Forums TAC Pack Mod (Block Pack) [0.5.1] ~ The Unpopping Update

Madnessinabottle

Dec 23, 2020
Thank for this mod, it's awesome. I was wondering if it would be possible to get the walker legs at smaller sizes? I'm a big fan of micro builds and drone armies.

Reactions: Legionite

fd46

Mar 17, 2020
this is one is my favourite mods since you added the walker legs but the "spider" ones are making the build really floppy i think it could be fixed but idk how anyone has an idea how to fix it?

skitter145

Jun 23, 2020
não adiantou a atualização continua bugado não aparece só os mods TAC_ os outros esta normal

Turtledudeman

duck duck goose
Mar 28, 2021
nowhere
www.google.com
I like the tech legs i read about. The tech legs work perfect the spider crawler legs are ok but the stringer work perfect they even have a jump effect nice!

Last edited:

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Minor Update 0.5.1
"The Unpopping" is Ready!

Major Optimizations: Now TAC vessels handle far more lighter on frame rate!
20210402193501_1.jpg
(The vessel on the left is vanilla with hoverbug, which gets 17 frames on a moderate gaming rig)
(The vessel on the right is nearly all TAC-only, which gets
29 frames on a moderate gaming rig!)
(Now building with the Starship Engines saves performance over the traditional hoverbug)

AIs have been changed to fire better when in combat, and they can now use normal boosters - in other words the TAC AI modules now work slightly closer to as intended (requires Buffblocks to apply this)
Changes:
+ The Shield and Repair bubbles have been fixed to work the the current version of TerraTech
+ Many changes to weapon damage - check some of the weapons you previously thought were weak - They might be good now
+ More models have been updated to reflect the look of TAC, and generally bring out the polygons better - this includes
Turbulence, Pivelite, Trundle, Light Praetorian, Reliegh Cannons, Cross-Beam Cannons, Ancestor, and others under the hood
Screenshot 2021-04-07 141305.png
+ Several collider fixes
+ capital-class turrets shouldn't kill ears anymore

+ Buffed Ancestor Heavy-Repeating Carbine projectile speed (95 -> 135), damage (40 -> 65) and accuraccy (0.25 -> 0.12) and nerfed kickback (30.0 -> 50.0)
+ Buffed Meteor Laser Turret damage (75 -> 150) and accuraccy (0.15 -> 0.075)
+ Buffed Kiyashima Turret damage (1000 -> 1225)
+ Tweaked Ethereal Lance to deal 125 energy damage every 3 seconds, now much more threatening
+ KRAM ICBM was given some movement under the water
+ Fixed Draccor Missile shield bypass issue

-/+ Energy Pulse Modulator System Beam Gun renamed and overhauled to Halberd Toothpaste Laser
Now has a shorter range, and a smaller explosion, but handles like an actual toothpaste laser now

- LARGE nerf to Dreadnaught Laser cannon, now identical stats to the Battleship Laser but with 30 more damage per shot
This was due to the devastating effects of the doubled firerate and the AP effect stacking far more damage than expected
- The EPMC bubble has been nerfed to reasonable levels

New blocks!
584470 + Tempest Jet Engine (1,1,3) //Smol jet engine like the turb but Zero Prop-sized for ease of use
584385 + Left Short Flexi Wing (2,2,3) //Left Shorter Flexi
584386 + Right Short Flexi Wing (2,2,3) //Right Shorter Flexi
584387 + Tiny Neutralis Wing (1,2,2) //tiny Neutralis

20210407135400_1.jpg
(TAC HQ replica, not to scale)

------------------------------------------------------------
!! WARNING !!
1 AP has been removed from the Trundle wheel!
Check all your builds with the wheel!

[>TAC Pack 0.5.1 Download Link<](Dropbox)
Edit: It now works

Any bugs, Techs you'd like to share? Post them below!
Next update will bring some naval-themed parts to TAC, stay tuned!

Last edited:

fortifier2119

Apr 17, 2021
Happy Halloween!

Version 0.5 "Base and Space Update" is Out!
+ BASES! 100% nomad base system capable of running un-anchored. Recipes will no longer keep you out of a fight!
+ The HUGE Zephyrus Antigravity bubble which works perfectly in combination with the Garnigho Spaceship Engine.
(currently the Zephyrus' drain on volume is 0.325 energy per sec, please let me know if that should be changed - Better Future's ECO is 0.30 for reference)
+ The modular wings are FIXED! They no longer have control issues and will handle correctly now.
View attachment 35133

+ Pacemaker that slightly buffs everything but makes all blocks slightly more prone to falling off (Requires Buff blocks TTMM Mod)
+ Some TAC missiles work underwater now, -excluding the ICBM because it's too powerful
+ Revised Compressors for consistency and new Active Intakes!
+ Diagonal turrets! HUGE armor-melting laser cannons!
+ Smol battery and high-density but DANGER battery!
+ A Cab that transforms into a little adorable mini-jet
+ Repair bees now do what they do best!
+ Shield that blocks explosives! <- WARNING: May be rebalanced!
+ More overhauled visuals!
+ More detailing blocks!
View attachment 35164

Have a Space Battleship Amaterasu (64 blocks long) for an example of a Garnigho-Antigrav ship:
View attachment 35132
+ Less laggy, and thus, better performing compared to a comparably-sized hoverbug ship, thanks to greatly reduced hover particles.

- A similarly sized ship using vanilla blocks would be around 8,000,000 BB
This is 30,000,000 BB!

- WATCH THAT FUEL BAR - once it hits zero you will be sitting there for quite the time.

(misc tech for base example)
View attachment 35162
(Starter Tech)
View attachment 35163

[>TAC Pack 0.5 Download Link<]
(Dropbox)

NEXT update will add new parts with water mod compatibility.
How do I use shields for 0.5.1?

fortifier2119

Apr 17, 2021
If you subscribed to the one on Steam Workshop, that one is updated separately from this one as Steam Modding is far behind forums modding.

To install I highly advise you join the Official TerraTech Discord for instructions on how to install TTMM.
I have it all set up, I just can't access the TAC shields.

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
I have it all set up, I just can't access the TAC shields.
Check the below linked post - has the fixed shields
Minor Update 0.5.1
"The Unpopping" is Ready!

Major Optimizations: Now TAC vessels handle far more lighter on frame rate!
View attachment 35872
(The vessel on the left is vanilla with hoverbug, which gets 17 frames on a moderate gaming rig)
(The vessel on the right is nearly all TAC-only, which gets 29 frames on a moderate gaming rig!)
(Now building with the Starship Engines saves performance over the traditional hoverbug)

AIs have been changed to fire better when in combat, and they can now use normal boosters - in other words the TAC AI modules now work slightly closer to as intended (requires Buffblocks to apply this)
Changes:
+ The Shield and Repair bubbles have been fixed to work the the current version of TerraTech
+ Many changes to weapon damage - check some of the weapons you previously thought were weak - They might be good now
+ More models have been updated to reflect the look of TAC, and generally bring out the polygons better - this includes
Turbulence, Pivelite, Trundle, Light Praetorian, Reliegh Cannons, Cross-Beam Cannons, Ancestor, and others under the hood
View attachment 35875
+ Several collider fixes
+ capital-class turrets shouldn't kill ears anymore

+ Buffed Ancestor Heavy-Repeating Carbine projectile speed (95 -> 135), damage (40 -> 65) and accuraccy (0.25 -> 0.12) and nerfed kickback (30.0 -> 50.0)
+ Buffed Meteor Laser Turret damage (75 -> 150) and accuraccy (0.15 -> 0.075)
+ Buffed Kiyashima Turret damage (1000 -> 1225)
+ Tweaked Ethereal Lance to deal 125 energy damage every 3 seconds, now much more threatening
+ KRAM ICBM was given some movement under the water
+ Fixed Draccor Missile shield bypass issue

-/+ Energy Pulse Modulator System Beam Gun renamed and overhauled to Halberd Toothpaste Laser
Now has a shorter range, and a smaller explosion, but handles like an actual toothpaste laser now

- LARGE nerf to Dreadnaught Laser cannon, now identical stats to the Battleship Laser but with 30 more damage per shot
This was due to the devastating effects of the doubled firerate and the AP effect stacking far more damage than expected
- The EPMC bubble has been nerfed to reasonable levels

New blocks!
584470 + Tempest Jet Engine (1,1,3) //Smol jet engine like the turb but Zero Prop-sized for ease of use
584385 + Left Short Flexi Wing (2,2,3) //Left Shorter Flexi
584386 + Right Short Flexi Wing (2,2,3) //Right Shorter Flexi
584387 + Tiny Neutralis Wing (1,2,2) //tiny Neutralis

View attachment 35874
(TAC HQ replica, not to scale)

!! WARNING !!
1 AP has been removed from the Trundle wheel!
Check all your builds with the wheel!

[>TAC Pack 0.5.1 Download Link<](Dropbox)
Edit: It now works

Next update will bring some naval-themed parts to TAC, stay tuned!