Forums TAC Pack Mod (Block Pack) [0.6] ~ Terminal Velocity

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
Da fa..... is that your build?? This is a custom block thread, so don't mislead others into thinking that a new update is out when there is no update.
when did he say this, when I click the reply link it pops up as 0.5.3, not 0.5.5
I think that this is a build, as on the first post and on the drop box there is no 0.5.5 update, unless, it is some patreon/beta testing thing that most of us cannot obtain.

NOTE TO ALL FORUM POSTERS: IF YOU WANT TO POST A TECH ON THIS PAGE, PLEASE DON'T USE THE FORMAT THAT LEGIONITE USES FOR UPDATES, AND PLEASE, WHEN YOU REPLY, DON'T MAKE YOUR ORIGINAL TEXT INSIDE OF THE QUOTE. IT WILL CAUSE CONFUSION ABOUT WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL POST AND WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
(nothing was transferred over from the post)
Please take your Techs and post them in the Tech thread instead.

Also your constant errors in re-quoting others with more posts than you should (please keep them in the discussion thread) with the wrong context worries me, please try to read more, edit past posts instead of making new ones immediately after, and pay attention to your syntax.

NOTE TO ALL FORUM POSTERS: IF YOU WANT TO POST A TECH ON THIS PAGE, PLEASE DON'T USE THE FORMAT THAT LEGIONITE USES FOR UPDATES, AND PLEASE, WHEN YOU REPLY, DON'T MAKE YOUR ORIGINAL TEXT INSIDE OF THE QUOTE. IT WILL CAUSE CONFUSION ABOUT WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL POST AND WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE.
There is no secret release pending (other than 0.5.4 but right now it's a buggy mess and is still very much in the works)
There is no Patreon for this mod either, and I am not sure if I want to disclose where there is a hidden Discord server with early-releases or not.

The 0.5.5 is a strategy known as "clickbait" which, while I am mildly astounded that someone is making "clickbait" of this material, is not numerically correct in this context as the last case was 0.5.3 and thus it should have been 0.5.4 OR 0.6.

In matters, yes I did just leak the upcoming 0.5.4 update and it's bread-and-butter weapons for TAC to fill the basic niche it desperately needs, as well as more realistic methods of getting around, plus the much-requested corner blocks.

Have a sneak peak:
20220113163828_1.jpg
purple effect not included

Last edited:

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
SOO I took FARRR too long on the update, and added many more features than expected...
Look at the date of the previous TAC Pack update and you can clearly tell - I had to make it a BIG NUMBER update...

So prepare yourselves for the
TAC Pack Version 0.6 - Terminal Velocity
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER INSTALL OF THE "TAC Pack", PLEASE DELETE OLD FOLDER "C_TACBlocks_Main" AND CONTENTS WHEN INSTALLING!
RandomAdditions (and SafeSaves) is now required to run this mod.
If you don't have them installed in TTMM
(or TTSMM) then the mod will break!

[> DOWNLOAD LINK (Requires BlockInjector) <]

TACPack NewBlocks.png
The new weapons round out TAC's early-game weapons (Grades 1-3 [yes there's going to be 5 grades]) and the bigger ones aim to give TAC closer on-level firepower vs other modded corps despite the recent balance changes.
Changes
!!! Most of the TAC weapons have been re-balanced in relation to volume !!!
Previously Game-Breaking weapons should no longer INSTANT-KILL any large Vanilla Corp Techs.

- UNLESS it's the KRAM ICBM, which is intended to be lethal vs static/slow targets. But it's possible to dodge it after all.

+++ Made the AI Cabs no longer force their drive control - use TACtical AI instead to get the intended effect
+++ Larger TAC Wheels and the like will kick up significant dust when driving to showcase their overwhelming engine RPM compared to most other corps, as well as show how drifty they are.
+++ Some mid-range TAC wheels now have gearbox acceleration - this means that weight ultimately determines their max speed because they drop torque (and recover) between certain levels of speed. Stick to TAC blocks which are moderately weighted and durable for maximum performance.

++ Ginormous Buff to ION Cannon to make it viable - Single Target Damage changed from 7500 to 25000 - lethal to shields and will punish large blocks thoroughly.
++ Tractor Beam now stops pulling Techs closer than 20 meters
++ Pivelite and Argentavis now intercept incoming projectiles
++ Fighter Core & Gargniho Starship Engine now apply all thrust directly to Center of Mass (for performance and simplicity's sake)
++ Walker legs have been tweaked to hold themselves up with more power and be move more responsively. There should be less dragging and less taking damage for no reason.

+ Changed model of TAC Speedomatics AGAIN
+ Overhauled visuals of Vector Jet Engine to better fit seamlessly on wings
+ Removed some unnesseary particles from the TAC HVU engine
+ Doubled sell rate of Mobile Acute Delivery Cannon to anchored delivery cannon rates to compensate for costs
+ Improved textures of TAC Tank Tracks to better reflect movement
+ Made KRAM ICBM completely ignore armor as it's a nuke. A direct hit on a SINGLE block (EXCLUDING SHIELDS OF SHIELDS) insures the kill. Will not kill most higher end blocks but will ignore healing if enough is used.
+ All Positron cannons no longer penetrate, instead they certify kills if the target block HP hits zero.
+ All Sideburner wings now have control flaps and can now be used as proper tailfins

+/- Fixed physics issues with TAC wings that caused instability at high speeds. This has reduced wing handing.
+/- There's an experiment going on with the Spheroth Cannon having homing, please do provide feedback on this change before next TAC Pack update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes there's a Steam Port of this mod in progress.
Details are coming soon.

Next update will bring LARGE STAR AND SEA SHIP PARTS, longer and INSANELY durable slopes, more deadly in-deck weapons, swerve props, and last, but certainly not least, MODULAR CANNONS with immeasurable destructive capacity.
Have a nice day!

Dran_____

Nov 7, 2021
I just tested out the TAC Argentavis Interceptor Rifle, and it is surprisingly little it actually try to shoot I feel considering it says "almost anything". It is mostly Missiles and Energy Projectiles. Except for that it ignores normal bullets, mortar shots, or GSO Cannon Shots (The hawkeye Mk3 Battleship Cannon it actually tries to hit, but it's too fast). This makes them somewhat pointless in campaign since most enemies run heavily with bullet weapons or the GSO Megaton cannon at the point TAC weapons would be viable and onwards.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
TAC Pack Unofficial TTMM will no longer be updated:
So recently due to escalating issues in trying to maintain TAC Pack Unofficial's complicated and experimental block JSONs, I have deemed it incompatible with LegacyBlockLoader due to differences in how LegacyBlockLoader and NuterraSteam handle formatting in comperison to the TTMM Block Injector.

There's too much unique JSONBLOCK formatting and block abilities to keep managing and I don't have enough time with college and life to manage both Unofficial and Official branches.
I will make a new thread for the Steam Release and link it here when it releases.

I will not be able to update TAC Pack Unofficial once TAC Pack Core on Steam releases since it's too hard for me to maintain both at once.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

I WILL be able to continue releasing the block packs here, but they will only run with TTSMM's LegacyBlockLoader.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zonko

Tarkin

Nov 14, 2020
I have two Questions. At first, the giant spaceship engine refers in its description to being a smaller version of a valhalla engine, is this bigger engine available? And, the giant rocketarray always triggers a bug, will this be fixed?