Game Only Works On My Secondary Monitor

alpha123

May 8, 2020
I'm playing on the current build on PC using steam. For whatever reason, terratech only works on one of my monitors. I have a dual monitor setup, one is an acer monitor with gsync at 144hz, the other one is a tcl roku tv at 60hz. I don't think it's a problem with the monitors but it's better to be safe. For awhile, the game worked for the most part on my acer monitor, lagging as in making my computer slow down when I would launch the game and sometimes when I alt-tabbed, but now it causes my monitors to both be unable to find any input from my computer and making them both go black the instant I launch the game or drag it from my tv monitor to my acer monitor, until I turn off my acer monitor and quit it on my tv monitor. But somehow, the game runs fine on my tv monitor.

Any idea of what could be causing this? I've tried turning off gsync as well.

I don't think the problem is with my hardware.
I have a gtx 1070, 16 gb of ram, and an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
I can't say I've ever heard of anything like this before, in any game or application.

Is each monitor connected into a different output source? For example, is one connected to the GPU and the other to the output on the Motherboard?