Generator!

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Must be a bug. The generator *does* work while attached to a Tech, even if it's not anchored/grounded. I hope it continues to work as it does currently, really. Hard to have any Base Blocks without a working Generator.

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
I would like to say that the generator is not working for everyone. I am one of those that get the same message as Kenniej and no matter how I try to build it my generator won't take any fuel. This is with the same setup I had on my tech previously to this change and my generator kept me safe and allowed me to explore. Not I am just scared to move around :(

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
Must be a bug. The generator *does* work while attached to a Tech, even if it's not anchored/grounded. I hope it continues to work as it does currently, really. Hard to have any Base Blocks without a working Generator.
This play through it worked for me... Earlier playthroughs it didn't work with tech mounted generators. Will be interesting to see how it goes the following playthroughs.

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Here's my current base/salvage yard:

upload_2015-2-17_16-1-39.png

Current Tech, zoomed in, showing the Generator, three Receivers, two Batteries and (buried in the build), the damage shield. I'm trying (so far, unsuccessfully) to have the game spawn more enemies with Venture blocks.

upload_2015-2-17_16-5-42.png

As you can see, despite the red hex, the Generator is working.

Reactions: Jamie

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
Thank you so much for this tip it really works! I also noticed that my generator was not taking in the the oil because my batteries where constantly filled by the solar generator.

base1.png

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
Found the first one at the start of the game. The second one is visable from the first next to the blue shield.

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
The weapons are at the front mostly lasers. There are a lot of big techs spawning with the yellow bricks.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Some awesome looking Techs in this thread!

There is a bug currently that displays an error message on generators that DO work on vehicles that says they DON'T work - we're working on that at the moment.

Eventually - all of these generators will NOT work on vehicles. That won't happen until we introduce more advanced generators that DO, but something to keep in mind.

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
I understand it is awesome to build a base and also have a kind of mobile one. I hope that the bug is fixed soon it took me several days to find out that i could take the generator with me thanks to Knyghtefall.

@ Darci: Enough Guns ?
@Knyghtefall: I have built my current tech with inside base mostly out of the tech in de back.example 6.png

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Very niiiice! Smart to have most of your weapons 'back' from the 'cross piece'.

ProTip (grins!): For people wanting to carry Base Blocks around. You only need the Generator if you're powering shields. Neither of the Fabricators, Refinery, Conveyor, Silo, Receiver or Delivery Cannon require a Generator. ONLY the Regenerator and Shield require a power source of some kind. For mobile bases, that's currently Batteries and the fuel fed Generator.

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
@Kenniej: yes, until you see a Tech I built and called it the "Leg Cutter", to dizimate with the poor tall thing on your snapshot... MWAHAHAHAHA

Soon I'll post a photo of it here :p

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
of these generators will NOT work on vehicles. That won't happen until we introduce more advanced generators that DO, but something to keep in mind.
Well; awesome, and down right depressing all in one swing, well played.

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Well; awesome, and down right depressing all in one swing, well played.
I don't understand your comment. From what I'm reading, he's basically saying we will continue to have Generators that work on our Techs. How is that a bad thing?