Game Crashes When Approaching Base

LumberHat

Apr 28, 2017
My save is somewhat late-game, so I'd rather not have to restart my game. I have had issues with techs duplicating before, so I think it may have something to do with that. I unfortunately have no backups, which is a huge mistake by itself. If anyone can explain how to fix this, or do it through some crazy programming tricks, it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
If your base has techs on rotating anchors, then it;s likely they they've been duped and are intersecting, causing a physics crash. I don't think there's any way to get near enough to them to sort things out without triggering the crash. And even so, that save is going to keep glitching out in this way (until/unless the devs manage to put in some kind of retro-active fix for this - not likely soon, I feel).

Sorry, doubt there's anything we can do for you (although I haven't tried to look at the save).:(

You could accelerate your run through Campaign by editing a save or just using someone else's. But it's fairly quick to just start over.:)

LumberHat

Apr 28, 2017
How do I edit a save? I think that's my preferred fix at this point. Restarting is possible but I've had to restart too many times to count and I would rather skip ahead. Thanks for the assistance though.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
How do I edit a save?
Please note that this is not advised or endorsed by the devs (not sure if they're OK with these links even - please advise).

It can be done manually, as per these instructions. I've also just Googled up a site that automates the process of giving "lots of money" and "unlock all blocks". Neither will put things back how they were, for you, and aren't something I'd do myself, as I think they'd spoil campaign play for me. Good luck.