Forum character limits

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
Does anyone know what the character limits are for threads, and individual posts? I have something rather "lengthy" that I want to do, and am trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
I remember reading that there is a 5000 character limit (even for the devs), so I would suggest keeping each of the posts to under 5000 characters

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
I tried to post something in a reply that was like 4 sentences on a profile page one time and it wouldn't take it. So I was wondering if I could post something with 5 or 6 in a thread is all. I get the feeling you might not enjoy seeing me express myself at great length. In which case I shall refrain from subjecting you to such things in the future. :)

I tried to post something in a reply that was like 4 sentences on a profile page one time and it wouldn't take it. So I was wondering if I could post something with 5 or 6 in a thread is all. I get the feeling you might not enjoy seeing me express myself at great length. In which case I shall refrain from subjecting you to such things in the future. :)
Yeah, profile posts and especially profile post comments have stupidly small character limits. But the character limit on regular posts/comments should be high enough for most things (and I doubt anybody will care if you extend it into another message if it’s too long).