Giant Angled Treads

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
This is a combination of ideas. First of all @Nerf Craft 's idea for angled treads https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/angled-tracks-for-hills.19267/ . Great idea! And like 20 different people including my suggestion for larger treads. I want a giant tread. Very high level. There could be a huge like 30x5 one for GeoCorp and a 20x3 for HE. These treads would be angled at the front and back. I feel like I dont even need to explain why this would be a good idea. It would actually make tracks relevant. The end

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
These treads would be angled at the front and back.
So like this? Which is to say, kinda like the current HE tracks, but with a longer sloped area that rises further?:

large_thumbnail.jpg

What about what Matt seemed to be hinting at (maybe being thought about already) on the other thread - has no one suggested having larger tracks that pivot about their centre a little (say 20-30 degrees) so they are better able to keep the main flat part of the tread on the ground when going up/over slope transitions.
Due to issues with attach points on moving parts (why we can't have pivots/hinges ect) there wouldn't be any APs on the tracks itself. But it's not like there are any on existing tracks anyway or that you're even suggesting that
They'd be like the (bigger) Venture Hurricane tracks, with attach points only at the middle-top (but potentially either side depending upon design). This kind of more complicated block model would make more sense on a bigger block (say, 2 wide, 6-8 long and 4-5 tall, for pivot clearance).

I don't know if you'd need to make them asymmetric, with a sloped front that's mostly off the ground, on the flat (as seems to be the topic of the linked thread). Or both symmetric and asymmetric versions, to accommodate the bigger land ship tech designs that will inevitably use a load of them in series along their length.

Last edited: