Gigaton Cannon pointless

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Boomik, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Boomik

Boomik ...

First off, it does less damage than the Megaton Cannon. Second, it shoots at half the speed of a Megaton Cannon. Third off, it has a huge hitbox (which is what I'm concerned about the most). So it needs a buff.
    1. Buff the damage to what it says - 2x Megaton
    2. Buff the reload to about 75% speed of Megaton so it's actually good
    Lastly, CHANGE THE HITBOX. It takes up 4x the size of the megaton, when it should only be 2x. Change the hitbox to match the AP's. 2 wide, 4 long, and 2 tall. I've already have enough of this huge hitbox nonsense. This big hitbox makes it hard to:
    1. Make nice looking techs out if it because you can't fit it next to eachother
    2. Make an efficient tech with it. The Tank Cannon is huge like this, and it too is pretty bad, unless if you only have it on a small tech with 1 gun
    What do you agree with here?

This compared to the Tank Cannon, it's just a smaller version of it that's complete trash. Buff it please.

And also, the Tank Cannon's hitbox sort of needs to be big like that because it has a weird shape. This doesn't. It's perfectly 2x4x2, but you decided to make it huge anyways. And I don't care about balancing the size. The hitbox is TOO BIG for practical and aesthetic use, and needs to be fixed. Balancing can be changed in some other variable, like the damage, reload, etc. But IMO, the hitbox is not an option for balancing.

2. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

What is gigaton canon... I looked at MP only once, and for short. So images would be nice.

3. Senorragequit

Senorragequit SRQ TT Translator

It's the megaton cannon with a long barrel

Boomik likes this.
  4. Boomik

Boomik ...

Exactly. So the cannon should only be long. But no, it's DOUBLE WIDE AS WELL! Why?

5. ZenithEevee

ZenithEevee Procrastinator of the New World Order

How about we:

Swap the stats of the two, All except Fire Rate?

As for the "Hitbox" Problem...
    Chances are, If its hitting that illusiory "4x4x4" Hitbox.. Its going to hit your machine anyways.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware that it is actually 4x2x4 to place due to its size and that it actually rotates.

Lord Zarnox and Boomik like this.
  6. Boomik

Boomik ...

Swapping the stats sounds like a good idea, but I'd rather keep them and make the Gigaton Cannon stronger. Because 1, I would want to see a really powerful one shot cannon, and 2, there wouldn't be a massive riot started from people who like OP megatons or whatever.

And no, I'm not talking about hitting the hitbox. I'm talking about building with it. Because it's so big, you can't place other blocks next to it, which 1, ruins the looks, and 2, makes it really ineffective.

7. ZenithEevee

ZenithEevee Procrastinator of the New World Order

Well, Yeah.
    Its a big cannon with a big build box, Because if it wasn't that big, You'd get people abusing No Clip building processes of having large amounts of armor right next to the guns, And then having the guns turning so the barrel goes through the wall, And therefor be able to shoot through that wall.

2: The problem with the first part, If there's any one-shot weapon, It should be in hawkeye (At like Faction rank 10e153245), But also, There *Shouldnt* Be one shot weapons in general, And the Megaton cannon is honestly just too OP imo, And having the Gigaton where the megaton is atm would be better fix simply because it fixes both The megaton being strong, And the gigaton being weak.

Lord Zarnox and Seth_Seth like this.
  8. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

I Agree.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  9. Boomik

Boomik ...

I remember the Repeater having that issue, but if I recall correctly, it was fixed somehow.

10. Nightblade Greyswandir

Aha, now I know. But I would like to see 4x4 Giga to be introduced in the game and 2x2 Mega to be sent to pension. And completly removed from campaign or nerfed to ridiculousness. Giga is as strong as it should be, it is good competition to HE canon.

11. Benbacon

Benbacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

I don't think the megaton cannon should be nerfed to oblivion, but rather give the gigaton a buff. The rotation needs to be increased as well as splash and damage
    The only thing that makes megatons OP right now is their versatility in being able to stack very well. Removing that versatility would be the best thing we can do, as well as a very small damage nerf

The gigaton is and should be one step up from the megaton, so having it perform like the megaton right now would make techs way too cumbersome

Gayvid` and Boomik like this.
  12. Gayvid`

Gayvid` Yes, I'm a well-known member

Make the megaton shoot like it was when it used to be in experimental and make the gigaton shoot like megaton like it does now.

13. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

NaH, you can still exploit it, especially using sloped blocks.

14. Nightblade Greyswandir

Megas on Ai are destruction for gameplay... Mega have to be nerfed. Point is that Mega have footpront of 2x2 and compared to that it is way to strong, and small nerfing will not help. Much better is footprint of gigton 4x4 that fit to the strength of mega. So megton have to be one step below gigton.
    mega is game braking block... Nobody cares if five forum members love them... there is 5000 complains on megaton tech being too OP both on forums and steam.

Masakari, Jaime, Lord Zarnox and 2 others like this.
  15. Benbacon

I know that it needs a nerf but if it gets nerfed to oblivion trust me, it will become one of the most useless blocks in the game, and so will the gigaton

16. Nightblade Greyswandir

ok... to brake it to numbers... Mega should be, by footprint, same as HE cannon IMO. So 6 Mega have to have same DPS like on HE HG1 cannon. As they look more like mortars, maybe they should have more splash dmg then direct dmg.
    Giga have to be same DPS like HG1 and actually smaller footprint will make it 1/3 stronger.
    Difference between these three should be if they have direct or splash damage, and radius of splash damage, more than pure DPS.

Lord Zarnox and Boomik like this.
  17. Boomik

Boomik ...

So basically, nerf Megaton to 1/4 of its current power, buff Giga to HG1's current power, and change the Giga's hitbox to 2x4x2 so you can put 2 gigas in 1 HG1.

TBH, I don't care about what buffs and nerfs it gets, as long as the Giga is stronger than current Mega and has a smaller hitbox.

18. Benbacon

Since the Megaton has a shorter barrel, the projectile should be less accurate then the gigaton as well as being slower mid air

Deutsche Würfel likes this.
  19. Nightblade Greyswandir

No. Giga should stay as 4x4x2, and have HE HG1 power, or it will become OP again. Giga is 16 blocks area, and HE cannon is 25. So compared in how much you can place on same area it will end up that Giga will be 1/3 more powerful if it has same power as HE HG1.

maybe just remove lower side blocks (space boxes) from Giga 4x4x2 so bottom will be 2x4 so we can put 1 block high weapons next to it, but keep upper level on 4x4 so no stacking of 2 high blocks is possible.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  20. Nightblade Greyswandir

It would be nice to hear from devs if this make sense as if this stay between us it is not worth at all.