Game Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by SF Squiggy, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SF Squiggy

SF Squiggy Well-Known Member

Hi. I do not know what will be in the console update edition thingy, but at least for future addition, there are a few things that I think will make TerraTech even better. For the campaign, after maxing all of the licenses, it gets quite boring. I'm not sure what could be added to make this less boring, but I do think that some things should be done to make game play more fun and intriguing. Also, one of the ONLY things about this game that I do not like is all of its terrible bugs. If you guys could fix up these problems and make this a stable, sound game, I'm sure much more people would enjoy it. (Again, this may all be not applicable if these things have been dealt with already).

zanzistar and Khaine like this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've moved this thread from "Open" to the dedicated "Suggestions" subsection.

That certainly appears to be Payload's main aim, currently, in these months running up to 1.0 release (and beyond that, I'm thinking).

zanzistar and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

what terrible bugs?

4. ZeroGravitas

^ There, fixed that for you. ;) (I am also curious; a fair few to choose from, still.)

5. SF Squiggy

Nightblade, some of the "terrible bugs" include the duplication bug, the AI stuff, and some other thing where the game glitches out and you uncontrollably switch techs. This could also be my computer since its pretty bad though.

Also, ZeroGravitas, what do you mean by "I am also curious; a fair few to choose from, still."?

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

A lot of (relatively) bad bugs in the game to choose from. I wonder which cause most people grief.:)

That's part of the same duplication/time-space warping glitch. Only way to escape it is to restart a clean, new campaign.

SF Squiggy likes this.
  7. Nightblade Greyswandir

There have to be some trigger for these bugs that I am missing, as I always find it interesting when people complain that it looks to me like we play different games... Of all interesting bugs, i had only one save where I could go over the edge of misplaced terrain and fall down, and I lost my tech once without trace (loading game without any tech in that save game), so that is why I am asking what interesting bugs you stumbled upon.
    For me most annoying issue, not bug, is slowing down when I make tech that are 64x64xfew blocks thick, so I can never finish any of these gigantic builds.
    Duplication glitch is not annoying and just few of players built so big to have that issue...

SF Squiggy likes this.
  8. ZeroGravitas

The *tech* duplication glitch (I assumed). Which really is terrible, eventually making saves unloadable (and I think SSundee's playthrough may have it). The block dupe glitch was recently fixed.

But yeah, I dodn't hit too many glitches in my proper play-throughs. But then I know exactly what to avoid for the many crafting issues, and lag issues, etc. And it seems like my PC might be immune to causing the tech dupe glitch (that one, at least, is ). But i have a lot of crashes and other things while investigating bugs (unrelated toe eh bugs I'm investigating).

9. SF Squiggy

I wouldn't mind the duplication glitch so much if my computer could handle it. Whenever I have a base with more than like 3 techs, my computer crashes whenever they duplicate, dooming my successful campaign. This is why I really look forward to console - even if the duplication glitch does happen, the console will most likely be able to handle it perfectly.

10. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D

SF Squiggy and ZeroGravitas like this.
  11. Nightblade Greyswandir

yes i was thinking about block dup glitch (cool that devs cured this one)... i never had tech dup.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  12. Captain Load

Captain Load Well-Known Member

Top five most annoying bugs IMO:

* I load a campaign and the biome is different than when I saved. It was actually nice one time because it put me on the only salt flats I'd seen in that game, so I got to complete the carbite mission. Re-loading usually fixes this.

* Tech suddenly won't fire weapons while reversing. This one happens a lot.

* Parts of VEN tracks for loops and such aren't properly aligned and you slam into edges that are sticking up. Makes it impossible to complete stunt missions which are already near-impossible. Seriously, I skip most of them now because no build I come up with can do them. In fact, about half of the time when you get these missions you don't even have the parts needed to build a tech that can attempt them.

* When a resource chunk gets stuck between four blocks that have no empty space between them at all. Can't imagine how many times I've had to partially disassemble a "hopping" tech to remove a stray resource.

* Soooo many block rotation/placement issues I don't even know where to start. Everyone knows what I'm talking about.

(Dis)honorable mentions:

* I assume this is a bug: you'll get the "you've defeated the" wave of enemies message..and a few seconds later another one spawns. This would actually be a neat random addition to missions if, right before the mob appears, you get a message like, "Oh wait, I spoke too soon.."

13. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

I don't recall this happening to me, except when it wasn't a "solid" block (megaton cannons+batteries). Are you triple stacking resource collectors?

14. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Not seen this without editing the seed...

Or this... ever.

The TT and Slalom are okay and I've had the learn to fly a couple of times (in the same campaign), but I'd agree on the stunt ones, I too skip those. Biggest grip is the start gates aren't removed when you finish the mission making the landscape a mess.

Commonly happens when using a lot of GSO batteries the resource chunk gets stuck in the tinniest of holes in the centre of eight of them. :( I think that using the build beam and rotating will unstick them. (Or Snapshot -> Store -> Summon will certainly do it.)

I don't have a real issue with this one, the vast majority of blocks in my experience can be rotated off the tech for basic orientation before placing them. Some I do often make frames so they have no choice about where to go or which rotation to use. But having seen how other games do this I'd sooner have two keys than six (Space Engineers).

Agreed, does seem a bit silly. Also the one with waves where the text says all enemies cleared... then says here comes the next wave... :D

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  15. SF Squiggy

I placed a few bases in a salt flats biome and after the duplication glitch happened, there seems to be an invisible wall or something. I cannot drive through it, nor can I shoot through it. :confused:

16. Ninjin_Ninja

Ninjin_Ninja Well-Known Member

(Dis)honorable mentions:

* I assume this is a bug: you'll get the "you've defeated the" wave of enemies message..and a few seconds later another one spawns. This would actually be a neat random addition to missions if, right before the mob appears, you get a message like, "Oh wait, I spoke too soon.."[/QUOTE]

lol I think that's a bit of a normal thing for me. Also every time enemies show up that's a new wave, so when it says wave defeated it isn't wrong :p