Game breaking bug 0.3.7

Joe

I found a destroyed base and decided to take advantage of it, too bad it was my base that was destroyed and i had already saved. Attached is 3 screen shots and broken save.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks for reporting this Joe. We've seen strange enemy vehicles with base components attached too so will aim to get a fix in for the next update.

Knyghtefall

I have a similar issue. Weirdly, I had a *second* base drop for me (I think it was when I picked up the rotating base block). I was able to attach the base components to my vehicle and play for quite a while. I still have my 'regular' base, which sometimes can be pushed around.

Now, I have two game saves where, when I try to continue, I just have a black screen. Both games saves are branched from an earlier game save that has the vehicle/base combo.

I have to say, its *very* convenient to have an ore processor and fabricator onboard my land cruiser :)

I've included the working version for those of you who'd like to see it in action. Personally, I hope that some variant of this will end up in the final product. Not necessarily the impenetrable force field component, but it would be great to build various 'base' blocks (Refinery, Fabricator, and especially the Resource Silo).

As a side note, I've purchased the Beta (using version 0.3.7). How do I get the forum to recognize me as a beta backer?

Attachments

Devin Justice

Bug 1:
I found a bug where the refinery gets jammed up with a resource and becomes inoperable. It seemed to happen after I had amassed a very large number of resources. I found two or three suggestions on how to unjam it but none of them worked. I tried running into the refinery to knock it out. I tried selling everything. I tried shooting it with various weapons. Nothing worked so I would classify it as "game breaking." I have started a new game and haven't let my resources pile up. So far, I haven't seen the issue.

Update for Bug 1: My Delivery Cannon just got jammed up as well. This time I didn't have a large number of resources. I will attach the save (game1.zip).

Bug 2:
My frame rate has started getting so slow that it is making combat difficult. I have all of the graphics options unchecked and set to "fastest" setting. This seems to have started after adding about 30 stud lasers to an already large number of blocks, wheels, and weapons. I have attached my current save (game.zip)

If there is anything else that would be helpful let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

Devin Justice

Bug 3: My save file won't load. When I try to load it I only see black screen, however, the music starts playing as usual. I waited several minutes with no luck. Additionally, this is by far the largest save file I have seen for TerraTech. I will attach it (game2.zip).

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Attachments

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I have a similar issue. Weirdly, I had a *second* base drop for me
We're aware of a problem with the population spawning with base components. We've fixed this for the next update :)

As a side note, I've purchased the Beta (using version 0.3.7). How do I get the forum to recognize me as a beta backer?
Email info@terratechgame.com to get yourself forum access.

Bug 1:
I found a bug where the refinery gets jammed up with a resource and becomes inoperable.
We're looking at how the base works now. It isn't an easy fix but it's been on our to-do list for a while! :)

Bug 3: My save file won't load. When I try to load it I only see black screen
Have tried loading this and I get the same issue. I've passed it on to the team to see if they can figure out the problem. Thanks for sending it in.

Spyrox

Website
www.DontKnowWhatThisIS.com
These Bugs make me wonder. You would think some bugs like these "AI With bases attached to them" or something of the sort, wouldn't be possible, unless it was directly coded into the game. They just appear to be to reoccurring so often with so many people, makes me wonder if you guys are being haunted by the TerraGhost.
o_O;)

Knyghtefall

Regarding the bug:
I found a bug where the refinery gets jammed up with a resource and becomes inoperable.

I've generally found that happens when I max out the amount of resources in the Resource Silo. Try selling some resources and see if that clears the jam.

In my 'mobile' base, I detached/attached the Refinery and that cleared the jam, too. Sadly, we can't re-arrange our base currently. Or attach anything to it.

Devin Justice

This may or may not be considered "game-breaking". When I first started playing, I unlocked a few items. However, more recently when I find new items I kill the guards as usual but after doing so the item still isn't available (it stays white on the rotating base which means you can't grab it). I will attach the save (game3.zip)

Attachments

Knyghtefall

For me, it's typically easier to just get the item off the dead guardian. If I restart the game by the white rotating base, a new guardian will show up, which is useful when the item you want blows up (like some of the fuel tanks).

Devin Justice

This method works for most things but getting fuel tanks is difficult and getting the other cabs seems impossible since they have to be destroyed to neutralize the enemy. Let me know if I'm missing something in regards to the cabs though.