaches 6700 ft.

So they are way more efficient, and have better mounting points, even if they provide less actual thrust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

I completely agree with letting us use the unfinished EXP EXP blocks. What's the point of EXP if its not even EXP.

But what is the use of a block we can see but not use?

Take the dynamo generator f.e.
What's is your feedback to that block? It looks good/bad? You can't say anything else about it as it doesn't have any functionality.

The last discussion I witnessed was about the fact that the Devs release blocks without use to R&D. Now you want exactly this. Afaik Jamie said that the next blocks coming to R&D are going to have atleast basic functionality.

But what is the use of a block we can see but not use?

Take the dynamo generator f.e.
What's is your feedback to that block? It looks good/bad? You can't say anything else about it as it doesn't have any functionality.
We can give the devs more suggestions and ideas for that block based on its look, description, etc.

We can give the devs more suggestions and ideas for that block based on its look, description, etc.
The block gets made AFTER the idea for the block has been made up. I can't say that my car is a boat and expect the engineers to change it. After all we can argue that the idea of the block doesn't fit the game or the look of the block itself then the Payload designers take a closer look.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
We can get an idea of the look and shape.
We can incorporate it into builds for when it does work.
and we can give feedback.
The best part is that, if they plan for.the block to do something we are strongly opposed to, they wont need to waste precious coder time on the features we don't want.

BroBane

I agree with this, as the unstable branch is called unstable for a reason, and exp is supposedly for a reason
I however do understand why the devs hold things back as it hurts the overall professionalism of the game.

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
My conclusion is, we R&D owners get the EXP blocks after they're all done or mostly done. R&D is for testing new blocks before they function as intended, to find issues with the blocks and to make the blocks as polished as possible before they're released to the "public" isn't it?
So why are the Monster and Titan wheels "public"? They're not working as intended, they have issues and they need more work. That is what R&D is for. My only wish, Devs get your stuff together please...

P

Pink Kitty

My conclusion is, we R&D owners get the EXP blocks after they're all done or mostly done. R&D is for testing new blocks before they function as intended, to find issues with the blocks and to make the blocks as polished as possible before they're released to the "public" isn't it?
So why are the Monster and Titan wheels "public"? They're not working as intended, they have issues and they need more work. That is what R&D is for. My only wish, Devs get your stuff together please...
In what way are they not working as intended?
I have noticed zero problems with them.

My only complaint so far is that they need to be tougher and/or impact resistant.
But that's a balance issue.