Getting Large Hover/Gravity Techs to Stop Drifting

Corradus

May 22, 2021
Hey guys:

So, like the title says, I built me a rather large Tech with lots and lots of big beefy GeoCorp hover blocks and half a dozen anti-gravity generators (the big ones).

The big girl hovers and thanks to like, a bajillion thrust controllers and ion drives, she's normally pretty responsive, even considering inertia. She doesn't even list or tilt. There's just one problem.

When I bring her to a full stop, she won't hold position. She keeps drifting...usually on the horizontal towards the 10 o'clock postion. I've double-checked everything I can think of from adding more gyros to basic structural frame size mismatches to equal component/module counts everywhere, ensuring mirroring on the x-axis line, and I still can't figure out what's going on.

Do you guys have any ideas? Station keeping is really important. Should I just give up and rely on my sky anchors?

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Sky anchors are the only way to station an anti grav tech unless you turn the anti-grav off. Hover techs stop drifting due to their moveable hover pads, AG does not unless it uses hover pads and is not weightless. The game won't fully stop a drifting tech as it has movement blocks exert a force so little as to stop drifting entirely, they round to zero and turn off.

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Apr 3, 2019
Main Z-Sector Black Hole
Hey guys:

So, like the title says, I built me a rather large Tech with lots and lots of big beefy GeoCorp hover blocks and half a dozen anti-gravity generators (the big ones).

The big girl hovers and thanks to like, a bajillion thrust controllers and ion drives, she's normally pretty responsive, even considering inertia. She doesn't even list or tilt. There's just one problem.

When I bring her to a full stop, she won't hold position. She keeps drifting...usually on the horizontal towards the 10 o'clock postion. I've double-checked everything I can think of from adding more gyros to basic structural frame size mismatches to equal component/module counts everywhere, ensuring mirroring on the x-axis line, and I still can't figure out what's going on.

Do you guys have any ideas? Station keeping is really important. Should I just give up and rely on my sky anchors?
BF stabilizing computer