General Ideas for TerraTech

An idea of mine is that the old blocks from the past are put back in only R&D labs, here is an example of some blocks that that are old/removed.
Just get the tech from my link and see the removed blocks that are on there.

joseph racer

I checked out the the snapshot, and some of these blocks are already in the game or just reskinned. Some are unobtanible like the trading station parts or some are as you said are removed.

Last edited:

rfrebtehb

There's one change to the trading stations that I think would be a nice addition. I'm thinking that adding remote chargers (which could just be the GSO ones) to the trading stations themselves, so while purchasing blocks or selecting missions, the station could charge your tech. One thing that might have to change is how fast it charges though. Either limit how much it will charge, or make it take a bit longer to charge than usual.

Another albeit minor change I have in mind, is corporation specific crates at the end of missions. Say that Better Future crates were sleeker and more ergonomic. Geocorp would look like Geocorp I guess, just big and bulky. Hawkeye could have a more aggressive design, and Venture could be a bit smaller and sleeker. Then GSO would just stay the same as the basic design, unless there's a different design the devs want to try. I think this change shouldnt be too difficult to implement, because its just a model change, but it would still be a nice addition nonetheless.

桂桃~

I really want to see a huge enemy/friendly AI overhaul, as well as give different cabs unique attributes, namely engagement distance. I constantly find my largest techs drift out of aggro range when turning, and guns have little use on fighter planes.

I've attached some illustrations on how I envision engagement ranges to look like for various cabs, as well as a table on giving variety to enemy tech behaviour based on their cab. I think it would be really cool to have full on boss fights, hence the bomber cab.

If techs have multiple types of cabs, I guess you could select which one takes precedence.

IDLE behaviour is something I'd also like to see for enemy techs. In this case, IDLE meaning outside of detection range. Instead of just staying still, I think various techs should each do something related to their corporation. Once you get into their range, enemy techs will engage their active behaviour patterns. IDLE behaviour patterns can help re-engagement in case you go out of range by mistake, and can also leverage each cabs proposed engagement ranges, for example, the HE cab's IDLE behaviour turns in place to sweep it's long but narrow engagement range across a wide area.

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 3.30.00 PM.png Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 3.30.08 PM.png

Last edited:

YaYYeeT

Tactical Boredom Mode activated
I really want to see a huge enemy/friendly AI overhaul, as well as give different cabs unique attributes, namely engagement distance. I constantly find my largest techs drift out of aggro range when turning, and guns have little use on fighter planes.

I've attached some illustrations on how I envision engagement ranges to look like for various cabs, as well as a table on giving variety to enemy tech behaviour based on their cab. I think it would be really cool to have full on boss fights, hence the bomber cab.

If techs have multiple types of cabs, I guess you could select which one takes precedence.

View attachment 33389 View attachment 33390
What about height? The Bomber Command Cab could have a very good detection ceiling because he commands bombers and he would help his squadron members out by doing AA.

rfrebtehb

With the whole cab overhaul, wouldn't they have to change how close you get to them before they become idle? (Idle meaning that they're still spawned but inactive)

桂桃~

With the whole cab overhaul, wouldn't they have to change how close you get to them before they become idle? (Idle meaning that they're still spawned but inactive)
My idea was to add some variation in enemy AI behaviour, both when they are active (targeting you) and when they are idle (outside of their aggro range). Of course, enemy tech's detection range and behaviour would change based on which cab they are using, and the idle behaviour should help to leverage their behaviour patterns, armament and targeting range, ie. Venture techs would drive around in circles to increase their total detection area, and would be well suited to it with their high speeds, while Hawkeye, with its many weapons that have a fixed direction, ie. Battleship Cannons and Railguns would be able to shoot you from much further away.

What about height? The Bomber Command Cab could have a very good detection ceiling because he commands bombers and he would help his squadron members out by doing AA.
I haven't really thought about the targeting ranges in 3 dimensions, for example, BF could be an octahedron, and HE standard cabs could have a cone or a wedge, IDK. The circular ones would probably be spherical, though cylindrical is an interesting alternative too.

桂桃~

I also wanted to propose the idea of a jungle biome, covered in thick and tall, indestructible trees with exposed roots and all in all treacherous terrain, as well as an alpine mountains biome and canyon biome.

Jungles would contain large erudite, luminite, oliete and radite deposits, and would have larger trees which can be tapped with an autominer for rubber.

Alpines could have high concentrations of celestite, carbite, titanite and plumbite deposits, higher than salt flats and glaciers, though they cannot be automined.

Canyons would be the alternative source of ignite, as well as radite, carbite and luminite, maybe even holding large deposits of these resources like the big luminite crystal from one of the missions.

To go along with these, better biome blending and greater diversity in colours should also be implemented. Existing biomes like the desert and mountains could be tone shifted to you know, be less red, as I think a rocky grey/brown mountain biome would look really good, especially when blended into a grassland/forrest. Simply changing the colour palette would add much more variation, and auto blending biomes would be awesome to create a better looking world, and make biome transitions less jarring.

Certain biomes and biome colour swaps should always be paired with others, for example, Glaciers would go with an Alpine, Alpines in turn blend with Grey Mountains, Forrests blend into Jungles, and Red Mountains go with Canyons, etc.

In addition to biomes, some new manmade/natural style structures would be cool, but they should be especially tailored for base building. Current structures serve that purpose to *some* extent, but not perfectly, for instance, the monuments are too tall to be accessible, and don't have a very flat top to land aircraft. What would be really cool is if you could obtain military bases or outposts after extremely tough missions.

Last edited: