Fluffy Blocks...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Lost Ninja, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

That is Hats, Coloured Blocks... that sort of thing.

Coloured Blocks should unlock automatically at say GSO-3. Hats should drop from world content...

But for the love of all that is gaming please keep them out of reward chests.

Make it so people who want that sort of thing can get them but when resources matter (which they sometimes do) a reward box that has no parts that can be sold/scrapped/used (for anything but decoration) is greatly annoying.

Also can you either remove the Christmas decorations entirely or replace them with something more in fitting with the current time of year? (I'm aware that there is a Halloween block or two but only a couple there is loads of Christmas decorations.)

2. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have cool fluffy blocks instead of silly fluffy blocks...

MrTwister and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

It would also be nice to have more generic decorative blocks to use. Also some basic blocks/armour blocks with corporation logos on them, for branding.

4. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

What we need is a fluffy/EXP payload terminal to buy items in the "Special" category.
    Some more of those blocks would be nice too.
    And there should either be more nonseasonal/other seasonal items or less christmas items. I'm a bit tired of christmas in July. Not that I ever use Fluffy™ items.

5. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

I thought this thread was for REAL fluffy blocks, not special ones.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  6. Hydraesque

Hydraesque Member

Christmas isn't a season, it's a lifestyle

NotExactlyHero and Khaine like this.
  7. Lost Ninja

It's a pagan (Well the Romans didn't think they were Pagan) celebration appropriated by the Early Christians because they didn't invent what they could steal... ;)

It's two crappy days in December that give shops another excuse to pretend to sell overpriced tat at slightly lower prices.

Lord Zarnox and JimmyBlether like this.
  8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

I'm agree with most of post above except be able to buy them from terminal , i've currently around 27.000.000 and i'm happy to be "forced" traveling between mission terminal for buy colored block and EXP stuff, when the game is "finished" you need to find tasks if you want stay.

9. Lost Ninja

I've been working on a base, it has roughly 20 plates each containing around 225 EXP Platforms, I then have several more structures containing probably another 500 or so of the various ramps. This at the end of a fairly long Campaign play I had found (and I set out looking for them at the start of the Campaign) 3 Platforms and a mixture of 7 ramps. Luckily that was enough to cheat the rest I needed in via CE but it'd been much better if I could have bought/crafted them.

10. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Yeah it will be ok if they was craftable , why not , but i must admit i'm pretty against be able to buy everything.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  11. Lord Zarnox

Maybe if killing enemies didn't give you Block Bucks (with the exception of mission rewards) it would be fine, but who knows.

12. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Huh , they give BB ? i always see a few amount of XP but never BB

13. NotExactlyHero

It doesn't say that it gives BB, but if you look at your BB as you kill a tech, you'll see it goes up a bit. Haven't you ever wondered how you get over the 5k BB that you start with before completing the first mission?

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  14. the.nihilist

the.nihilist Semiprofessional Idler

Yea, to collecting EXP and Color Blocks from trade stations is one of my post campaign missions too. The only thing bugging me are the Trailer Wheels that i only ever saw there in the very early stages of the campaign.

IMO some of the decorative Special Blocks could be even more rare and only issued from reward crates when corps are maxed as designated collectibles to prolong the post campaign and give something to do missions for.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  15. Lost Ninja

TBH I'm only in favour of having things that cannot reliably be bought or crafted now be available to buy easily. EXP & SPE blocks currently cannot be gained with any ease in Campaign mode which means if you want to do some pixel art or something similar you almost have to cheat or do it in Creative/R&D. It would be nice not being forced into a different game mode to do that sort of thing.

Lord Zarnox and Khaine like this.
  16. NotExactlyHero

Why don't we just say that x percent of the time, crafting them will fail. Or, we could make it a random chance of failing. Just have crafting fail sometimes.
    And we could make it to where you need a "special" fabricator(EXP/Special) which by itself only has a few EXP/Special blocks, and is unlocked via mission. Then, you need to do more missions to hopefully unlock "special"(EXP/Special) dongles, which can be like regular dongles with the rarity stuff(whatever the types regular type of dongles are called, ex: advanced), but have to be attached to the "special" fabricator. None of the dongles or the fabricator can be bought from a shop or crafted.

harpo99999 and JimmyBlether like this.
  17. Lost Ninja

An alternative to cheating them in or switching to creative isn't some complex system where you have to find other hard to get items to make currently hard to get items. If I wanted to make it hard to get EXP/SPE blocks I would suggest not changing anything.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  18. Lord Zarnox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here we go, some actual fluffy cubes.

19. Lost Ninja

My GPU would complain. :D

Lord Zarnox and JimmyBlether like this.
  20. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

That's a die, the blue one.

Hmm... I was watching a DVD recently and my CPU had a heart attack. The fan was freaking out and all!

Lord Zarnox likes this.