Forum transparrancy.

DoubleThePsycho

Web monkey
Apr 3, 2018
Norway
doublethepsycho.site
Alright, you guys begged for it.
A lot of you guys seem to like the themes, and I'm happy for that.
Others are not as happy, and to you guys, I'm working on something new that should fix stuff.
Altho transparency is a highly requested thing, and the idea has gone thru my mind a few times.
I've taken 3 screenshots with different transparency levels, seen below.

Let me know what transparency level you want, and if you want it for one, 2 or all 3 themes.

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

layer1

Jun 14, 2017
If the post area will be transparent, .75 or 1. The menu can be whatever; .75 and .5 look equally good.

Thank you for your work!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Look at the old Scenic transparency (I had an old tab still open), it's at least 50% and looked good, with no issue reading the odd bit of text on it:

I know it's uninspired to stay similar, but I really like it like that - it's softer on the eyes, and looks kind of soft-focus, so draws the eye naturally to the post/reply text bodies.

I strongly dislike the trend for solid colour window/boarders, as with Windows 10 when they killed off Aero for no good reason (I desperately tried third party modifications to re-gain this, which screwed up, sadly :(). It makes it unnecessarily hard to discern the edges of windows/sections/etc.