Generator!

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Hi there! Anybody noticed that the base's generator not only consumes the fuel, but the wood too?

And even an ore that some day was called a Coal chunk!

No problem, cuz' the "coal" has more energy than the wood, but seeing a non refined resource being used for anything but selling and refining is weird! hahahaha

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
Monolite (Coal) gives 3 bars on the small battery cell meter, I always keep some in my receivers.

Reactions: Jamie

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Yes, it's good for exploring, but now the fuel is useless. Poor golden beautiful drops... *snif*

Tinywar

Aug 13, 2014
It takes 5 wood to fill a battery
it takes 2.5 biofuel to fill a battery
it takes1.5 oil to fill a battery
It takes 1.5 coal to fill a battery

It takes less biofuel (golden Color) fill the battery

Last edited:
Reactions: cupid_the_conqueror

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Then, it's not a bug... Just increased the energy source options... Okay, I'll try myself to accept this fact. :D
But... please... the wood no!

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
The above posts are correct - wood is the least efficient means of powering a battery. Refining it into biofuel first is a lot more efficient!

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
While I know that resource management is somewhat of a pain, I liked that some things require the 'basic' element, and others require the 'refined' element. When we get back to a base system that allows you to pick and choose what you want to refine and what you want to build, that will give the player more choices.

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
I must say that I really do not like that the generator has to be grounded with the last .41 patch.
vehicle mounted shields and regenerators are useless since .41, or have I missed something?

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
I must say that I really do not like that the generator has to be grounded with the last .41 patch.
vehicle mounted shields and regenerators are useless since .41, or have I missed something?
I didn't like it too, but...
Maybe it needs a "ground wire"? :p:p:p

I mean...
There's a real purpose for people building bases now, and not just popping everything on the back of their rigs and roll around in a shielded fortress... Surely they will, since there will be the possibility of fabricating new base pieces, including batteries, and they can build a power plant to charge them and power their mobile shields, but surely they will need to come back after some time, to change them... Good job devs! Can't wait for this to happen!

Reactions: Jamie

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
I didn't like it too, but...
Maybe it needs a "ground wire"? :p:p:p

I mean...
There's a real purpose for people building bases now, and not just popping everything on the back of their rigs and roll around in a shielded fortress... Surely they will, since there will be the possibility of fabricating new base pieces, including batteries, and they can build a power plant to charge them and power their mobile shields, but surely they will need to come back after some time, to change them... Good job devs! Can't wait for this to happen!
I understand your point of view. However this change forces players into a particular pattern of play. Whereas the previous way generators worked allowed more freedom for the player to take charge of their experience with the game and play it the way they wanted.

Reactions: Darci

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
I have to jump on the hate wagon with regards to grounding generators.

Boo-urns mandatory grounding.

I loved my mobile platform of death and manufacturing. Now I just feel naked, vulnerable and my ability to explore is now nil as I can't usually find my way home as there are no major landmarks to build a map from. This is definitely a linear play method now.

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
I know you can have a mobile Delivery Cannon, not certain about any other Base blocks. Will have to test...

Update: Not sure if this is a bug, but here's my mobile platform of death and manufacturing:

upload_2015-2-15_20-42-58.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Darci

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
"Mobile platform of death and manufacturing": good term LOL

I have noticed that the fueled generator still works, even when not grounded. So, we can have our "MPoD&Ms" if we want. I mean, if we feed them more coal :p

At this point, I shall agree with you guys, because...
I'm trying not to be a "MPoD&M" and to stabilish a real shielded base, but with so poor fabricating possibilities and NO RADAR RANGE, I'm not sure if I still want a base... Maybe later :(

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
My base presently is a junkyard of Techs and salvage. The most important Mobile Base Blocks are:

1) Receiver
2) Shield
3) Power Generator
4) Batteries

Feed the generator Coal or Oil and that will charge the batteries, which runs the shield. I'd like to carry around the Regenerator too, but carrying both shields drains the batteries very quickly. Plus, you can't turn them off, AFAIK.

Will have to experiment with attaching the Regenerator in such a way as to *not* have it running all the time.

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
I managed to attach the solar power generator to my base and the ground it keeps my shields up. A mobile generator would be awesome! Do you guys notice to that the biofuel is not always consumed by the generator ?

Darci

Feb 10, 2015
Yeah, you don't really need the regenerator... If you have damaged blocks, just save and load again :D

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
My normal and solar generators need to be anchored to the ground how do you make them mobile ? Personally i like the regenerators keeps the parts i want to keep safe.

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
The Solar won't work unless it's anchored to the ground. The 'regular' generator will work mounted on a Tech. I have mine usually two or three blocks off the ground. I usually have either a Conveyor or Receiver attached directly to it. The Conveyors are useful to have as a sort of cargo area. The fuel floats over the Receiver and/or Conveyor, waiting to be consumed by the Generator.