Forum errors

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm in the UK (if that makes any difference) and only seem to get it about 1 in 20, most the times. But it seems noticeably worst at weekends and busy times, I think.

And yeah, been an issue for at least a year.

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
and I also have been suffering from the CLODFIRE errors (usually the 502 in the last few months), and would dearly LOVE to see the clodfire damped out

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
the clodfire locations that I often get errors from include hong kong, sydney, perth
btw I am in australia east coast, and this morning I have had (so far) 8 clodfires, it must be the start of the clodfire season

Karel Slabý

I don't think this is about lag, for browsing web/forums usually you won't notice any significant difference even if the actual web server is hosted on the other side of the planet... It may take a few seconds longer, but not cause actual timeouts.
According to their website one datacenter is even located in my city. Must be some other issue, dunno what but hopefully fixable :).

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to this issue. We've got the best minds looking into it and should have an update for you shortly.

If it makes you feel any better, even we get the same error messages at about the same rate, so when I'm on here 90% of the time that's a lot of error pages to receive. We feel your pain!

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to this issue. We've got the best minds looking into it and should have an update for you shortly.

If it makes you feel any better even we get the same error messages at about the same rate so when I'm on here 90% of the time that's a lot of error pages to receive. We feel your pain!
Matt, I understand your concern, but please. Use. Periods. And. Commas. It annoys me to no end and makes it harder to read.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
You may, or may not, have noticed the forum went offline for a few hours recently. This was while we were carrying out essential, long overdue server maintenance.

The good news is that this should have resolved this issue. There is an added bonus that the forum is now running faster too (WAHOO!).

Please update this thread if you come across any Cloudflare 502 errors so we can keep track.

Thanks!
Matt

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The good news is that this should have resolved this issue.
Ooh, excellent news indeed! Seems good, yeah, apart from this:
The pictures only appear as normal files and cannot be embedded into the post as full-size pictures or thumbnails
Any insights on what's happening with that? It's a bug, right?