Generators

AdorableWolf

Jan 23, 2016
How do they work? I know that they powerup shields, recharge bateries-> it's not what I'm asking for.

I'm asking about time of working on different fuels, if batteries in base are full, do it use fuel slower? When panel generator is ON, do it stop/prevent use of burning a fuel?

Greetings to any reading this.

ArmchairGravy

Aug 28, 2015
All fuels supply the same amount of charge while burning, but burn at different rates. Generators will always take fuel and burn it, regardless of need.

Reactions: AdorableWolf
P

Pink Kitty

but if the batteries are full, the generators will not draw further fuel, once the current lot is used.

Reactions: AdorableWolf

MidBlade

Apr 5, 2016
Thats not always correct Pink, Ive had silos empty an the generators consume all the fuel even though the power wasnt needed. Not sure why but has happened more often then not.

P

Pink Kitty

Thats not always correct Pink, Ive had silos empty an the generators consume all the fuel even though the power wasnt needed. Not sure why but has happened more often then not.
Unless something has changed recently, it does work the way i described.

Keep in mind, ANY power usage will cause the generator to draw fuel.

Test it in R&D. if you have generators charging batteries (with no shields or regen bubbles)
they will stop pulling fuel.

If however you have bases with shields and things, you get the scenario that you have described.

MidBlade

Apr 5, 2016
i will have to do that, i tend to add bubble at the end of base builds just because it easier to see, but again ill try in R@D

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Yorkshire Dales under a rock.
Unless something has changed recently, it does work the way i described.

Keep in mind, ANY power usage will cause the generator to draw fuel.

Test it in R&D. if you have generators charging batteries (with no shields or regen bubbles)
they will stop pulling fuel.

If however you have bases with shields and things, you get the scenario that you have described.
Unless something has changed recently this has never been the case for me. Generators burn fuel regardless of the need to do so..

P

Pink Kitty

Just tested it.

It works as describe on all 3 available generators. That is: they burn fuel, regardless of need.

So, either something has changed, or the last time i checked it, i had a very convenient bug.

Yay science!